Fuwanovel StarCraft Thread

zhurai

Oh God what did I start.

*shrug* at least it's breathing life in the sc2 topic other than spamming starcrafts videos

against workers kitting but against queen or marines if you 2 rax reaper you can pull back the one hurt reaper only a smidgimeter back and then come back and the normal league players don't usually retarget on the low hp ones. that way you can get queen or against marines straight up win.

2rax reaper. is really really bad in TvZ if you do 12/12 reaper into 14-16 rax, because by the time you get 3-5 reapers (when you can actually start killing queens btw by microing back reapers positional wise, vs trying to micro your heart out by kiting everything), zerg gets speed around then if they go standard hatch-gas-pool (like zergs basically do anyways vs reaper openings)... but ok

if it's 8/8/8/8 or 8/8/8/9 or whatever reaper all-in, then they won't have queens out anyways

- vs lings you need to do that too

- in TvT, this state is compounded based on which build your opponent is doing. generally gasless/cc first you'll autowin with any reaper build

if you go 2rax reaper against say a gas opening, you're the one going to be in a world

or you're supposed to damage the marines and run away in the first place and basically kill their first marine so you can actually snowball and win, but it's not really good vs any other gas unit in TvT, so it's bad (2-3 marines -> mine drop kills this... unless you're byun and you skip the first reaper to do 2rax (1reactor) x3 reaper production and be fucking badass, but... ok w/e

guess I'm not a normal league player, I'll retarget to the lower hp ones. only I play mainly TvZ atm, and targetfiring lings is a waste of your apm.

well that is positioning but not positioning micro as you always have only one unit selected and that's your hero. but well it can be called micro too I guess. all these new terms don't have given definition so people just use to say slightly different things with them and that's probably what we are now discussing xD Its the same like some people see loli in any pettanko high schooler where for others loli is usually middle schooler or younger xD

*shrug* or maybe because I'm so much more involved in it that I can differentiate it

also you would do a loli reference... XDDD

I wouldn't say its inefficient at all, as long as you save the medivacs (and again it brings us to the fact that gold/plat people don't target medivacs) you save the most expensive units and trading mineral units for workers is usually good. even if you just burn 20 workers escaping on the ramp for trade of 4 hellbats its very worth it imo. And you burn some zerglings with it too usually. And when the boost from the line medivac is ready you can boost to the second base and burn some more .

I used to go on start of hots against zerg 2 medivac helbat drop with expand and it worked very well, when I returned with the 2 medivacs I often had another 4 and went for 6 medivac hellbat doomdrop and finished it xD But once again it is tactics for gold/plat (thats where most peopel are), im not talking about pro level and how it would work there.

start of hots you'll have 1 medivac with 4 hellbats.

as for what you're saying, there is a 1 base TvT build that goes straight for hellbat drops

@"I wouldn't say its inefficient at all, as long as you save the medivacs":

well by that logic attacking from one angle without doing 1-2 drops at the same time can be argued that it's not "inefficient", but it's better as you can see from any TvZ ever...since WoL.

so yes it's true that it's not "inefficient", but I'm saying "it's not smart to, because spreading your damage is _better_ in this game"

also it's much more cost effective for terran because terran is better at lower supply vs lower supply situations.

but what would you hotkey it on, I tried using function keys but it was too far away for me and numbers I had reserved for items. So in the end the tabbing worked best for me.

Function keys in sc2 are location hotkeys. I should learn to use them huh.

*shrug* I'd leave that to the dota2 topic as I don't play dota2.

and last thing is that everything works differently on a pro level so if you are training on the pro level and want badly to go up a league, then you will need to learn to play differently etc. But for me in both dota and sc2 I was never a pro and never wanted to be one, I am happy playing against my gold/plat opponents and winning half of the times so I wouldn't really want to get to diamond or higher to get my ass kicked. Same with dota, it has good mmr searhing so in dota 2 I was just trying to have W:L above 50% and I had like 55% not even caring what league I am in.

For me its the fun from the game that makes me play, win is also a good bonus to it. But I am already out of the stage where I wanted to be the very best in all the games I played . last it was wow where I had to have all the realm firsts and always was stalking wowprogress for how are we doing in the world ranking etc - but now I just play for the fun xD And I found out many people do, even in sc2 ladder, always had good chats with people in gold during long games, loved those the most where it got to BCs etc xD

But yeah I like progamers and respect them, thats why I love watching tournaments xD But I accepted that I will never will be that good (nor do I want) so I can enjoy it even more :)/>/>/>/>

main difference between all the leagues from bronze-masters: Better Macro.

things that separate pros from masters: More refined builds

things that separate pros from other pros: Micro+Metagaming.

sure but not everything doesn't work on the pro level.

