OriginalRen's Status Update [Long Post]

OriginalRen

Edit: Please note that I have changed the name of the award's system to better reflect what it's intended purpose is. That being said, occasional words such as "award" will appear in this post which do not reflect the purpose behind this system. Since I don't want to go back and edit all of the words, please read them with the given intent in mind. Thanks!

To all members of Fuwanovel and friends of Fuwanovel,

This post, which I promise will be a long one, is a collection of information and details that pertain to the many activities, giveaways, and visual novel projects I am currently working on or have to take care of on the website. It will be a place where I post all current and pertinent information regarding anything and everything I have worked on in the past or am currently in the process of completing. If that doesn't make any sense to you, don't worry. At the beginning of this post I have prepared a table of contents which organizes all of the information in an easy to read format. If there is something you are currently wondering about or want to know more about, simply scroll down to the appropriately labeled section and read from there.

Please keep in mind that I am listing this information in no particular order and may over the next several days edit bits and pieces as I see fit when I go back to reread what I typed. For the most part though, everything in here should be accurate, and while I may miss some things, feel free to address it in this thread and I will be sure to add it to this original post.

With that, feel free to read on, and if you have any questions or just want to show your support or comment, please do so.

Table of Contents:

1. Battle of the Guilds - Fuwanovel's Card Game

2. The Fuwanovel Conspiracy Murder Mystery Game

3. Current Status of the "Award's" System (AKA: The Contribution/Participation Recognition System (CPR))

4. Server Move Status/Changes for the Site

5. Podcast Episodes/Community Spotlight Series

6. Profile Page Changes/YouTube Channel Changes

7. Promotional Streams for Visual Novels

8. VN Mailing Service/Prize Shipping

9. My Japanese Video Blog

10. The Fuwanovel Time Capsule

11. The Fuwanovel Love Live Fuse Concert

1. Battle of the Guilds - Fuwanovel's Card Game

For those of you wondering about the status of this game, here is the deal. Originally, my intent when creating it was to have a lot of free time and be able to quickly edit the boards. While I had planned for a way to make the rounds as smooth as possible, I did not take this into account for the very 1st match. As such, a lot of people have lost interest and I am left with boards to edit and games which I have not updated in awhile.

That being said, I had plans for the future matches which would shorten each match length significantly, however now that a lot of people have lost interest in playing, I am not sure who is still active. First and foremost, let me say that I still plan to finish this activity, and for those of you who have lost teammates and/or opponents and are now playing the matches solo, I plan to personally take responsibility in finishing each of them and playing against you if the need arises. Starting tomorrow, I will be updating boards at the end of the night and by my Monday, we will get the ball rolling again. I will be posting in the official thread linked below during this time to see who is no longer on board if that may be the case.

To everyone who participated in the BOGs activity, I still plan to create a custom award icon as promised. In fact, I have already created the template for it and will showcase it here for those that are interested. The basic black icon will be used. If your guild wins the competition, the gold icon will be used instead.

fAnGjNc.png

d2lZPwL.png

Smaller versions:

WX5JFEu.png

jjezIuB.png

Please note that the Kuudere icon is used as a filler for the example; you will receive the respective icon based on what guild you were apart of.

Finally, if you are interested in obtaining the templates and files for the game yourself, please let me know via a PM and I can send you everything you need!

Fuwanovel's Battle of the Guilds!

2. The Fuwanovel Conspiracy Murder Mystery Game

I have already planned the very 1st murder and have taken all the necessary steps which will allow me to start the game at any time. I promise, no, pinky promise, that I will have all of this information uploaded by the beginning of this week (this week being Sunday or Monday for most of you). I will PM the roles once again to make sure everyone is still on board, and after confirmation, the game will begin. I am really, really sorry for this delay, but I promise to make it up to you!

I am looking forward to this as much as you are, so don't think I have forgotten about it. Like the rest of my game's and fun website activities, I plan to present active participants a custom award icon, so look forward to that! For more details and all news about the game itself, check the linked thread below.

The Fuwanovel Conspiracy - A Game of Murder, Mystery, and Intrigue!

3. Current Status of the "Award's" System (AKA: The Contribution/Participation Recognition System (CPR))

Many of you are wondering what I have in store for this system. First off, let me start by saying my intent with the system is changing to more of an "achievement" marker of sorts, and as such the name will be changed to better reflect its purpose. Currently, all we need is the server move to occur, at which point I will contact Tay and get permissions to edit the awards and fiddle around with it. For those of you who are unaware of what this means, the best way to describe what I have in mind is by comparing it to video game achievements. While Fuwanovel's system is not quite the same, they are similar.

