Another Recommendation thread

torbin12

So, I was wondering, anyone who has played Canvas 2 would know this character archtype; but I am sure it is also probably pretty common in many VNs; the sickly heroine, she's not necessarily hospital/bed-ridden, it may be a fatal sickness, but its not lethal (For the purposes of this situation, Fatal=It could lead to serious situations such as death, causes fairly noticable changes in what activities the heroine can take part in, Lethal=It definitely will, no matter what) she may have frequent hospital stays, or she may skip class, work, activities, etc because of the *insert sickly-ness*. The heroine's personality itself doesn't necessarily matter, neither do the general theme and setting of the story, Sans Yaoi/Yuri/NTR (Sans=Excluding, for this instance, meaning Do not Include) If possible, the protagonist should be likable, cool, generally a good guy, whatever. I put myself into the shoes of the protagonist (I play VN's from a 'That is Me' perspective) and I don't like being a bad guy. Please no suggestions for G Senjou No Maou, or VN's with similar protagonists. I would look on VNDB, but the majority of VNs, as you all know, aren't translated, so I usually have to wade through dozens, if not hundreds of VN's before I find one that's even in English, and when I do find one, it's usually one of those poor, 10 minute originally English VNs. You know, if more English visual novel makers took some notes from 4Leaf (Katawa Shoujo) there might be a better audience in the English VN arena, I don't mean copy them or anything, but if they looked at how they did it, you know? Man, it's a ridiculous surprise that Katawa Shoujo came out of 4chan, lol, I mean, like seriously, 4chan...the leading producer of WTF since it's inception, lol....oh, I got off topic, sorry :(

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you for your time,

Torbin12

The obvious answer would be Nagisa from Clannad, but you've probably already read that. There is also a "heroine" like that in Utawarerumono, although I don't really recommend it. The story started out well in that game, but it fell apart really quickly later. I also can't remember the sickly heroine's name since she wasn't a major focus point.

Sorry, don't really know many VNs with that archetype. I think you'd have your greatest chance of success by checking out games by Key though, or talking to someone who has played many games by Key.

So, I was wondering, anyone who has played Canvas 2 would know this character archtype; but I am sure it is also probably pretty common in many VNs; the sickly heroine, she's not necessarily hospital/bed-ridden, it may be a fatal sickness, but its not lethal (For the purposes of this situation, Fatal=It could lead to serious situations such as death, causes fairly noticable changes in what activities the heroine can take part in, Lethal=It definitely will, no matter what) she may have frequent hospital stays, or she may skip class, work, activities, etc because of the *insert sickly-ness*. The heroine's personality itself doesn't necessarily matter, neither do the general theme and setting of the story, Sans Yaoi/Yuri/NTR (Sans=Excluding, for this instance, meaning Do not Include) If possible, the protagonist should be likable, cool, generally a good guy, whatever. I put myself into the shoes of the protagonist (I play VN's from a 'That is Me' perspective) and I don't like being a bad guy. Please no suggestions for G Senjou No Maou, or VN's with similar protagonists. I would look on VNDB, but the majority of VNs, as you all know, aren't translated, so I usually have to wade through dozens, if not hundreds of VN's before I find one that's even in English, and when I do find one, it's usually one of those poor, 10 minute originally English VNs. You know, if more English visual novel makers took some notes from 4Leaf (Katawa Shoujo) there might be a better audience in the English VN arena, I don't mean copy them or anything, but if they looked at how they did it, you know? Man, it's a ridiculous surprise that Katawa Shoujo came out of 4chan, lol, I mean, like seriously, 4chan...the leading producer of WTF since it's inception, lol....oh, I got off topic, sorry :(/>/>/>

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you for your time,

Torbin12

D.C. Da Capo I comes to mind. Excellent VN with a sickly character Nemu.

Oh and Kanon. Just be prepared for some serious emotion.

EDIT: Shortened the title of thread