Nursery Rhyme Translation Project

Chifuyu-chan

sample-b037f0f12f14afd0b51091d885132bb4.

Description

While his parents are away working overseas our hero takes this opportunity to visit his childhood friend (and her twin-sister). They live with their mother and are located pretty close to the high school he and the twins go to. So, seeing that he'd be living alone otherwise, they decide to have him live with them in the meantime.

There's also a prestigious all-female school nearby; this being the case, several students/teachers live in the same neighborhood as the hero's childhood friend; thus the rarely seen male presence begins a bit of an uproar as awkward, hormone-charged interactions begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress

Translation: 32977/32977 

Translation Check - 32977/32977
Editing: 32977/32977
Image editing: 100%

Hacking: 100%

Who's working on this at the moment?

Translation: Chifuyu-chan

Editing: Mimosa

Hacking: anonymous

Project Website

Big thanks to everyone who helped us along the way! Scripts are now 100% edited and currently being inserted into the game. 
Please do buy the game if possible! It has been a long road due to time constraints and real life hurdles, but it has finally been completed. Don’t get your hopes up though, since I am the only person inserting the scripts manually as my editor (@mimosa) finally left after doing an exceptional job. Still, it may take a while for me to release it because of a stubborn personal reason. This would be my first and last visual novel project and I want it to be near perfect, free of bugs and errors, because I would never look back on this project again and that may leave you guys hanging. With that said, me and some testers I choose on discord will play the game thoroughly so that we would be free of those things. I cannot promise any dates since I only do this in my free time because of my work, but rest assured that it will be finished and we’ll have Kururu ease our hearts. 

Edited by Chifuyu-chan
update

First of all, I think that should be pity, not piety.

Anyway, glad to see that you're actually reviving the project! I'm glad that you are, since a lot of us were probably looking forward to that project being finished in the past! I know that it's going to be a rough journey for you guys, but I do hope from the bottom of my heart that you do not falter in the midst of your journey!

Goodluck, and may Bishamonten bless your will to fight the translators' curse!

First of all, I think that should be pity, not piety.

Anyway, glad to see that you're actually reviving the project! I'm glad that you are, since a lot of us were probably looking forward to that project being finished in the past! I know that it's going to be a rough journey for you guys, but I do hope from the bottom of my heart that you do not falter in the midst of your journey!

Goodluck, and may Bishamonten bless your will to fight the translators' curse!

Wow a random letter e just spawned there, I didn't notice at all. Thank you! Anyways, it will be a rough journey for sure considering the game has 30,000+ lines and there's that problem about hacking as well.

This format is really weird. :| I can dump the actual _bp files, but I can't really figure out how the actual script files are read. The only interaction with the scripts that I can find, come from generic calls from scrmain and scrdrv. I'm not sure how it's able to actually read and process the scripts properly when all it does really is load values. Dumping/reinserting nothing but the strings shouldn't be much if a problem if you just fudge it (there may be a few rare cases of problems though), but that removes all possibility of things like adding a new string when you need more space. Difficult one here.

This format is really weird. :| I can dump the actual _bp files, but I can't really figure out how the actual script files are read. The only interaction with the scripts that I can find, come from generic calls from scrmain and scrdrv. I'm not sure how it's able to actually read and process the scripts properly when all it does really is load values. Dumping/reinserting nothing but the strings shouldn't be much if a problem if you just fudge it (there may be a few rare cases of problems though), but that removes all possibility of things like adding a new string when you need more space. Difficult one here.

That's what I was doing, but for the _bp files. The game only reads the scripts that I could find, as specific values from the 0x8 load opcode from the _bp scripts (from the call at 0043DD6E), and then basically does absolutely nothing with them. It runs an AND on the value it loads, and that seems to be it.

Where are you looking to see it load the opcodes?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a community spotlight for your translation project. Thanks so much for continuing all of the hard work, and best of luck in completing the translation!

Woooaah! Thank you very much! we're very much obliged. We are actually planning to release a partial patch of the prologue at a later date, I'll let you know in advance. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Progress updated. Things are slow but we'll eventually get to it. If anyone's curious about translation speed, well I don't have a clue too. I miraculously translated 300+ lines this week (Yes, I know that was slow) so I guess that sums it up. We're planning for a partial patch that covers the trial version of the game.

And give me more lolis!

Thank you for you work!

I offer a loli in compensation.

Heh. You thought it was a loli?

NOPE. IT'S SHIZUNE!

omoJKZR.jpgBOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

ljHpLpB.jpgHere you go.

Damn it Shizune!

I realize that you're not currently looking for one, but if you need someone to edit images at some point I'd be glad to help.

I'll make sure to message you when that time comes. We haven't been able to extract the images yet but that will come at a later date. Probably sooner after the tools have been dealt with..

Update:

String counts from binaryfail

-33014 lines of text

-359 scene title names

-235 menu choices