Recruitment for High School DxD for 3ds [Wanted: second hacker and translators]

ILOVEPIE

Visual Novel:

3ds-highschool-dxd.jpg

Please post below if you are interested in helping.

Wanted:

• Translator(s)/Translation Check - must be able to proficiently translate from kanji hiragana and katakana must also have some experience with working in Shift-JIS encoding.
  • Someone with Mobiclip Tools for Nintendo CTR (if agreements allow for you to re-encode video for this project)
  • another hacker who has more experience with VN file formats, must be comfortable with potentially having to create new tools to extract/inject scripts and or text.
  • Decrypting/Extracting game files - 100%
  • Identify what files do what - somewhere between 20% and 50%
  • anything else - 0%
Currently known specs of the game:

Audio engine:
CRI ADX2 for 3DS

Cutscene format:
moflex (mobiclip video for nintendo CTR)

Texture format:
CTR Texture Format

Text encoding:
Shift-JIS

Known text-containing files:
/text/TextData.bin - UI messages (such as "do you want to overwrite this save?")
/data/event/tutorial.dat - self explanetory.

known filetypes:
.acf (Atom Config File)
.acb (Atom CueSheet Binary)
.ctx (CTR Texture)
.h (C/C++ header file)
.moflex (mobiflex video)
.shbin (compiled 3DS shader)

unknown filetypes:
.awb
.enc
.bin (Binary File, but what's the format)
.dat (Data, but what's the format)

File name acronyms:
RAS - files for/concerning/about Rias Gremory
ISI - files for/concerning/about Hyodo Issei (player)
ASA - files for/concerning/about Asia Argent
KNK - files for/concerning/about Toujou Koneko
AKN - files for/concerning/about Himejima Akeno
YUT - files for/concerning/about Kiba Yuto

Characters that don't seem to have acronyms:
Raynare
Donnaseige
Karawarner (if appears ingame)
Miltelt (if appears ingame)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I didn't see this post before I replied to the other thread in which you asked.

I could lend a hand if I had a script. That would be an enormous help. So far I haven't worked on any projects where I didn't have to play through to game first to find and screenshot as much text as I could (check my Twitter posts in my profile if you want to feel my pain).

• 1 month later...

There are some developer 3DS models, but you'll be paying out your arse if you wanted to get a hold of one, and even then it won't run unsigned or retail games, according to: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-development-hardware.327858/

Welp, I'll look at a text file, but with no debugging whatsoever, and no way to test if the game works, don't expect too much.

Yes, you'll need a piracy cart to play this if it's ever done and released, some of them also disable region lock.

It's called a flash cart and you can use a CFW if you don't have one.

Welp, I'll look at a text file, but with no debugging whatsoever, and no way to test if the game works, don't expect too much.

what do you mean by this?

what do you mean by this?

You want someone to look at extracting/inserting the scripts right? I said I'll take a look at one of those files. But like I said, with no debugging or even testing to see if a reinsertion works, it's not going to be easy. I'll need a file though, I can't decrypt the game myself.

There are some developer 3DS models, but you'll be paying out your arse if you wanted to get a hold of one, and even then it won't run unsigned or retail games, according to: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-development-hardware.327858/

Eh, that sucks. I have gateway and a 4.1 3ds, but without proper tools I'm not sure if that'll be worth the time, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

it's still alive but i can't edit the scripts until i get another hacker to go through the engine's assembly code with me so we can figure out the format. (doing dissassembly/reverse engineering on your own is hard)

ok, I'm glad to hear that

Good luck and thank you for the hard work

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...