- Timings are faster/more crisp/pushes come quicker (gold/plat 11 minute medivacs in TvP from gasless, dia/masters: 10 minutes, progamers: I think I've seen 9 minutes)

- people have more units (Macro)

Hmm... sure you can go and say that you aren't a pro/aren't trying to go pro, but you shouldn't use the theories you gained/ways you do things from your games and then say that it works for everybody/etc

I'm actually the type to absorb information,strategies,theories,builds from top players (hi I'm in FXO. I absorb info) so *Shrug* just so happens that I absorb so much that I have a tendency to throw random builds at people, and then have bad macro

Hehe yeah I wouldn't recommend any of my builds to masters xD When I recommend build to the masters friend I mentioned earlier it is usually something I saw on GSL or a stream. And he did pretty well with the tempest storm cannon HERO DEFENSE against zerg xD

But since here most people are usually bronze to plat it works very well there.

The thing you need to count in for lover level tactics is also the number of actions required. Sure pros can manage picking up hurt hellbats while dropping on the natural too and microing both sides but for lover levels if you can just click drop 1 in line and drop 1 on ramp and still build SCVs and units at home, it is a success xD

Dodging banshee shots by picking things into medivac is completely different level and even though lesser skilled players can learn it too, all of their focus would go to that and then they wouldn't have any macro ohmy.gif

What is also very good is before attacking front having a medivac on auto drop (just shift to corner and then drop to line), the person will try to take care of the drop and don't notice huge stimmed ball incoming xD

So yeah I don't try to encourage bad play like playing wrong builds, but having the right builds but altered so they work better on the lover ladders. Lot of the times when I wanted to go normal bio agasint P I proxied the factory and sent one widow mine into mineral line of opponent. This wouldn't work that well on pro level and you would not have factory building reactor for starport or whatever but on gold level you always get few probes for free.

edit: the same way I encourage storm on lover ranks, you don't need much to do, just click the spell and target the ball and things die as people don't run or avoid it most of the times. when I play T against P with storm I always fail at EMPing or dodging storms so I know how hard it is xD

Wow, I finally got out of platinum league for the first time in like 2-3 years! And I'm still bad!

And if anyone's wondering, it's not that I hit a wall in improving my skills either... I just don't play enough.

2UhAZkN.png

Grats ^^ please carry im unranked still :(/>/>

I haven't even played the 1v1 ladder except for the placement l0l

Finished making my TvP build and TvZ build page look nice... >__>'

... need to finish TvT

I finish school next thursday :D/>

I'll also be buying HoTS! I suck bad since my top placement is in gold...but can I still add you guys to practice? xD

lol ok

I played 3 games on stream last night, won twice, got back into plat (EZ), and then lost cause I overextended vs roach hydra *shrug*

wait ryouuuuu, what race do you play?

Yeah. In TvT, the widow mine is really annoying. It's so OP that Terran always wins.

Honestly, I don't find it that difficult to micro one marine into it or anything... You just have to be good at micro. And generally I don't really build widow mines so I wouldn't know how good they are.

(;_;)

Is the Widow Mine that annoying in HoTS?

Hmmm... well I don't see people using widowmines atm

more people are complaining about hellbats anyways

widow mine probably annoying for zerg cause they'll have to make overseers

protoss... only annoying until observers are out, so 1/1/1 mine drop is good but I find it delays stim too much (15 gas reactor marine expo into 1/1/1 mine drop into standard)

TvT widow mine only good in early game offensively, but mid-lategame tanks are way better (also in mech. you want hellbat+tank, not mine+tank)

Yeah. In TvT, the widow mine is really annoying. It's so OP that Terran always wins.

Honestly, I don't find it that difficult to micro one marine into it or anything... You just have to be good at micro. And generally I don't really build widow mines so I wouldn't know how good they are.

drones so op that zergs win ZvZ 100% of the time!!

uh, it's ok for me idk

Hellbats are more hilarious, I could do mine drops on you if you really want though... oO (get on yo~)

I'd like to reiterate for everyone (ryouuuuu, etc)

that we have a Fuwanovel group on SC2. go to the groups/clans tab, search for Fuwanovel and join it. ok? thanks

The balance patch went into effect now: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/9693907/Heart_of_the_Swarm_Balance_Update_%E2%80%93_May_13_2013-5_13_2013

basically spore crawlers get +30 vs bio instead of +15

(so basically it'll do 45 damage each attack to biological flying units instead of 30 damage)

(yeah it's basically just to modify the ZvZ matchup)

also related from certain skype convos: http://i.imgur.com/TSHfZwF.png

@Secchan: you'll still get dia soon *shrug* zzz. if you were losing to them then that's one thing, but you're still smashing them lololol

EDIT: lol he's back into plat

The road to masters is long and hard ;_;

Just gotta get some quality practice and watch your replays carefully. That is, if you know how to watch your replays for mistakes.

For me... Clearly I can improve pretty quickly if I played more considering my promotions. Oh well, I've got a good summer to get good before college hehe

Just gotta get some quality practice and watch your replays carefully. That is, if you know how to watch your replays for mistakes.

For me... Clearly I can improve pretty quickly if I played more considering my promotions. Oh well, I've got a good summer to get good before college hehe

Still at the point where i can tell what i'm doing wrong as im playing, replays help yeah. It's ok i'll get there soon :P/>

I don't want to do low master -> high master climb though lol