Dragon age inquisition

Homaru

This, if we ignore ME3 ending problems it's an amazing game, and while I agree that DA:II was a disappointment compered to it's prequels and other Bioware games it's still among the top of western games. For me Bioware is by far the best company that develops games in the west.

i didn't like the gameplay changes to me2 and me3, or DA2.

They changed way too much stuff in those games, and streamlined everything, when nothing needed to be streamlined.  I loved the customization in ME1, and how credits had actual value besides upgrading junk.  I always had a surplus of credits in ME2 and ME3 because of my need to play things to completion.  Also, if you didn't play as joking DA2 protag you weren't doing it right :P

i didn't like the gameplay changes to me2 and me3, or DA2.

They changed way too much stuff in those games, and streamlined everything, when nothing needed to be streamlined.  I loved the customization in ME1, and how credits had actual value besides upgrading junk.  I always had a surplus of credits in ME2 and ME3 because of my need to play things to completion.  Also, if you didn't play as joking DA2 protag you weren't doing it right :P

Well that's really just you as most people prefer gameplay from ME 2 & 3 over ME 1, true gameplay isn't really that much important in those games to begin with. As for protag from DA:II the whole point is to create your own character with personality you want him to have so there is no right and wrong way to do it, I myself don't like jokers for protagonists.

So apparently Dragon age inquisition has some kind of hard to crack drm so we will probably not get this game cracked soon :(

Don't underestimate hackers. Beside game has just been released today it will take at least few days for crack to come out at worst it might take a week - ten days for crack to come out.

Don't underestimate hackers. Beside game has just been released today it will take at least few days for crack to come out at worst it might take a week - ten days for crack to come out.

They're using something new. So far the games which have been using it have been out for nearly a month without a successful crack being made. So they seem to have bought a little time:

To be clear, Denuvo is not DRM in the sense the DRM stands for Digital Rights Management (or Dogs Reading Magazines, or whatever you prefer). There is nothing in the Denuvo stuff that has to do with accounts or release date checking, or ownership or anything like that. It is not SecuROM. It is not Steamworks. It is not Safedisc, or any of the other DRM solutions that have been in the past. Origin is the DRM for Dragon Age: Inquisition in the exact same manner and settings as it was in Mass Effect 3. Nothing has changed here.

Denuvo is anti-tamper on the executable. This has nothing to do with mods or attempts to change textures or anything like that. Trying to hack the executable to cheat in multiplayer? This is what we are talking about.

Something about not being able to hack the .exe file to make a crack. There are fake cracks out at the moment but they don't work.

picked it up today as well.  I thoroughly enjoy what they did for the world states, in making the keep.  I'm able to reproduce my previous games in it. Already encountered a game breaking bug, but that's to be expected on first day releases.  Think i'll start playing seriously at a later time though, can't get into it right now for some reason.  

I unfortunately don't think I'll be getting to DA:I until next week.The next couple of days I have projects to prepare and present and then Pokemon comes out Friday.

Luckily, I should have plenty of time to play over Thanksgiving. What's everyone;s impressions of it so far? I hear the PC controls are shit.

i'm not really far enough in to give a real impression, so i won't comment on that, but the controls are...eh.  my main problems can be solved by changing the key bindings or tricking my computer into thinking a ps4 controller is an xbox controller.  but for real tho, why would you give a camera change option right next to the auto attack key.  And i keep pressing space bar thinking it's pause.  

I unfortunately don't think I'll be getting to DA:I until next week.The next couple of days I have projects to prepare and present and then Pokemon comes out Friday.

Luckily, I should have plenty of time to play over Thanksgiving. 

On the bright side that'll give Bioware a chance to fix all those bugs I'm hearing about.

I'll be picking my copy up today but I've been hearing about a fair few bugs, especially with the Keep. But that was only an issue on the PC version, I think...

It looks like there's a pretty dramatic scoring difference on Amazon between PC and PS4.

PS4 gamers are rating it at almost 5 stars while PC gamers are rating it at a measly 2-3/12 star. Looks like the only difference is performance and graphics. Are PC gamers just more picky? 

I was thinking of picking up a graphics card, since that's the about the only thing I need to make my PC a gaming rig.  Looks like I'll be waiting until the Witcher 3. 

i think its due to the bugs in the pc version.  I've encountered quite a lot.  my character had blackface at a point, npcs were walking down into the map until only their heads were seeable, the audio has weird jumpy moments, if you stop to talk to someone and they're in a slightly uphill position they'll keep doing weird twitches trying to correct themselves, and exploring maps can cause your character to get stuck.

There are plenty of bugs in the console version so far...  especially quest bugs.  There is this one where an optional quest item can't be properly requisitioned on the coast area and another major one where the actual spot where the quest is supposed to be is in a slightly different place than it is marked on the map (like fifty seconds walk from it and completely outside the area where it is marked).  Biggest problem I've come across so far was the door into an important area that wasn't registering as a door at all... and the regular crash bugs, of course.

