Fuwanovel StarCraft Thread

zhurai

• 4 weeks later...

Terran

Widow Mine
Splash radius is now 1.75. There are no longer 50% or 25% damage zones.
Splash damage is now 40 (+40 Shields) for the full 1.75 splash radius.

Thor
Changed to prioritize their AA weapon over the AG weapon

Protoss
Mothership Core
Time Warp duration decreased from 30 to 10 seconds

WHATS THIS? A TERRAN BUFF?!?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mech is different and has variety of some sort. Bio is just marines and medivacs... with the occasional other unit mixed in. That is how I see things. Speaking of banes... 

I missed these. They were satisfying when the protoss doesn't realise you put banelings in there.

Mech is different and has variety of some sort. Bio is just marines and medivacs... with the occasional other unit mixed in. That is how I see things. Speaking of banes...

I missed these. They were satisfying when the protoss doesn't realise you put banelings in there.

hellbat+tank -> add viking + thors -> ravens (general)

hellbat+thor (vs zerg vs ling bling openings)

hellbat+tank+viking (thor if they have air control, skyterran transition) in tvt

mine+tank -> + viking (apparently this works vs protoss, see hto mario's videos o_o)

hellbat+tank works vs protoss but it becomes more of a gamble in the midgame cause you want thor+viking+mines vs skytoss and definitely want ghosts vs archons/immortals......... most people just spam immortals vs mech  -- but this works better if you go mine+tank

apparently mine tank is pretty strong but I still like hellion runby's/drops/etc, but I guess once I get to a certain mine count I can build some hellions to harass and stuff (outside of the main push)

that said against lower leagued protoss I did hellbat tank thor ghost raven vikings (mines mixed in because immortals, archons) lategame which was sorta funny, but the protosses I played against weren't good enough (and did really weird engagements... like running their tempests into my army and died to mines...)   so many hotkeys needed though in those engagements.

also innovation apparently won

only the best game in terms of multitask everywhere that innovation did was apparently the final game that I didn't get to see and is behind a paywall...

also I guess soO's the new Kong of SC2

I'm so sad I got into SC2 after they basically removed all the fun from the mothership. x.x

Bring Back the Arbiter 2015

technically if you want the msc+archon toilet again.... technically isn't that still in the WoL mode?

not that anyone probably plays in it... most likely but yeah

Oh that is true!

I'm not interested in the archon toilet necessarily, I just think the teleport and the vortex were really fun and dynamic moves. I can understand why they took them away from a strategy standpoint, it's just a bit sad

I thought it was the archon toilet, I didnt follow sc2 very closely in WoL. Basically it made protoss endgame too strong, right? Or was it that it promoted ultra long games because people wouldnt take engagements vs toss unless they were perfectly set up?

But why wouldn't they just resize the vortex or bring back stasis? The Mothership is the MOTHERSHIP. Well, it should be, but instead it's a wet towel that's only used against swarm host, and only when the toss is rolling in the excess time and money. So tragic...

IKR? Mothership has no reason to exist anymore, ffs. It can't even use Photon Overcharge; so, for most of the game, it's undeniably inferior to the core, which is supposed to be the less advanced version. (logic! where is it?)

They'd have to give it a new ability to give it a purpose again, and I doubt they've any interest in doing that. So if you want to have fun with the Mothership (or in general, IMHO), you should play WoL.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what to think. It is too early to make any judgments but I have a few thoughts anyway. The new terran units seem to have a unique niche and I'm interested to see how the herc will fit into a bio army with firebats and all. I'm skeptical about making banshees start off with cloak but they do need a buff in all honesty.

I am even more skeptical about making immortals lose their hardened shields. It kind of makes the immortal lose what made it unique. I am also not sure about how the new protoss unit will work. It sounds a lot like a different version of the widow mine with that protoss touch. The carrier change looks great. Now the interceptors don't miraculously blow up when the carrier dies. The nexus having 14 supply is something I am curious about. How it will be utilized and all.

Zerg... the lurker is back. :D It seems they changed the swarm host to compensate. The infestor got stronger, and the nydus changes are great. The ravager... wow. I actually really like how that unit works. Giving the corrupter that ability seems to move that niche a little.

Anyway, these are just my first impressions. Well, I just want to see how everything works out by the release. :P

EDIT: It also looks like games will start off much faster. Rushes=New meta confirmed. ;)

I'm not sure what to think. It is too early to make any judgments but I have a few thoughts anyway. The new terran units seem to have a unique niche and I'm interested to see how the herc will fit into a bio army with firebats and all. I'm skeptical about making banshees start off with cloak but they do need a buff in all honesty.

I am even more skeptical about making immortals lose their hardened shields. It kind of makes the immortal lose what made it unique. I am also not sure about how the new protoss unit will work. It sounds a lot like a different version of the widow mine with that protoss touch. The carrier change looks great. Now the interceptors don't miraculously blow up when the carrier dies. The nexus having 14 supply is something I am curious about. How it will be utilized and all.

Zerg... the lurker is back. :D It seems they changed the swarm host to compensate. The infestor got stronger, and the nydus changes are great. The ravager... wow. I actually really like how that unit works. Giving the corrupter that ability seems to move that niche a little.

Anyway, these are just my first impressions. Well, I just want to see how everything works out by the release. :P

I agree that losing the shields is good but I am more skeptical about the niche it has rather than the viability. Yeah, it really is too early to judge properly. Even with Hots, they changed a lot before it even went into beta so we shall see how it goes. I have a feeling cheeses would be more prominent for even a short period of time after release or during beta.

it won't be considered "cheese" anymore in the current sense, as you start with 12 workers now... and max saturation is 12. cheese is mainly cutting economy in order to do an early attack... mainly in the early game

that said it's interesting they are testing with 12 workers at the start, that way the game gets started quicker, but it lowers the strategic depth of building your army early on vs building on econ early on

that said 1 base would then be considered all-in/cheese if you don't expo kind of thing instead, as you'll probably want to expo quicker (as you're already max saturation)

however, if you start with 12 workers and immediately go into 4gate or 3rax for example, and the opponent goes into econ, it COULD mean that "one base all-ins" (which I guess at this point you can consider cheese) would become strong

but then again that'll "work" until the econ builds react to it and build in say for terran, a quick bunker, but then again these attacks might come early enough that it'll still bust... but as the max saturation is lower in sc2 lov - unsure if resource collection is the same - but if so, then that might gimp the one base builds in a way that if the 2 base builds survive their attack, the 1base build may run out of resources and have to expo (similarly to how it currently is in SC2 wol/hots, but possibly at an accelerated rate... as in games could end quicker if the cheese attack fails, but it becomes a coinflip in that respect)

that said there's way too many unknowns and someone good with math needs to do charts and so once the beta invites go out :P