Do you buy VNs?

Parallel Pain

I've purchased quite a few VNs over the years...

JAST: the last one I bought from them was Yumina the Ethereal

Mangagamer: the most recent one was d2b Versus Deardrops

Hirameki: the final one that I purchased was Piece of Wonder

Fan translated import: Remember11, because it wasn't too expensive

Indie creators: Infinite Game Works by Sakura River

Translated indie: To You of the Future I Give Every Song (the first Miku VN)

PS2: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

PSP: Hakuoki and Sweet Fuse

Vita: Virtue's Last Reward and XBlaze Code Embryo

Nintendo DS: Time Hollow and Lux-Pain

iOS: Summer in Fairbrook, Tears 9, 10; and some that were almost free

I buy most of my Visual Novels nowadays. Though the last two titles I read (Kikokugai and Quartett) I didn't buy because Kikokugai is going to be released by Jast someday so I'll by it then (or I'll buy the remake when my japanese gets good enough to read it) and the company that made Quartett is dead so they're not going to get any of my money anyway and it's incredibly expensive for a game of that length.

Currently I own: Umineko, Umineko Chiru, Umineko Tsubasa, Aselia the Eternal, Steins;Gate, Kanon, Air, Rewrite, Rewrite Harvest Festa, Higanbana 1, Higanbana 2 and Shikkoku no Sharnoth (also waiting for Aiyoku no Eustia to arrive).

I try to buy VN's when I have the money and/or the access.

I'm kinda old-fashioned in that I prefer physical copies over digital. I like having something tangible that I can display and handle.

I have used many sources to acquire my library. My first games I bought were from an old site called HimeyaShop. .Then I started using a proxy service. I have also bought stuff from Hen Da Ne at conventions, even commissioning them to find one for me. And of course when I went to Japan...XD More recently I have been buying English games released by JAST and MangaGamer to help support some of the more well known publishers when they get their games.

Currently I physically own: Kanon, Mizuiro, Wind ~a breath of heart~, planetarian ~chiisana hoshi no yume~, ONE ~Kagayaku kisetsu e~, Triangle Hearts 1-2-3 DVD Edition, Koihime Musou, Deus Machina Demonbane, Saya no Uta, Heart de Roommate, Family Project, Da Capo, and Kira Kira.

On the digital-only side: ef ~the first tale~ (though that will soon become physical here in a month! XD)

And I just dumped a couple hundred into the CLANNAD Kickstarter for all of the physical goods and copy of the game. :D Probably be doing the same when Grisaia kicks off as well. ^^;;

-Rai

I am considering Eden*, But am for sure buying Princess Evangile and Da Capo 3 from Mangamer when they are released. I also plan on buying Neko Paradise and Grisaia. Up until this point I just acquired free downloads, but now I want to help support the industry so that we get more English licensed visual novels in the West.

030iPzXl.jpgWy3jfOal.jpg

I do, indeed. I haven't bought any JPN releases lately, though, and I'm buying my ENG stuff digitally.

I see that a you have a couple pairs of what looks to be the same game. Are those fan discs or something else? I may be massively giving myself away as a bit of a noob when it comes to physical merch, but whatever. I think the last hard copy of a game that I bought was Skyrim, because I wanted a hard copy of the map.

I've bought a hard copy limited edition of S;G from JAST, and digital copies of Shuffle and Kira Kira from MG. Even though my current budget won't be enough to keep me from downloading VNs for free, I'll still buy them when I can; it feels a little nicer when you read a VN that you've paid for. Importing is almost out of the question though, but I will try to pay for games I really liked (I'll buy Little Busters one day). I will buy both digital and physical, but I prefer physical copies (I went digital for Shuffle because the moe day sale didn't extend to hard copies). The next VNs I plan to buy are Eden*, Clannad, Higurashi, and Umineko. I'll buy Umineko 1st since it's the least likely to get a hard copy in the future (MG doesn't have it completely licensed, but they are able to to sell a download on their site). Eden* will likely sell well enough to get hard copies in the future, Clannad might if SP ever puts up a means to buy them, and Higurashi could get more popular through Steam.

I see that a you have a couple pairs of what looks to be the same game. Are those fan discs or something else? I may be massively giving myself away as a bit of a noob when it comes to physical merch, but whatever. I think the last hard copy of a game that I bought was Skyrim, because I wanted a hard copy of the map.

Fan discs, with the exception of My Girlfriend is the President. I have both ENG and JPN copies of that game.

Usually buy digital copies on steam, or maybe something on the PS3 if a PC version doesn't exist.  Truth be told I'm not very comfortable buying digital releases outside of Steam, so unless it's released there chances are I'll end up going the other route until such a release becomes available.  Hard copies are a bit tougher to keep track of for me, and I don't have the necessary skills (nor spare money for import fees) to get from overseas.

I'm totally willing to purchase when possible, but oftentimes there isn't a route to do so.