Dragon age inquisition

Homaru

I don't do that as I don't really believe in good & evil, I simply create my character and his personality in my mind based on what I know about him from beginning and the life he led till that point  and make, I then put my self in his positions (I become him) and make choices based on that. Other times I create my self as a character and choose what I would chose and there are some other methods that I do to.  And my main char becomes the one I liked the most, the one that I menage to connect to the most and the one that I think best fits the story.

And just so you know there is  third option in elves VS werewolf witch is to kill leader of both of them and undo the curse. But lady of the forest still dies so I didn't like that, plus it usually doesn't fit with my character at all. But in your case as you want a "good" character for your main story that might be a choice you want to make.

Well, more what I meant.. not literally evil/good, but I create two opposite characters (one I can relate to more, which I'd count as my main.. and one who would make totally different choices, the ones I couldn't make easily).  That way it's fun to see the story from two totally different perspectives/paths.

Example: One character I personally consider good... he tends/tries to make choices that help others because he's kind to everyone and cares.. might even self-sacrifice if it fits his values.. kinder personality.  The other, a more aggressive personality, more selfish, willing to put their own interests above others if wanted to, because he is not bound by morality as much.. maybe all he cares about is acquiring power by any means necessary.  

I do think some choices seem more evil/good than others (such as selfish vs. selfless acts).    I probably did make that third choice if it felt right for the character I was playing... like I said xD I can't really remember, just bits & pieces.

Ever played Fable?  There was a choice where you could choose to save your sister, or you could choose to Kill her for no other real reason, but just to obtain a powerful sword...  Are you going to tell me both choices are equal, and neither good nor evil?

So what race/class are you going with for your first playthrough?

I know I'll play a  mage but I haven't yet decided on the race. I'll go with either an Elf or a Qunari Inquisitor, but I'm not sure which yet. Leaning a bit more towards Qunari since we've never been able to play them before but playing a Dalish Mage also seems cool.

I'm thinking of making a Human Male Warrior as my main... and an Elven Female Mage (blood magic if I can) for my secondary. But I might change my mind ^^;   I'm probably going to just play the 3rd game fresh without transferring any data over (if they had that option).

I'm definitely interested in getting this game though there are a couple things holding me back:

1) Dragon Age 2, still need to play it and while I'm aware of what the keep can do I'd rather experience the second game's story for myself.

2) I don't have a next gen console and my laptop can only run Skyrim for an hour at most before crashing so PC's a no go. Yes I know it's out for PS3 and 360, but seeing as those versions don't seem to be getting any coverage I'd like to see they even work day one in light of  issues early payers are running into on the next gen versions.

I'm definitely interested in getting this game though there are a couple things holding me back:

1) Dragon Age 2, still need to play it and while I'm aware of what the keep can do I'd rather experience the second game's story for myself.

2) I don't have a next gen console and my laptop can only run Skyrim for an hour at most before crashing so PC's a no go. Yes I know it's out for PS3 and 360, but seeing as those versions don't seem to be getting any coverage I'd like to see they even work day one in light of  issues early payers are running into on the next gen versions.

Skyrim's crashing is caused by a memory leak issue, it doesn't mean your pc is bad. What is important is that the graphics quality your pc can support

So is anyone getting the Deluxe Edition?  I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra $10 just for DLC items..  

The only thing that sounds nice, might be the mounts.. but if you can get other mounts in game anyways, then I'd rather just buy normal edition.

yeah, that's why I don't think it's worth the extra $10.. in game items will eventually get replaced for better ones further in the story probably. I rather use that extra money on something else xD, so I think I'll be passing on it.

If it was extra art book or something physical, I might have considered it.

I don't think it'll work out like that. Check the crafting system in the game. They'll probably give you some decent low level items with unique styles. You'll have to upgrade them as you progress. I've bought Deluxe Edition. 

So, I've been in the complete dark regarding this game. I haven't seen any screenshots, read next to nothing about it, and haven't seen any gameplay videos. I'm really excited to actually be going into a game blind, particularly one that I have some cautious excitement about. I'm feeling myself getting more hyped as the 18th approaches, it might end up with me putting off playing the new Pokemon.