Edit:  Also, it kind of gets to me that the Qunari hair tends to clip through the horns at times...

okay.  so i've played a crap load more of inquisition, and holy CRAP.  Though, i am disappointed that save states from previous games don't really matter with the dragon age keep.  I'm also disappointed i don't get (SPOILERS AHEAD YOU'VE BEEN WARNED) 

my custom grey warden and my custom hawke. i mean sure they're the same choices and what have you, but i want MY Grey Warden mage that i spent nearly an hour creating, and MY Hawke that's a pretty homo. YES I MADE HIM A HOMO DEAL W/ IT (though it was a spur of the moment thing, making anders his romance really changed how i felt about what happened near the end of DA2. y u do dat anders. ;_; hawke lubbed you and trusted you).  Maybe i should stop making the protags in my first playthroughs mages, if the next one includes this hero as well, i'll end up running a 4 mage party everywhere >_<.

edit:SCRATCH THAT YOU'RE ABLE TO RECREATE THEIR LOOK IN SOMETHING BEFORE YOU MEET THEM.  PRAISE ANDRASTE.

Edit edit:doing the custom face on hawke changed my inquisitor's voice.  LOL.
edit edit edit: SCOUT HARDING CHANGED FROM A HUMAN TO A DWARF.  WHAT HTE FUCK

Well I just finished replaying DA:II and now I am gonna make my world state in a dragon keep and then I am gonna w8 for a crack.

okay.  so i've played a crap load more of inquisition, and holy CRAP.  Though, i am disappointed that save states from previous games don't really matter with the dragon age keep.  I'm also disappointed i don't get (SPOILERS AHEAD YOU'VE BEEN WARNED) 

my custom grey warden and my custom hawke. i mean sure they're the same choices and what have you, but i want MY Grey Warden mage that i spent nearly an hour creating, and MY Hawke that's a pretty homo. YES I MADE HIM A HOMO DEAL W/ IT (though it was a spur of the moment thing, making anders his romance really changed how i felt about what happened near the end of DA2. y u do dat anders. ;_; hawke lubbed you and trusted you).  Maybe i should stop making the protags in my first playthroughs mages, if the next one includes this hero as well, i'll end up running a 4 mage party everywhere >_<.

edit:SCRATCH THAT YOU'RE ABLE TO RECREATE THEIR LOOK IN SOMETHING BEFORE YOU MEET THEM.  PRAISE ANDRASTE.

Edit edit:doing the custom face on hawke changed my inquisitor's voice.  LOL.

edit edit edit: SCOUT HARDING CHANGED FROM A HUMAN TO A DWARF.  WHAT HTE FUCK

yeah. there's so many dialogue options in this game in important parts i'm starting to wonder just how many endings there are.

It's ridiculous how many dialogue options there are.  my first playthrough i'm going with my own set of religious beliefs, agnostic with a bit of faith.  My character is saying "i don't know, but i want to believe" in various ways so much i lost count after 5 hours.

you also create your characters back story(and subsequent side quests i imagine) through dialogue with one of the people who do these timed quest things that were in AC black flag(which use real time).  i mean yeah you get a card saying what your backstory is at the beginning but it doesn't flesh out, it just summarizes.

update: fucking hell there's too much to do in this game. i imagine my playtime on this first playthrough to be well over 200 hours.  

One thing that kind of makes me feel iffy is that there really isn't much in the way of an experience reward for killing enemies... when you are fighting through a small army (thirty or so) it is kind of depressing to get a total of three hundred to four hundred experience... 

The only real problem I've had so far, though... is when you go off the beaten path and run into a rift that is significantly higher level than the area as a whole.  That killed me two or three times...  also, you can't choose what stats of yours increase... which is a huge minus for someone used to the old way of doing things. 

Other than that... don't be a Qunari.  Looking at my Inquisitor's butt-ugly face for hour after hour gets old fast.  Do a human or an elf... One thing that pissed me off was that Qunari can't wear helmets... instead they have butt-ugly face paint that has virtually no effect on your stats.

lol... yes, actually it is.  I just have a tendency to list annoyances rather than good points.  I'm a mage, which means I don't get to see blood spurting as often as I would like, but in exchange I'm enjoying causing blizzards and setting enemies on fire...

No one expects the Dragon Age Inquisition.

Puns aside, how is the game overall?  I loved the hell out of Origins, but I played the demo for 2 and disliked what they did with things.  Not exactly alone, from what I've heard.  Anyone have a recommendation for what platform to get it on?  I've heard that the PC version is about twice as crappy as the console version, and that the controls are pretty bad unless you rebind them.

No one expects the Dragon Age Inquisition.

Puns aside, how is the game overall?  I loved the hell out of Origins, but I played the demo for 2 and disliked what they did with things.  Not exactly alone, from what I've heard.  Anyone have a recommendation for what platform to get it on?  I've heard that the PC version is about twice as crappy as the console version, and that the controls are pretty bad unless you rebind them.

Playing on PC.

I'm having a good time with it personally. I played through Origins numerous time and I've only put 15 or so hours into Inquisition, so I'm not ready to draw a comparison just yet. If you're a completionist you may find all the side quests tedious, but there's a lot of freedom in what you can do. I was a bit dubious when I heard the game was open world, but I think it's working out well. As for the controls, the camera control is what makes it awful. Also, you can't make your character walk on a keyboard and mouse which kills some of the more cinematic moments. Switching to a gamepad (what I did) eliminates all the control issues.