mmos. what are you playing and what do you recommend?

solace

I had played WoW from Burning Crusade to mid-Mists of Pandaria as a hardcore raider, but I stopped playing because the encounters just stopped being interesting, even after doing every encounter from different perspectives (tank, healer, hunter, caster dps, melee dps).

Right now however I'm playing Final Fantasy XIV:  A Realm Reborn because quite frankly, it's better in my opinion.  Crafting actually takes time when doing high-level items and it requires some careful consideration as to how you approach your crafts.  Gathering as well is much more than FIND NODE, PUNCH NODE, GAIN STUFF.  

When it comes to actual combat content, the encounters that have been current content have been pleasantly challenging and have taken a long time to learn the fights as a hardcore raider (as competing players will NOT release their findings until much later).  Fights have also been completely merciless towards under-performance or handling mechanics incorrectly, 9/10 times causing the group to die.

If you want an example of EVIL mechanics from it though, I'd go back to 2.0 Twintania which was labelled as the most difficult MMO encounter ever made, as it had a large amount of instant-death mechanics, a large amount of situational awareness required, and the gear in that period was not particularly good for this encounter in the hardcore days.  The mechanic in question is Twisters.  Twintania would start a cast called "Twister" and at the end of the cast 4 random players will have an invisible landmine placed on their location at the time the cast ended; if the player stepped on the landmine (now called twister for consistency) it instantly killed them and knocked back all nearby players very far (there's a wall surrounding the arena that if you touch it, you instantly die as well).  Now here's the kicker, you don't know if you've been targeted by it and if you go too far away from your own twister, it detonates, causing you and anyone else nearby to get knocked back, most likely into the death wall.

I love almost all of the encounters (some are just too easy), and I continue to play it as a hardcore raider to this day.

Well there was one MMO named Aura Kingdom and it's kind of an anime style MMO. It's not really a groundbreaking MMO per se but the art there is quite nice.

Dragon Nest is one of the only MMOs that appealed to me, so I would recommend that. It's an ARPG with amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMuJBiiwNdo. Problem is,  I've never met anyone outside Asia who plays it, not sure why. (Nexon maybe...? :unsure:) 

Well there was one MMO named Aura Kingdom and it's kind of an anime style MMO. It's not really a groundbreaking MMO per se but the art there is quite nice.

People still play Dragon Nest? Wow. 

the beta on aura was okay but its just spamming your own lv dungeon there no need to qeust just spam the dungeon in your lv range.

also the class knight and bard comb ~-~ is so broken a full dps cant fight it because all hits either get blocked/evaded and even if they hit he just heals himself with bard skills and 1 selfheal.

beside aura i played eden eternal.

it was a fun game was in the top guild of that game just never really tried so i was always screwing around.

Ok mmo's. Or I guess mmorpg's.

At the moment I'm only playing World of Warcraft. It's a very good game, but you need a monthly subscription.

I have played som anime styled ones as well (all free to play):

- Grand Fantasia (not amazing in the least)

- Eden Eternal: It has a very interesting class system, where you are able to swap between classes. Your character lvls up on it's own, but you also have to lvl up the different classes. Then to unlock more classes you have to lvl up other classes. Very fun game, which I actually put quite some time into.

- Aura Kingdom (only played a bit in the beta and after release, so can't give a real review)

I would like to try Guild Wars 2 at some point, but at the same time not really.

I played in the Elder Scrolls Online Beta. That game was shockingly bad in my honest opinion. I am able to see what people would like about it though

I play Phantasy Star Online 2, but the severs are really faulty for those who live outside Japan, since they got DDoSed a bit ago and the "measures" they took causes problems for some outside of Japan (some can connect, most can't I think). The game is F2P and there's a public proxy for the game that I use and play it all the time, love it so much :)

Guild Wars (Stopped atm)

Guild Wars 2 (Will start soon again)

Wartune (Kabam-113, Kabam-115)

wartune's f2p but has serious issues obviously with p2w and sucking time out (as is how f2p works anyways, change your schedule around it) but I'm playing it cause some concepts are interesting and you don't really NEED to pay honestly if you don't want to be competitive (although I do because.)  also because of my guild (part of which aren't cashers. I'm only a semi/moderate casher)

trying ddtank2 because it sounds hilarious (gunbound?)

tried league of angels and didn't like that it was based too much on a char (the angel) that you can't control very much anyhow

tried bladehunter, not too fond of it yet, but who knows~

never played WoW

Eve Online is the only MMO to interest me. You can't grind your way to success, new players are not powerful, it takes a long time to acquire power, it's more satisfying to be evil when the creators encourage it as a valid gameplay method etc etc etc

That thing is more like Space sim than an MMO. Also it's way waay waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy more complex than your average MMO. But it's fun, you just have to put years of dedication to it as a player. After that? Well you might accidentally went into history as one of the players that participate in the world's largest PvP battle ever recorded~

@rooke i have heard of it but never played it what is it like? also is it f2p if not how much does it cost.

It's like WoW subscription based. You can check the pricing here

I stopped playing dragon nest, it gets pretty boring after a while. Well, most mmos are like that, they get interesting for new players then it slowly, stop, being fun.
The main factor people stay in a single mmos is because their friend play as well, once their friends stops playing, everyone will stop playing.
The curse of all mmos.

World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor came out last week its getting high praise it seems like. I pre-ordered it but don't plan on playing it to much. I am looking at a game called Project D Online on steam thought which I will probably be picking up next time I get steam cash. 

Also Dungeon Fighter Online is being re-released next year and Maplestory 2 comes out.

Regarding Dragons Nest I was actually thinking about getting back into it. I used to love that game.

im currently playing 3 mmos off and on, onigiri, darkblood online, and recently champions free for all. though i may start playing terra again after the holidays are over since i have my game-pad set up now.( terra has horrible floating cam angles with out a game-pad to control the cam). im enjoying champions a lot the system is simple yet detailed and expansive enough to give you plenty of options for customizing the character and gear, quests are a lil grindy but i enjoy that so its not a problem for me, the flight for heros who have the power is responsive and controls well, there is dlc packs for extra options at character creation that are optional which is nice . and the ingame currency can be converted to the rl cash store currency so you can get the dlc items and perks just by grinding enough if you dont want to spend irl cash on imaginary gear.