I haven't watched any gameplay videos or read anything about the story yet either, so hopefully it'll be a nice surprise^^  except I did look at the character chart a bit, so that's all I know.  I'm really excited about this game coming out too.. but I don't think I'll be able to get it on day1 release ; ;  .. I still haven't finished TtT2 yet either.. so I'm going to try and finish that first or else I might get sucked into DA:I and forget to complete it xD.

i'm not hyped at all for it.  In fact, i no longer get hyped for any games tbh.  The only game i'm currently hype for is witcher 3.

Bioware in the past just took massive steaming dumps on top of my expectations, so i don't hold any in the hopes that i'll get at least some enjoyment out of them.  

Bioware in the past just took massive steaming dumps on top of my expectations, so i don't hold any in the hopes that i'll get at least some enjoyment out of them.  

The only Bioware game I've found myself thoroughly disappointed over was Dragon Age 2 personally. With the exception of the ending, I thought Mass Effect 3 was a good game. It hit on all the right things for a 3rd entry in a trilogy. The multiplayer was also unexpectedly fun.

The ending to KOTOR II was a bit disappointing as well, but it was more fun to play than the original overall I think.

i'm not hyped at all for it.  In fact, i no longer get hyped for any games tbh.  The only game i'm currently hype for is witcher 3.

I have watched and read many reviews of DA:I, and what i have noticed is that the reviewers are giving the game really positive scores.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2ly5x7/dragon_age_inquisition_review_thread/

The only Bioware game I've found myself thoroughly disappointed over was Dragon Age 2 personally. With the exception of the ending, I thought Mass Effect 3 was a good game. It hit on all the right things for a 3rd entry in a trilogy. The multiplayer was also unexpectedly fun.

The ending to KOTOR II was a bit disappointing as well, but it was more fun to play than the original overall I think.

This, if we ignore ME3 ending problems it's an amazing game, and while I agree that DA:II was a disappointment compered to it's prequels and other Bioware games it's still among the top of western games. For me Bioware is by far the best company that develops games in the west.

This, if we ignore ME3 ending problems it's an amazing game

Agreed, Mass Effect 3 was amazing except for the last hour. I love the game even if I never finished it (and never will, but endings are overrated :P)

Dragon Age 2 is the only post-BG game which was disappointing to me. Well... Sonic too I suppose.

Agreed, Mass Effect 3 was amazing except for the last hour. I love the game even if I never finished it (and never will, but endings are overrated :P)

This is no exaggeration. The stuff on Tuchanka alone with Mordin and the genophage is enough to make it my favorite of the three games.

Then there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RNkz4Nr-2g

The game simply had a lot of emotional impact.

Garrus was such a freakin' awesome character from start to finish xD. It's a shame that more games don't have characters that players could get attached to like in Mass Effect.

~~~
I think the Dragon Age equivalent of Garrus would be Alistair for DA:O and Varric for DA: II. Though neither will ever compare to the level of Garrus's badassery & brotasticness xD

Bioware should have learned their lesson from ME3's ending so they shouldn't repeat it for DA: Inquisition's ending. Unless they decide to be stubborn and remain faithful to their writer's "artistic vision" (aka A-B-C colorful explosions

Garrus was such a freakin' awesome character from start to finish xD. It's a shame that more games don't have characters that players could get attached to like in Mass Effect.

~~~

I think the Dragon Age equivalent of Garrus would be Alistair for DA:O and Varric for DA: II. Though neither will ever compare to the level of Garrus's badassery & brotasticness xD

Bioware should have learned their lesson from ME3's ending so they shouldn't repeat it for DA: Inquisition's ending. Unless they decide to be stubborn and remain faithful to their writer's "artistic vision" (aka A-B-C colorful explosions

This is exactly why for me Bioware is so far above other west game developing companies,  great characters with who you can interact with and come to care for, amazing deep stories, lot of choices.... it's not so uncommon for JRPGs to have those but when it comes to western games very few even try to go for it and other then Bioware's games none succeeded in it.

As for ending, well to beginning with a different team is working on DA:I from the one that made ME 3, and they already told that there will be 40 different endings from witch 5-6 will be completely different from witch each will have 6-8 different versions with some bigger differences  plus many variations of smaller changes. So at very least we won't have blue,green,red problem.