VNs with RPG mechanics?

screw_ball69

Eushully games definitely (stick with the ones they made more recently, from Kamidori onwards). They all have a lot of RPG stuff in, all made with NG+ in mind and there's a bunch of optional stuff you can do gameplay-wise as well as story-wise. Plus their games are really top-tier in terms of quality. None apart from Kamidori are translated though, I don't know if you're only looking for English VNs.

Another one I'm liking a lot is Pastel Chime 3, by Alicesoft. Again, JP only.

Eushully:

Soukoku no Arterial (card battles)

Ikusa Megami Zero (straightforward turn-based battle system, can customize protag stats)

Ikusa Megami Verita (ditto to Zero)

Madou Koukaku (strategy)

SofthouseChara:

Ouzoku (strategy)

Wizards Climber (Dungeon-crawler)

Xuse:

Eien no Aselia (translated and strategy)

Both games, as well as most other gameplay VNs, commit the grievous sin of making you do the same damn thing over and over again long after you've gotten sick of it. Aselia and Yumina do it in different ways. In Aselia, a single playthrough does not offer much grind, but subsequent playthroughs by and large offer identical battles and there are many routes, making the whole thing really tedious and boring. With Yumina, you can do the main three heroine routes by skipping most of the gameplay (they made the bulk of it, the VR world, optional) if you keep the NG+ difficulty low, but if you want to get all of the side/bonus endings, expect a shitload of uninspired dungeon crawling. Actually I heard the "true" ending is unlocked only after you get all 5 other endings but I'm not sure if that's a full route with lots of story or what.

Kamidori's gameplay was more fun for me (although I didn't exactly have a blast with it), but Yumina's is less grindy. Aselia is more repetitive than either. Regarding Yumina, if you like real dungeon crawling games like Wizardry, Might and Magic, Legend of Grimrock, etc, you will still probably not like Yumina's brand of dungeon crawling because it's actually really shallow and boring. The combat can be interesting at times but most of the time it's brainless. The exceptions are boss battles.

edit: I haven't actually played any other dungeon crawling VNs, only other "real" dungeon crawlers, so I can't attest to how Yumina compares to others within the genre.

Yumina was a bit of a disappointment since the story was kind of .... meh, especially considering Aselia. Kamidori got pretty boring too, didn't bother with more than 1 play through, due to a lot of repetitive grinding/kind of uninspired story.

The rance games are some of the more fun, and has a pretty decent lore. (Rance 9 is a ton of fun, seriously) 

The combat system in madou koukaku pissed me off to no end, feels extremely clunky and was just all around annoying. The world is pretty interesting though.

Baldr Sky is pretty cool, definitely has a better feel than most of the games listed here.