If you have an awesome idea for an award or even the design of an award, feel free to PM me and I will see what I can do. Here is a list of current awards I have been working on so far:

• Have at least 500 posts - I want to award the members of Fuwanovel who actively participate on this website, even if the majority of their time is only spent in 1 thread (i.e = the Love Live thread). That being said, I will not be awarding icons for reaching certain post limits, but having an icon for marking your time spent here as a contributing member should be recognized
  • Actively be apart of a translation team as posted in the project's section on the site - This award is a must and should be awarded to those who actively contribute fan translations to the site. I will hand out this award to those who are apart of any visual novel translation team, however in order to be eligible, you and your group must have shown progress for your game in some way or another. This can include a partial patch (such as the common route patches being released recently) or an updated progress chart. While the number itself is arbitrary and up for debate, I would say having at least 50% of your game complete counts as being active. Basically, if it's obvious you are doing something with the game and not just posting about it to look like you're actually doing something, I will give you the award; the community itself can help decide if they feel your team and its members deserve it
  • Create an original visual novel or actively partake in making it - As far as I know, there are 3 awesome teams on this website that are actively creating visual novels from scratch and are doing an excellent job from what I have seen so far. By forming a team and actively making an effort to create an OELVN, you will be awarded an icon
  • Actively volunteer for or participate in a podcast episode - This can include past episodes you have been apart of or upcoming episodes in the future. By being apart of the community and having your opinion heard, you deserve to be recognized
  • Participate in visual novel trivia month -

GeWvIkK.pngSjjHJJ6.png

• Participate in the BOGs game -

ywPNQck.pngbUBTA6T.png

• Partipcipate in Fuwanovel's murder mystery game
  • Participate in Rose's Grisaia quiz game (awarded to the winner)
  • Submit a Fuwanovel time capsule entry before 2015:

LJ3Rhp2.png

• Win the retro giveaway drawing:

3EblBc7.png

And more to come...

Everyone knows this has been going on long enough, and I myself will address it if I need to. The people who are responsible for the server move (whoever they may be at this point in time) have not been making this happen as stated in the most recent podcast episode I had with Tay. That being said, I don't care what it takes, I will personally find a way to make this server move happen in the next 2 weeks by either figuring out a way to do it myself or by seeking help from a friend who has worked with websites before.

I am in no way angry at anyone involved with the current status of the site, however this wait has gone on long enough when there have been plenty of opportunities to get it done. I want things to start happening for the website as much as anyone else, and as stated in that podcast episode, there is still a lot in store. Please, for everyone's sake, let's get the ball rolling; it doesn't take that long to do this task.

5. Podcast Episodes/Community Spotlight Series

In the coming week, I plan to work on podcast episodes once again. I have a lot of ideas for topics, as well as people I will be PMing in the next week to hopefully be featured on the "Get to Know Your Community" episodes. In addition, I still have the Violet Hill group to interview for their original visual novel, so I will be setting a date for that ASAP. Check out the main thread this coming week for additional details. All respective threads are linked below.

Finally, I am working on uploading more community spotlight videos. The Major and I are working on adding the rest of the YouTube podcast videos to my account. Hopefully we can finish all of these before the new year comes around. We will do our very best!

Fuwanovel Podcast (Fuwacast) Official Thread

Fuwanovel Community Spotlight Video Series Official Thread

yLClben.png

zAq5PSx.png

6. Profile Page Changes/YouTube Channel Changes

My video blog is making me happy and I am excited with how it is turning out. That being said, I will be making some changes to my profile page and YouTube channel in the next week or so. For starters, I will be creating promotional videos that showcase all of the streams I have done or am currently doing for visual novels. These videos will have information in their description boxes that contain links to all of the recordings on my Google Drive as well as links to any and all respective threads. In addition, I plan to spice these locations up by editing their appearance and overall look. I hope it turns out all right!

7. Promotional Streams for Visual Novels

Grieviious and I plan to stream Konami's route in Koi ga Saku this coming week, as well as actively looking for new VNs to promote and new streams to start. I also plan to finish Mina's route in Cocoro@Function! in preparation for the new release this coming Friday! I will update all of the respective threads with additional information after the weekend is finished. Keep an eye on these threads for more information:

Cocoro@Function! Stream V.2 with OrginalRen! - Mina's Route!

Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki English Stream with Grieviious and OriginalRen Official Thread!

8. VN Mailing Service/Prize Shipping

Everything is ready to ship overseas, but for some reason I am having trouble locating cardboard boxes. Seriously. I promise that by the end of the month, things will start to come together and I will begin mailing packages out. Please forgive me for the delay.

For those of you that have already paid for your items via the mailing service, I will be shipping your items this week if I am able to. I will be PMing you in person after the weekend is over to apologize for the delay. Again, please forgive me for this error.

Here is a list of people who have paid for items so far:

• Nosebleed - Nico figure, Maki figure
  • solidbatman - Rewrite
  • hjandreas - AstralAir, Irotoridori no Sekai World's End Complete
  • Ceris - Rin figure

I plan to update the order status thread this week for those of you who haven't paid. I will start collecting actual payments for your items during that time if I have not done so already. Check the thread linked below for more details as the week progresses.

Final Listing of Item Orders from Japan

9. My Japanese Video Blog

Check it out if you haven't done so already! I am always looking for new suggestions, so please help me out and subscribe to my channel! All information about the actual blog is located in the respective thread linked below.

The Official Japanese Video Blog Thread

8sFV8vd.png

10. The Fuwanovel Time Capsule

I am working on uploading all of your entries to my Google Drive, where I will reveal them when the new year begins. If you would like to add something to the capsule, you are still more than welcome to do so, however your name will not be entered into the retro giveaway drawing.

I will be hosting this drawing (as well as the drawing for the free visual novel of your choice) by the end of December. Stay tuned for more details.

OriginalRen's Time Capsule/Retro Giveaway!

11. The Fuwanovel Love Live Fuse Concert

The concert will be taking place next week! Keep your eyes peeled for the official stream announcement, and look forward to some awesome Love Live songs from your friends at Fuwanovel. Check the thread linked below for all future announcements. For those of you who requested tickets, you will be entered into a drawing during the show which will feature a special prize from all of the members of Fuse, so look forward to it!

Fuwanovel's Love Live Idol Concert! Feat. Fuse

K7qjVrB.jpg

Holy cow. If you read the entirety of this post, congratulations. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. I hope this will help answer all of your questions should any arise, and remember that in the next few days or so, I may edit this post to add additional information if need be. If that is the case, all new information will be displayed in red.

Thanks again, and see you around.

Everyone knows this has been going on long enough, and I myself will address it if I need to. The people who are responsible for the server move (whoever they may be at this point in time) have not been making this happen as stated in the most recent podcast episode I had with Tay. That being said, I don't care what it takes, I will personally find a way to make this server move happen in the next 2 weeks, and if I am unable to do it, I will fight nail and tooth until it happens.

I am in no way angry at anyone involved, however this wait has gone on long enough when there are plenty of chances to get it done. I want things to start happening for this site as much as anyone else, and as stated in that podcast episode, there is still a lot in store. Please, for everyone's sake, let's get the ball rolling; it doesn't take that long to do this task.

+1000

I'm looking foward to the awards system. It seems like a nice addition to this website.

And good luck on moving the server :P

You seem to be pretty busy, don't overwork yourself.

But at the same time, thank you for all the work you've put into things, people like you are the reason I joined this community.

I wish I could give you something, let's share a banana sometime.

Also I can't wait for the Love Live concert, good luck everyone~

If people want to see your status updates, they can go see your previous thread. 

Making a new thread is just adding another pointless one just to get attention which you wouldn't have gotten.

Second, could you argue why 3 is a good idea (cause it's clearly not) ? It's been previously discussed that the award system could be used to encourage people to be active in helping the site's or the forum's developpement. This is not what you plan to use it for, can you tell me why ?

Finally a thread giving life back to Fuwanovel. Its been pretty dead around here lately

~~~

Once everything gets settled down and back on running again I think this thread can be renamed to include "index" since it pretty much includes all of Ren's ongoing stuff.

And although I know some people are gonna complain and complain about favoritism and special treatment and all that muckraker goodstuff for me suggesting this, but for organizational purposes, instead of Ren having to create multiple updating threads and whatnot over several months, would it be better if he just got a sticky?

I guess you can (in the case of whenever you need to make a big update regarding all of your ongoing activiites):

1. Keep doing what you are doing now.

2. Keep doing what you are doing now, but destroy the older update threads.

3. Keep one update thread only. When you ever need to make another big update, type one up and then copy pasta and bump it.