Need help for a program to extract scripts Favorite/Saga Planets visual novels

doppel222

Hello guys, I know some people ask this or things related to this stuff so it's gonna be annoying for some of you guys.

I just became a  NEET 3 months ago and spend most of my time watching anime and reading some visual novels but I felt something is not enough, how about I try to translate this? And I know a little knowledge about Japanese language. Before I go back working in the society, I want to try to do this. I'm still a beginner here, if you guys can help me for the programs that I need it'll be helpful.

I also want to know which file contains the script.

Here are types of files in Favorite:

>bgm.bin

>etc.bin

>graph.bin

>graph_bg.bin

>graph_bs.bin

>graph_sd.bin

>graph_vis.bin

>se.bin

>se_env.bin

>se_sys.bin

>snow.hcb

>voice.bin

If I manage to translate at least 10 lines, I will continue working in this stuff.

Thank you :)

Update: The scripts are in the Snow.hcb file, I just need to know how to extract it.

So you managed to make it work ?

Can you confirm the method you linked here works ?

And how you solved your problem.

It can greatly help other members wanting to translate other Favorite novels.

Lol, that's my script. I thought I explained well in that thread how to use it... "script.py -e <filename>" to extract, "script.py -c" to compile the script.txt and strings.txt back into a Snow.hcb.new.

But as I also said on there, I don't understand how one of the opcodes works properly, and editing lines before the main script very much can, and probably will, eventually cause crashes. So err, you may want to wait for someone to work that out.

Update: I stopped translating AstralAir no Shiroki Towa. Someone is already started a project for that.

So I moved to Koi Suru Kanojo no Bukiyou na Butai. I started translating it last week with the help from a translator of Yosuga no Sora. Don't get hype about this because this is not a official project, I'm just doing this to kill some time so no bad feeling about this guys. 

If I'm going to release some patch It'll just be a partial or just an interface.

M6jGJ5J.jpg

You really don't need to be considerate for people using machine translations. This sounds harsh, but their projects don't actually mean anything and if AstralAir is the game you want to translate most, it's probably best to ignore the machine translations and create something actually proper and good. Nobody else in the scene really takes those projects into consideration when choosing their own. But if you're already set on Koikano, then I guess I shouldn't complain, since that one is more to my tastes. I look forward to whatever partials you put out. :)