Fuwanovel StarCraft Thread

zhurai

• 2 weeks later...

Also reminder, today is the ultimate battle of GSL ro16 group B - BATMAN GROUP (not the solid batman we know, not even liquid batman as liquid Taeja played 2 days ago) - but the real BATMEN!

http://www.gomtv.net/schedule/index.gom?year=2013&month=5&date=2&leagueid=0

Parting

Life

INnoVation

Flash

Any of the 5 matches today could easily be finals of GSL, any of them will probably even be better than finals of any current foreign tournament.

So don't forget to tune in at 18KST(same as JST) for free HD stream.

Also my prediction: Flash 1st place, Life 2nd place.

Life 2 : 1 Parting

INnoVation 1 : 2 Flash

Flash 2 : 1 Life

Parting 1 : 2 INnoVation

Life 2 : 1 INnoVation

I expect no 2 : 0, more like its my wish so I can see more games but still, it should be very close xD

Also reminder, today is the ultimate battle of GSL ro16 group B - BATMAN GROUP (not the solid batman we know, not even liquid batman as liquid Taeja played 2 days ago) - but the real BATMEN!

http://www.gomtv.net/schedule/index.gom?year=2013&month=5&date=2&leagueid=0

Parting

Life

INnoVation

Flash

Any of the 5 matches today could easily be finals of GSL, any of them will probably even be better than finals of any current foreign tournament.

So don't forget to tune in at 18KST(same as JST) for free HD stream.

Also my prediction: Flash 1st place, Life 2nd place.

Life 2 : 1 Parting

INnoVation 1 : 2 Flash

Flash 2 : 1 Life

Parting 1 : 2 INnoVation

Life 2 : 1 INnoVation

I expect no 2 : 0, more like its my wish so I can see more games but still, it should be very close xD

Oh hey it's the freaking group of death.

(Go terran)

I should note that Parting's PvZ iirc was pretty strong, especially since Wonwonwon/soul train is stronger in hots than wol too.

I should note that Parting's PvZ iirc was pretty strong, especially since Wonwonwon/soul train is stronger in hots than wol too.

well Im looking forward to it, if he prepared some Parting Immortal All-in 2.0 that cannot be stopped, it will be interesting :)

I had woken up at 4:30 AM and watched until the last two sets since school had started. I predicted the two that didn't make it past the group or death to make it, so it was pretty surprising when I looked up the results later.

On another note:

oESu7Xj.png

(Blue is diamond, Green is platinum, Yellow/Gold)

I find this MMR ride to be unsettling. But I'm back in platinum at least.

@WCS KR/GSL Group B (Group of death)

someone uploaded it all to youtube

Playlist link

it will get deleted soon probably, I always download vods here: http://rarbg.com/torrents.php?search=GSL+2013+starcraft&category=0

careful, the torrents with the green_arrow.png image are FAKE, adverts only :)

but the rest normally works

(also the download_direct2.png) button is also FAKE! xD

just click on the torrent name to download :)

K guys, off topic but any micro tips.

I need it for Chen/Enchantress :3

micro in sc2 is different than dota/lol/hon/dota2

on that note, I guess you can put everything on a different hotkey and then cycle through them (similar to sc2 macro cycles) or something, but *shrug*

in dota you just have all selection and tab between and just remember the order.

Id say good combo is troll troll centaur - you just right click with the whole group, net with trolls and then the centaur runs in and stuns

and for the remaining creeps its good to use some boosters like the cat with attack speed aura etc.

micro in sc2 is mostly about the position I would say so clicking the units individually like pulling back weak units like colossus with low hp, is I would say the best way. Or when having more reapers putting the weak ones in the back to get regen on.

in dota you just have all selection and tab between and just remember the order.

