Anyone knows the location that Mihama Academy is based off?

AMMSY

Mihama is a real place in Chiba, if I'm not mistaken. They make references to the place (and the train lines) several times in the trilogy, they're not really making up any fictional cities. :D

I looked it up and I'm pretty sure it's Mihama from Fukui prefecture

Actually, disregard my last comment. After looking into it for a bit, I think it's a made up city after all. Mihama (美浜) is just the name of the academy, not the city itself - the city Grisaia is supposedly located in is called 三嶋崎, and it's made up. Judging by the descriptions, it could possibly be somewhere in Kanagawa (maybe Miura?), but in the end, the place doesn't really exist - even if you follow the trains and such specified in some parts of the novels, you won't really find it.

(Source)

Actually, disregard my last comment. After looking into it for a bit, I think it's a made up city after all. Mihama (美浜) is just the name of the academy, not the city itself - the city Grisaia is supposedly located in is called 三嶋崎, and it's made up. Judging by the descriptions, it could possibly be somewhere in Kanagawa (maybe Miura?), but in the end, the place doesn't really exist - even if you follow the trains and such specified in some parts of the novels, you won't really find it.

(Source)

Interesting. Thanks