Differences between Eiyuu Senki and Gold

Avil

Here's what VNDB has to say about it

Description

This is the powered-up version/sequel of Eiyuu*Senki with additional heroines. It adds an item creation system, as well as achievement trophies and an infinite dungeon. The old Far East country of Zipang is ruled by the greatest hero Yamato Takeru and since it has secluded itself from other nations, it had developed its own unique culture. The hero of Oushuu, Masamune, starved for excitement in this time of peace. After finding a young man by the sea who had lost his memories, he concocted a plan to put him in charge and challenge Takeru. If he was able to defeat him, then Zipang would break its seclusion and take over other countries, leading to world domination!

Some things should remain the same but there appears to be some big differences

It worries me that there's a disturbing scene with Alexander (one the best heroines) so I thought Eiyuu Senki was a Rance-like rape festival.

Not at all, only the protagonist gets raped every now and then (But he doesnt oppose resistance) but thats because he seems to rarely take advances at the heroines so they have to do it first. The whole game is pretty lighthearted except at certain story scenes (But nothing too dark).

Sadly it seems the world conquest genre is filled with rape with few exceptions like this and Koihime Musou, wich is sad since i would love to play them but i cant stand rape.

As for the difference between both there are many but dont worry both are self contained so once you beat Gold you can go back to the original without any trouble.

So what Gold has new is:

>New characters and new designs for some characters (Like the Protagonist that in my opinion looks far cooler in Gold).

>New synthesis and shop system.

>New battle type (Not used all the time)

>Almost every Heroine getting a sex scene (Around 56 or so characters have H-scenes compared to the first game when roughly half the cast didnt got any scene).

>All heroines get enough screen time (In the original the japanese characters, Mainly Himiko and Arthur were given more schreen time).

>Entirely new soundtrack (Far superior than the original in my opinion)

The only part were the original surpass Gold is in the story but Himiko is pretty annoying since the game shoves her and to a lesser extent Arthur as the main heroines with many H-scenes for them to boot.

Anyways be sure to use the english UI patch for Gold available in Hongfire.

• 1 year later...
On 2014/11/6 at 0:00 AM, kratoscar2008 said:

Not at all, only the protagonist gets raped every now and then (But he doesnt oppose resistance) but thats because he seems to rarely take advances at the heroines so they have to do it first. The whole game is pretty lighthearted except at certain story scenes (But nothing too dark).

Sadly it seems the world conquest genre is filled with rape with few exceptions like this and Koihime Musou, wich is sad since i would love to play them but i cant stand rape.

A basic rule with conquest strategy VNs is that there are two types... the rape-filled ones (with a variation between ones with protagonist raping and rapes by third-parties that happen when you screw up) and harem ones.  Koihime Musou series, Sengoku and Sangoku Hime series, and Eiyuu Senki are all of the latter type.  This is opposed to Softhousechara games, which tend to have at least some rape, and Venus Blood and Rance types that have endless rape.