Id say good combo is troll troll centaur - you just right click with the whole group, net with trolls and then the centaur runs in and stuns

and for the remaining creeps its good to use some boosters like the cat with attack speed aura etc.

idk why you're asking in this topic anyways. *shrug*

micro in sc2 is mostly about the position I would say so clicking the units individually like pulling back weak units like colossus with low hp, is I would say the best way. Or when having more reapers putting the weak ones in the back to get regen on.

partially. actually it depends also which phase, and some aren't actually "positional". also btw, pulling back low hp units isn't called positioning, that's just microing weak units away. positioning is different.

except:

- TvZ reapers, multitasking 1-4 drops while doing a frontal push (and actually stutterstepping them. yes FXOGumiho does this lul), raven+bc. mines are positional however. mech in general though (non thor/hellion based), hellbat drops are actually slightly micro intensive (if you actually want to bother chasing, and requires you to fly in normally, and then boost after)

- TvT early game is a lot about micro (marine/hellion drop, hellbat drop, banshees. especially banshees though, mine drop (positional however, but micro too)), but once tanks hit the field, then it becomes positional. mech positional (hellbat/tank/viking/medivac) with the main micro would be to keep the other player on their toes with hellbat dropping.

- TvP early game micro of marine vs stalker, marauder vs stalker. @charge: kiting. @storm: splitting (you can argue this is positional, bu tnot really) or ghosts (snipe vs feedback vs emp vs storm interaction), vikings would be more of positional to try to scare away collosi, but blink stalkers/ht(storm) to scare away the vikings.

- ZvZ ling bling phase, roach/hydra/infestor more positional, muta more micro dependent (lings under the mutas, macro bigger muta army, zzzz)

- ZvT ling bling vs 4m, muta micro, roach hydra has more positional implications. ling bling vs 4m however once 4m has an established mine field would have to actually utlize positioning or they die (as in flanking/etc)

- PvP yes this is more like pulling weaker units back (or rather, blinking them in the case of blink stalkers)

- PvT force fields, more positional. ht/ghost interaction, viking/ht interaction, viking/collosi interaction

- PvZ/ZvP: I don't know this matchup at all in hots

I'm not including bw in this, which has quite a bit of micro... QUITE a lot

well what I meant is the relative position towards the army of the opponent which pulling back I think counts as too - you move back relative to the units that try to kill your units - you move reapers back so they are out of range of enemy units depending in the relative position ohmy.gif

or you move it so it is colossi - stalkers - vikings = therefore the stalkers shoot vikings that try to go after the colossi. Pulling colossus just back behind Zoltans (whats how we call zaelots xD) wouldn't work.

But yeah I agree its different kind of position than for example when hellbat dropping, having one medivac in the line and one waiting to be boosted on ramp where the workers will usually go (that worked for me very well as gold/plat people usually only click on mineral patch on natural with all the workers in and then try to get some attack units to counter the main drop).

the thing was that it is very different from the micro on Chen in dota where its more about tabbing between the units and casting the right hotkeys oh the specific creeps, casting net first, then casting stun. Maybe only if you controlled all 5 heroes at once so waiting with ES to block a way or something so positioning behind the enemy - but that's not the part of micro dota has because you don't micro it, you expect your team to just do it and focus on your one hero.

And why I answered is because Snowpouk asked (even said it is off topic but well, answer was had ohmy.gif )

well what I meant is the relative position towards the army of the opponent which pulling back I think counts as too - you move back relative to the units that try to kill your units - you move reapers back so they are out of range of enemy units depending in the relative position

yes and no. also reapers are actually a really bad example (they actually suck in 99% of situations, except for either 1) scouting or 2) pressure vs zerg, where you're kiting, not doing what you said)

or you move it so it is colossi - stalkers - vikings = therefore the stalkers shoot vikings that try to go after the colossi. Pulling colossus just back behind Zoltans (whats how we call zaelots xD) wouldn't work.

then by logic, dota2/moba games are just positioning, as you're pulling yourself back when/if you're lower level/hp, and utlizing your ranged spells to control your opponent's behavior

also pure chargelot collosi sucks.

