Do you buy VNs?

Parallel Pain

I don't like digital copies, so I only buy stuff from DLSite when there are no alternatives, and only titles I have already read and really liked. I'm just too used to downloading stuff for free. :P

I do buy physical copies, I like collecting stuff. I get most of those from Amazon.jp (using Goody-Japan as a proxy).

Oh, there's also MangaGamer and JAST USA, I buy their stuff too. Again, only physical copies if possible.

I've bought a couple of digital editions of VNs on consoles and gotten some through PS+. On PC though, I just download them for free, since it's so easy. That said, if I like a VN enough - and if it has an awesome boxed edition - I'll buy it. Bought a couple in Sofmap when I was in Japan. :)

I have only been to Japan once, and when I went, I did buy a bunch :P. Even though we are moving into the digital age, I still like me some physical copies. I do contribute to Sekai Project's campaigns for physical copies so long as the game is reasonably entertaining. If a digital version is the only thing available, I will still buy it sometimes, especially the no name ones that need support due to lack of hype.

If VNs were readily available on shelves in retailers, I would probably pay far less attention to purchasing them. The fact that they are rare actually push me toward getting one whenever an opportunity is available.

So far, I've only bought OELVN's and most stuff that comes up on kickstarter... definitely planning on contributing to the upcoming Grisaia + Clannad campaigns, for example.

I haven't played too many officially licensed games from JAST or MG yet, but I think I'm going to go with a try-then-buy stance.  I kind of want to buy some sort of physical copy of S;G if they're still available.

For games that are fan-translated and would require some sort of overseas purchase, that's just too high a barrier for me.  I just download.

I havent been able to buy many vns tbh.

I've read ~10 vns, most of which are fan translations. The rest are OELVNs and most of those were free. I initially downloaded Analogue: A Hate Story, but I bought it and the sequel on steam after reading it

I think I try.. I like to collect games I enjoy so there are some VNs I've bought from JAST and Mangagamer which I've already played before, and some I've just bought because it looked good and I knew I'd enjoy it.  

However, I'm more picky when it comes to spending on VNs, since it's more of a secondary hobby compared to Rpg gaming on consoles (I'm willing to support those more.. so most of my money goes there).

I don't like buying VN downloads.. so I will only buy the games with physical copies.

It depends, really. The fact that I'm still in high school rules out buying pretty much anything 18+ for the time being, although that will probably change once I move out. I do pick of physical copies when I can though, and I have some digital copies, too. My collection has come from all over the place, as I buy used the majority of the time. 

In case anyone's curious, this is my collection so far. I don't think it's too bad, considering my lack of options and money

My hard copies and where I got them:

Little busters LE (Amazon)

Rewrite Harvest Festa (Amazon)

KiraKira (Rightstuf)

Higurashi (Jlist)

Ever17 (Trade)

Dragonia (Trade)

Ai Yori Aoshi (Amazon)

Phantom- The Phantom of Inferno (Amazon)

Day of Love (Amazon)

Hourglass of summer (Gift)

Digital:

Corpse Party (PSN)

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (PSN)

Hakuoki (PSN)

Really? Really! (Giveaway)

Planetarian (iOS)

Several iOS doujin (probably) titles that I can;t be bothered to look for right now

The first two question arcs of Higurashi (iOS)

Hatoful Boyfriend (Steam)

It depends, really. The fact that I'm still in high school rules out buying pretty much anything 18+ for the time being, although that will probably change once I move out. I do pick of physical copies when I can though, and I have some digital copies, too. My collection has come from all over the place, as I buy used the majority of the time.

Wow someone actually follows age guidlines?

I buy whichever handheld console VN's I can, however, that limits me quite amply since there's no place that sells VN's in Turkey (and I cannot import, my dad does not let me use his card anymore, but I do have a prepaid card of sorts with which I'll try to import once I've gotten my hands on a Vita) 

I would imagine it might be awkward to have a 18+ eroge show up to your door and your mom signs for the package.

That's exactly the issue. I have no problem playing 18+ eroge, but I would REALLY rather not have something laying around the house that could reveal it to my mom. Even if I'm less than a year from turning 18, that's a conversation I'd really rather not have. I've already come dangerously close to getting caught playing them, and that was nerve-wracking enough.

I buy officially translated English VNs if they interest me. So far that's been Da Capo II for moe day and Hakouki because it was an otome game officially in English. I already have money taken out of my budget for No Thank You! and the next one that requires me to pay between Grisaia, Oz Mafia and Gakthun.... Hopefully the other two wait until I get my next job...