Someone started to translate Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai

Revyateil

@jaysc - I sent CryingWestern the file, didn't know if you had done it yet.

I'm good with working with anyone on the project. I don't know how much time I have to work on it compared to others but I plan on devoting some time to it.

Please do your best i'll cheer you and please finish it i believe in you

god bless you

@jaysc - I sent CryingWestern the file, didn't know if you had done it yet.

I'm good with working with anyone on the project. I don't know how much time I have to work on it compared to others but I plan on devoting some time to it.

Alright! I've obatined the rest of the scripts (thank you, CryingWestern!). I will get started on it soon, but I'm in that "wonderful" phase of my life of trying to find a full-time job post college. So a lot of my time is being spent searching and going to interviews. In the near future I will have way more time to get it going full throttle, but that's not going to stop it from being started.

Obviously it would help to have more people, I'm going to try and get some friends to help out, but if anyone knows anybody who is willing to help out at any capacity, feel free to refer them to this thread or to me.

I was thinking of trying to host the scipts somewhere for anyone to pick up and start helping out when they can, but I don't know exactly how effective that is. It would certantly help in making the project more accessable to people who want to contribute.

However this might just be a two man effort between Jaysc and I, which is perfectly fine, but I know a lot of you want it done reasonably quickly, so I was just trying to come up with some ideas to make it done faster.

EDIT: I was also thinking of making a seperate thread for the continuation of the project to give more detail. Haven't come to a decsion about that yet.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/2/2017 at 12:43 AM, makina76 said:

Any news on when the final patch will be finished? its been a year since the translation was finished.

A few months ago they asked for QC testers on Reddit. That's the only thing I've heard from them in the last year.

20 hours ago, ShinRaikdou said:

https://libraryshepherd.tumblr.com/

69128/69128 (100%) lines translated
69128/69128 (100%) lines edited

Oct 31st, 2016

mc7YZtn.png

Well technically Yoake's narration was fully translated, although admittedly it need some editing and some image wasn't translated. Regardless, i think it's still sufficient enough if one want to play Yoake just at it is ie just want to know the story. Besides I think at least August was better because one of their VNs translated, unlike Saga Planet in which there's several attempts to translate their VNs and all of those attempts was failed (One of those attempts was started because of very shallow reason).

Anyway, in regard of this I hope that there's still some activities. Other than that, no much comment here.

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

Well technically Yoake's narration was fully translated, although admittedly it need some editing and some image wasn't translated. Regardless, i think it's still sufficient enough if one want to play Yoake just at it is ie just want to know the story.

I would say Yoake was ~85-95% finished. There too many unedited flaws that even I noticed.

About Saga Planet Vn's - I bet TL was started before fully reading them, and after did so they was discontinued. Unlike August games there quite a bit bad points in them that you want to forget(Hatsuyuki Sakura) or will regret about reading it(Hanasaki).

I really hope "Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai" come out in best quality, without leaks or anything. This is really a good vn, and one of my favorite, it deserve to be fully translated. Though I must say without "-Dreaming Sheep-" fandisc few routes there feels bland(side's and Tamamo), but overall it is a very pleasurable ride with warm feeling.

9 hours ago, ShinRaikdou said:

I really hope "Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai" come out in best quality, without leaks or anything. This is really a good vn, and one of my favorite, it deserve to be fully translated. Though I must say without "-Dreaming Sheep-" fandisc few routes there feels bland(side's and Tamamo), but overall it is a very pleasurable ride with warm feeling.

But I was looking forward to Tamamo's route the most! :(

1 hour ago, MFrost said:

But I was looking forward to Tamamo's route the most! :(

Nah, it is still one of the best route and girl. You will get what you need, but just one mentioned problem remains unsolved and with fandisc you'll get much better impression.

Little spoiler:

Spoiler

Dealing with strict father.

Also each girl except side's and Nagi has two endings with different storyline and confession, so it is really doesn't matter if you choose your own "true end".

Edited by ShinRaikdou

42 minutes ago, voidpointer said:

Is this thread the best place to get news/updates on this TL? If there is a risk of the project dying, I'd rather have the non-QA'd version of the TL than none at all...

Also, the partial patch available via VNDB: How complete is it? Is it just the prologue?

" It covers the Common (edited), Kana (edited), and Ureshino (unedited) normal routes. Shirasaki's route is translated as well (likely unedited)."

Also part of Maho route translated until H-scene.

So you can read Kana and Ureshino(even if it is unedited, I doesn't noticed any major mistakes).

Edited by ShinRaikdou

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 3:56 AM, nanbomba said:

Does someone knows if this translation is still alive, because a lot a time passed since last update, and it says 100%

At this point I tempted to say it was dead, because it's been almost two years. But perhaps the translator here just very busy so much that he can't deliver the patch, so hopefully someday he can be active again in the future. So more or less we can only guess that the project is stalled until further notice, or in case that some company made a deal in regard of Daitoshokan to be officially localized then perhaps blocked from the engine work would be the right word here.

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 weeks later...