Translator/Educator with Twitch channel

mantixero

Hello everyone,

I'm mantixero, and I like playing games in Japanese and using those playthroughs to help other people understand, learn, and have fun with Japanese.

For my twitch channel I normally play console games, but I started playing VNs in English about 16 years ago (Divi Dead is probably the most memorable). I've found it hard to devote time to any VNs in recent years, but I collected a lot of them in my college days, and would like to start playing through them. I'm a n00b to the translation scene, but I do know a little Japanese, and I'd like to contribute what I can. My goals are not only to translate, but also to make learning materials such as Anki flashcard decks for people to study. If anyone else is interested in making learning materials, I would love to collaborate. I have a sample deck that I made from the PS2 game Demento that you can check out here.

Nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you!

I was interested in your introduction post due to the fact that from what I gather you want to do live translations for visual novels. I love streaming visual novels in their original Japanese text and commenting on them for entertainment purposes, however live translators are hard to come by. We should touch base, because if what I think about your post is true, I have an idea you may or may not be interested in.

I was interested in your introduction post due to the fact that from what I gather you want to do live translations for visual novels. I love streaming visual novels in their original Japanese text and commenting on them for entertainment purposes, however live translators are hard to come by. We should touch base, because if what I think about your post is true, I have an idea you may or may not be interested in.