Which is Your Favorite Game In The Final Fantasy Series?

springning

VI and IX... VI was a true masterpiece, showing the limits of what could be done with the SNES, similar to Chrono Trigger.  IX was just fun, though not a masterpiece.

VII has aged horribly, and upon replaying it I didn't really enjoy it at all...  VIII... better I don't say anything about that disaster.  X is good and also the last good game in the series... but it wasn't a masterpiece.  The less said the better about XI and XIV, XII lacked anything resembling a decent narrative, XIII... well, everyone knows what is wrong with XIII and every last one of its linked games by now. 

Story-wise, FFT is still the most solid, but its gameplay (mostly the excessively grindy nature of it, which was stolen straight out of Tactics Ogre) stops it short of being a kamige. 

lol, Ren agreed with me.  Yeah, VI is FF's sole kamige, sadly.  It did everything right and its plot and characters still resonate well today.  I mean... Kefka as the antagonist and the Celes/Locke opera scene.

Edit:  Square had precisely three kamige: FFVI, Chrono Trigger, and Xenogears (the story is godly... it really is too bad about the way they shortened things for the second disc).

It'd have to be Final Fantas 13-2, I've played most of the FF games but none of them seem as good as 13-2. Well why it's my favorite?

1: Characters- easy to relate with, even the villian has his issues I can relate with the villian as well.

2: The graphics- Graphics aren't everything...but damn these vibrant enviroments are the shit O w O

3: Moogle- Whut?

4: LVL system- Best one I've seen so far, don't gotta grind so much like in most FF games.

5: Music- Best soundtrack I've heard for FF, 10 and 7 have good soundtracks as well...but I've never liked so many songs in one game such as this.

and finally

6: Story- A story about time travel, only played one game having to do with Time travel and that was Shadow of destiny...Final fantasy has done a good job making a meaningful story about time travel ^_^ At first I was skeptical but I enjoyed it.

I've only played VII and VIII, back when I was a wee lad. I thought they were fun.

VII seems to have become the mascot of the series nowadays with it having a plethora of fans claiming it as the best game in the universe and an equal amount of anti-fans bashing its overhyped-ness xD

VIII was the hardest game for me to play at first simply because I didn't know how to use the Junction system!!! I literally went at the first first few bosses using only Attack and a shitload of potion spamming.

It'd have to be Final Fantas 13-2, I've played most of the FF games but none of them seem as good as 13-2. Well why it's my favorite?

1: Characters- easy to relate with, even the villian has his issues I can relate with the villian as well.

2: The graphics- Graphics aren't everything...but damn these vibrant enviroments are the shit O w O

3: Moogle- Whut?

4: LVL system- Best one I've seen so far, don't gotta grind so much like in most FF games.

5: Music- Best soundtrack I've heard for FF, 10 and 7 have good soundtracks as well...but I've never liked so many songs in one game such as this.

and finally

6: Story- A story about time travel, only played one game having to do with Time travel and that was Shadow of destiny...Final fantasy has done a good job making a meaningful story about time travel ^_^ At first I was skeptical but I enjoyed it.

Wow, I am delighted to hear so many folks mentioning FF IV :D! Even VI is commonly and deservingly loved, but IV is a pleasant surprise. For me, it would be VI followed by IV. Nostalgia admittedly has a lot to do with it, I think. If we replayed VI today, would we have a lot of things to pick out? Possibly. It is still probably better than a lot of the titles produced today, though. In terms of story, I mean. The visuals have aged quite okay, too. I find good 2D is timeless :).

FF7 is the one I will choose. While there are some others that are really great, especially FF6, in my opinion 7 was where the series climbed to the peak. The only place it went after that is down, lol. It is still fun to play over 10 years later, with fun gameplay and the darkest story in the series so it still holds strong. The localization has its problems but it's not going to keep you from having fun.

Choosing which is the worst is actually harder, there are so many of them, lol.

My favourites would have to be four and ten.

I found both of these games to have great characters and excellent stories. whilst most of the FF games have these, four and ten just stood out more for me.

Yeah, most of people like play ten, but I haven't played it, I just played 4 and loved it.

• 2 weeks later...