Looking for another VN to play (sort of open-ended)

Chronopolis

I've found myself a bit burnt out on the games I'm playing and looking for something new. You can see what I've played from my vndb profile. 日本語OKです.

Criteria:

Isn't moege. Can be a game that classified as nakige but can't be something just meant to make you cry. No KEY.

Doesn't primarily take place in a school setting.

Isn't really dark and screwed up. Simply being sad, gloomy, harsh via realism, or serious is OK

Isn't super convoluted and confusing.

Has some plot or is plot-focused (not a huge amount of slice of life, charage's are ok if they come with drama/plot).

Doesn't have long infodumps.

Doesn't use excessively grand verbose language (ie. dies irae, hello lady, muramasa)

White Album 2

Kazoku Keikaku

Memories Off Series

Baldr Sky Dive

Soukoku no Arterial

Gekkou no Carneval

Hatsuyuki Sakura

Majo Koi Nikki

Mirai Nostalgia

Irotoridori no Sekai

Thanks for the suggestions!

White Album 2 -- Yeah, that's looks like a good choice.

Kazoku Keikaku -- I've kinda shirked away from it since it's moenovelized but it's been highly rated in a few places... hmm.

Memories Off Series -- I've never heard of the series before O.o. The more human characters and drama is nice, reminds me of (https://vndb.org/v10557)

Baldr Sky Dive = infodump, also very overwhelmingly long

Soukoku no Arterial  -- already playing something with gameplay

Gekkou no Carneval -- nitro = fighting with lots some infodump

Hatsuyuki Sakura -- will check out, damn those ratings are high.

Majo Koi Nikki -- From what I hear my impressions of this game are... complicated, (https://vndb.org/t5426)

Mirai Nostalgia -- bad experience from purple's soft's hapymaer, which is supposedly a better game

Irotoridori no Sekai -- played it a teeny bit, didn't like it. Probably will play it eventually (play at least one irotoridori/hoshimemo-like game)

Comyu, Narcissu and True Remembrance are what I can think of from the top of my head. Symphonic Rain is a really good read too, but it does kind of take place in a school setting.

Ah, I took a look at reviews of Comyu and it looks like something that would definitely interest me (emphasized is the sense of community, though each person has motives, and the vn also explores some of the immediate consequences/possibilities that would arise from gaining control of such power).

Narcissu and True Rembrance I will get to some time. I also saw Symphonic rain, and someone said that the mini-games were adorable.

Majo Koi Nikki is... blech.  Tsukiakari Lunch is better.

Abyss Homicide Club

Futagoza no Paradox

Owaru Sekai to Birthday

Harumade Kururu

Natsukumo Yururu

Sinclient

Soukou Akki Muramasa (despair aplenty)

Vermilion Bind of Blood

Houkago no Futekikakusha (it is in a school, but it is so nightmarishly horrifying to the characters I doubt if you'll even notice)

Gekkou no Carnevale

Hotel. (soft post-apocalyptic utsuge)

Izuna Zanshinken (has a school part, but it is contrasted with the protagonist being a vengeance-for-hire assassin)

I've found myself a bit burnt out on the games I'm playing and looking for something new. You can see what I've played from my vndb profile. 日本語OKです.

Criteria:

Isn't moege. Can be a game that classified as nakige but can't be something just meant to make you cry. No KEY.

Doesn't primarily take place in a school setting.

Isn't really dark and screwed up. Simply being sad, gloomy, harsh via realism, or serious is OK

Isn't super convoluted and confusing.

Has some plot or is plot-focused (not a huge amount of slice of life, charage's are ok if they come with drama/plot).

Doesn't have long infodumps.

Doesn't use excessively grand verbose language (ie. dies irae, hello lady, muramasa)