Tester required with 32bit windows for batch fix

Hi,

As some people with 32bit Windows system had trouble with the batch i've made i tried to fix it but since i have no 32bit system i'm looking for someone that would test it for me.

Here is the link for the fixed batch with two reg files: http://www.mediafire.com/?0fggmw70i832f8m

- Extract the three files in the same directory (dosen't matter wich one since i dosen't import the reg),

- Run Make_Rewrite_Work2.bat

- Copy code from the rewrite_modif.reg file created in your post

Thanks

PS: The batch isn't ready to release yet !!

Does the windows version play a factor on the batch? I run 64-bit systems myself, but my mother's old laptop or my grandmother's old computer may be running a 32-bit Windows XP. I still need to confirm this... I will do so after my shift at work today.

I apologize for my repeated posts above. I hit an area with a bad signal and.. yeah, the request went through more times then needed.

Anyway, I have experienced some difficulties during this installation, this is primarily due to the fact that Windows XP does not support Japanese Locale settings without additional installation files. I've installed Rewrite onto the system and received the general error that states that it is a Japan only game. In order for me to run the game, I'd have to locate some Japanese language files online perhaps... Since I do not have an installation disk in which they originally refer to. Microsoft's official embedded language pack for Japanese seems to be missing from their website, I cannot reach it. So this is not turning out as well as I had hoped.

For curiosity sake, I did download the batch file and ran it according to the instructions listed. Using notepad, this is what the rewrite_modif.reg file contained.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Key]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Key\Rewrite]

"setup_dir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)"

"exe_dir"="C:\\Program Files\\Key\\Rewrite"

"dat_dir"="C:\\Program Files\\Key\\Rewrite"

"dat_setup"="full"

Will this be of any use, or will you require it to be run by someone who has their system in a Japanese Locale setting?

Hey phoenix I'm not sure if this will help you, but here is what happens when I attempt to run the original rewrite files on a 32-bit computer. (Had it downloaded for a while, but never opened).

http://postimage.org/image/n2nq9ga3t/

Taking a look at the files told to run, it seems this is what basically happens.

The batch file Run_this_to_make_game_work! tries to run the rewrite_modif registry key. The registry key fails because it tries to search for a non-existent folder on 32-bit computers. (Wow6432Node)

If the extra path \Wow6432Node is removed, then it runs fine. Also not entirely sure, but it seems the batch file creates the rewrite_modif registry key in the folder. (Not sure if it was there before, wasn't paying attention.) I do know that it replaces an edited version of the rewrite_modif registry with the original, if anyone wants to test things out.

Game runs fine once the registry files are applied.

Also no Rewrite does not actually need to be in japanese locale to work it was just written in case.

Then problem is it's locked for non japanese computers but you can use this patch: http://sst311212.99k.org/system/rlse/SiglusEngine_Patcher.rar

Oh interesting.. I did apply the patch that I used for my Windows 7 system, but I still could not get it to run. I must have messed up somewhere along the way. Sorry about that. But I'm glad that you've fixed the batch. Good job.

• 8 months later...

are Aaeru already upload the batch file for 32bit system? If its already upload it, please give me the link (sorry bad with english)

Yes i fixed that in the new batch with a second reg file for 32bit system

The batch now finds out wether your system is 32 ou 64bits

Aaeru will upload it shortly

I think it's fair to say that she's had time to upload it since the 16th of february. So... yes, and it should be there in the current fuwanovel release of rewrite.

• 1 month later...