Help with text files (Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~)

SirArucard

Hello. I am trying to translate the game: "Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~" to portuguese. ( http://www.mangagamer.com/ did this game).

I am using ExtractData English v1.20 to extract the files, but I can't find the text files, only images and sound files. Where I can find this files? How can I, after translating, put back the translation files in the game?

Sorry for this questions, because I am noob.

Thank you!

Are you getting a bunch of files with an unknown extension? Like it just says FILE as the type for all the files you extracted from the .arc file?

Do you know what is the engine that the game runs on? You will need a tool pack for the specific engine so that you can get the script into .TXT files

Emi's post is accurate as to what you get out of the arc file, no file extensions.

Okay, here it is .arc. Most of the scripts you need to edit are in _aki, _main and _map. Don't worry about the scr files there's nothing to edit in there so I didn't dump it. 

Oh I forgot, this game is in both Japanese/English version so you don't have to worry about the text in japanese just ignore them and translate the one in english.

I'll just PM you tomorrow the method to put it back together. I'm really busy right now

Oh, thank you! I will wait your PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...