What was your first Anime?

5T4R

The first anime that I knew was anime was .hack//SIGN.

After that, stuff like Pokemon and Digimon, and the shows that used to show after school on Cartoon Network's Toonami block in the late 90's in the US.  Tenchi Muyo, Gundam, DBZ.  I never made the connection until a few years later.

LOL XD then again mecha dosent get a whole lot of love here at fuwa to begin with so :C

While the first mecha anime I full on watched was Gundam Wing (unless Tekkaman counts, though I never finished it as that got pulled from the air right after a cliffhanger episode :angry: ) I remember occasionally watching episodes of Voltron (I do not mean that CGI show...though I watched a few episodes of that too :wacko: ) whenever I encountered it channel surfing since it reminded me of Power Rangers.

A few years ago back when i didn't have internet(HOW DID I USED TO LIVE BACK THEN????) i watched animes aired on tv. Funny to think about it now since the animes were never translated and it has no sub. The fire of recca, the adventures of tarzan( the name might be wrong but something like it), and of course how can we forget naruto.  

My first ever anime was Pokemon but after watching Shakugan no Shana, I got to know what the termanime meant.... :sachi:

So, Shana made you become an anime fan? Or was there a gap after watching Shana and getting into otaku-oriented stuff? Curious, because Shana was one of the first anime I watched in Japanese.

My first anime that I remember seeing on tv was probably sailormoon and tenchi muyo. The first anime I remember buying was Sorcerer Hunters and Slayers. If we want to get real technical though Speed Racer and Star Blazers are probably what introduced me to anime (didn't know what it was called til toonami) and I have my dad to thank for it since he had some old speed racer and star blazers vhs tapes lying around when I was growing up and I liked them as a kid. 

Well tecgnically my first anime was probably Pokemon, Dragon Ball, or Digimon, but I didn't even follow the story so yeah. The first anime I watched, where I followed the story and watched it somewhere else than TV, was Inuyasha. I watched it with my sister since she was the one, who recommended it to me. 

First anime I ever watched was Sailor Moon. I was 4 and had no idea what was going on, but I just admired it for the colors and "funny looking people", and of course Luna the talking cat. However the anime that transformed me from a one-and-done anime fan into the casual anime fan that I am today was Haruhi.