What was your first Anime?

5T4R

9Y0XRjh.png

Well, I will be asking random questions from now on, feel free to join and share your past & opinions. I am steel. Steel knows no fear. Steel knows no doubt. When faced with my enemy, I hesitate not. I am a weapon to destroy these. Iron-Blood Transformation!

Explanation:

I don't think I need to explain anything. Just look at the title above or picture you will know what it's asking. 

Answer:

Putting all these things aside, my first Anime was "Bleach!", I hated Anime so much before started watching one. I was always constantly looking down on people who watches Anime. Till one day, the girl that I like asked me to watch. (She is an Otaku). So I decided to watch, I don't know why I chose Bleach out of millions of Anime, but that came into my mind and I started watching it. I was too into that Anime that I watch nearly 15 episodes a day. (Quite a tragic story uh?!)

I have this habit where, when I start a thread. I would make it Visually Appealing. Sorry if it bothers you somehow. It's just a habit where I started many years back.

本当にご免なさい Hontōnigomennasai

Hellsing was the first that got me into anime a few years ago. At the time, the internet was a goldmine for subbed videos, and so I spent most of my free time after school watching many different anime series' whenever I had the chance.

Nowadays I have to wait for a season to finish before I can watch it, although I do occasionally stumble upon an overlooked complete series such as the fantastic Nichijou I'm currently watching. :P

I don't really watch anime anymore, since I prefer mangas and VNs(and I'm quite overbearing when speaking of adaptation and the like, so I can be a douche without wanting to sometimes), but my first anime was Kamisama Kazoku in 2007, it boded well for me since I liked romance so since then I just ventured into the otaku world.

doraemon, crayon shin chan, digimon, those used to air on tv back when i was a kid. I really got into anime around 6 or 7 years ago, with soul eater, haruhi suzumiya, code geass, and the likes. i don't really watch anime anymore, the industry and its audience has changed quite a lot over the years, and i have aged too. it's really hard to find a good show each season, given the current trend of moe, imouto, fanservice, high school kids, etc. etc..

Well, as a child I watched Ghibli films a lot at my aunt's house, but I didn't really associate them with anime like I do now. Later, as a slightly older child I watched a good bit on Toonami and Adult Swim. Nothing complete, just bits and pieces. Naruto (~first season), Bleach (~first season. Loved it and I want to actually watch it sometime), Inuyasha, Shin Chan, some Pokemon, and Afro Samurai (that one might have been on scifi's Animonday). But really it all started years later in tenth grade when I walked over to a friend's house and he was watching episode 98 of Gintama. The Yagyu arc, toilet paper episode. He showed me Death Note, and then I watched Gintama after that (took me 2-3 years to finish Gintama because I slow roll things I like reallllly hard). Gintama was the first anime I watched subbed and it really felt like the first thing that was definitely anime, partly because I was old enough to know and partly because of the language and the content. Looking back it all feels good to me.

Oh and I dont know when, but I have a memory of watching Gunslinger Girl with my brother. I love Gunslinger Girl (I have the manga in my room, I'm going to read it sometime!)

I watched the typical North American '90s kid kids anime.The first I watched knowing it was anime was re-watching Cardcaptor Sakura, I guess. And then Tsubasa....? Maybe. The first years are split between watching on tv and the internet and I have no idea which came first! On tv it was stuff like Inuyasha and Naruto...

I believe the first anime series I watched and really loved was Record of Lodoss Wars. I rented it at a video store when I was about 10years old? I was also watching anime like Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Sailor Moon, DBZ, Card Captor Sakura and Evangelion everyday on TV.  (I forget which happened first)

I was already playing RPGs and video games at an early age, so that probably influenced my interest into anime since it had similar elements of fantasy story.

If I define "first" as "watched all episodes, paid attention to plot, characters and the number of the current episode", then it's Clannad. Clannad is also the only anime I have finished.

If "first" is just the first piece of japanese animation that I laid eyes upon, then it would be Digimon, Dragonball or the something-with-monsters-inside-stone-CDs-show.

I don't really want to count those though, because I never watched them regulary or interested, there sometimes just wasn't anything else running while I was eating before playing outside (eight-year-old Texas was busy 24/7).