But yeah I agree its different kind of position than for example when hellbat dropping, having one medivac in the line and one waiting to be boosted on ramp where the workers will usually go (that worked for me very well as gold/plat people usually only click on mineral patch on natural with all the workers in and then try to get some attack units to counter the main drop).

having 2 medivacs of hellbats to kill one base's workers is horribly inefficient. just pick up the hellbats and boost towards the running away workers.

the thing was that it is very different from the micro on Chen in dota where its more about tabbing between the units and casting the right hotkeys oh the specific creeps, casting net first, then casting stun. Maybe only if you controlled all 5 heroes at once so waiting with ES to block a way or something so positioning behind the enemy - but that's not the part of micro dota has because you don't micro it, you expect your team to just do it and focus on your one hero.

idk in HoN (Olivia) I could hotkey each unit, and that's better than using tab.

and yes I think doing 4 cc 5rax 6fact 7starport is better than putting them all on one hotkey. also it's horrible to do that with army in TvP unless you want to die really quickly once you get ghosts out.

(that's why I say that SC2 mechanics don't apply to Dota2/dota/HoN/lol, so that's why it doesn't really fit in this topic. but oh well *shrug*)

...*shrug* w/e

Oh God what did I start.

For real help. Just bind each minior with ctrl + 1 ( i think thats default) ctrl + 2 etc.

Or if you want just click on the minions ( not suggested its better if you get used to hotkeying, even i still use this method out of habit)

You can start easier with trolls to net instead of centaurs for stuns ( more micro to move them closer etc)

bottom line would to play and practice more >>

yes and no. also reapers are actually a really bad example (they actually suck in 99% of situations, except for either 1) scouting or 2) pressure vs zerg, where you're kiting, not doing what you said)

against workers kitting but against queen or marines if you 2 rax reaper you can pull back the one hurt reaper only a smidgimeter back and then come back and the normal league players don't usually retarget on the low hp ones. that way you can get queen or against marines straight up win.

then by logic, dota2/moba games are just positioning, as you're pulling yourself back when/if you're lower level/hp, and utlizing your ranged spells to control your opponent's behavior

also pure chargelot collosi sucks.

well that is positioning but not positioning micro as you always have only one unit selected and that's your hero. but well it can be called micro too I guess. all these new terms don't have given definition so people just use to say slightly different things with them and that's probably what we are now discussing xD Its the same like some people see loli in any pettanko high schooler where for others loli is usually middle schooler or younger xD

having 2 medivacs of hellbats to kill one base's workers is horribly inefficient. just pick up the hellbats and boost towards the running away workers.

I wouldn't say its inefficient at all, as long as you save the medivacs (and again it brings us to the fact that gold/plat people don't target medivacs) you save the most expensive units and trading mineral units for workers is usually good. even if you just burn 20 workers escaping on the ramp for trade of 4 hellbats its very worth it imo. And you burn some zerglings with it too usually. And when the boost from the line medivac is ready you can boost to the second base and burn some more .

I used to go on start of hots against zerg 2 medivac helbat drop with expand and it worked very well, when I returned with the 2 medivacs I often had another 4 and went for 6 medivac hellbat doomdrop and finished it xD But once again it is tactics for gold/plat (thats where most peopel are), im not talking about pro level and how it would work there.

idk in HoN (Olivia) I could hotkey each unit, and that's better than using tab.

but what would you hotkey it on, I tried using function keys but it was too far away for me and numbers I had reserved for items. So in the end the tabbing worked best for me.

and last thing is that everything works differently on a pro level so if you are training on the pro level and want badly to go up a league, then you will need to learn to play differently etc. But for me in both dota and sc2 I was never a pro and never wanted to be one, I am happy playing against my gold/plat opponents and winning half of the times so I wouldn't really want to get to diamond or higher to get my ass kicked. Same with dota, it has good mmr searhing so in dota 2 I was just trying to have W:L above 50% and I had like 55% not even caring what league I am in.

For me its the fun from the game that makes me play, win is also a good bonus to it. But I am already out of the stage where I wanted to be the very best in all the games I played . last it was wow where I had to have all the realm firsts and always was stalking wowprogress for how are we doing in the world ranking etc - but now I just play for the fun xD And I found out many people do, even in sc2 ladder, always had good chats with people in gold during long games, loved those the most where it got to BCs etc xD

But yeah I like progamers and respect them, thats why I love watching tournaments xD But I accepted that I will never will be that good (nor do I want) so I can enjoy it even more :)