Neko Para to release simultaneously in Japanese, English, and Chinese, out now!

Decay

edit 2: The download version is available now!

It was just announced today that Neko Para will release with Chinese and English translations built into the game. It's been known for some time that they were interested in doing an english release, but I don't think anyone expected this. It appears to be an in-house translation, which has a bad track record for eroge. See: Gin'iro. Here's hoping they can overcome the expected result. Neko Para itself is an 18+ moege that will be set in a maid cafe and features a large cast of catgirls, with two main heroines, Chocola and Vanilla. It will use Windmill's E-Mote system to create animated sprites. It's a lower budget doujin game being initially sold at Comiket, so don't expect too much, I think it may only be one route. It could still be pretty entertaining, though. The release is December 30th.

nAPvNbc.png

xBPzaX1.jpg

The literal is something like "After that I was also told「This cardboard box is heavy as well so handle it with care!」"

Maybe in context the english is workable, but was kind of confusing seeing such a big disparity between the two.. Don't know the chinese one, except for a few words here and there. 

Edit: They are different lines, not the same line. According to moogy at least. 

Oh, some random info about the game, it's basically a moe game (as one would expect) that uses the e-mote system (the one where the character is like kind of animated), and it has professional voice actors/staff on everything despite being a doujin game. 

Yeah that about sums it up. 

This isn't really the kind of title that appeals to me, but I'm curious in seeing the quality of the English translation. Is there any news involving any plans that go beyond just selling it at Comiket?

Well, I'm unsure where else you'll be able to buy it but I believe there will be a purchasable download version as well. Also, it's just the first part of a multi-part series. The other parts will probably focus on relationships with some of the other catgirls, and maybe the little sister, who is also a character in the game (the only pure human one).  The download version will be 2,000 yen ($17.82 as of today). You can also visit this site to preview a few H-CGs including an animated one: http://nekopara.com/page_vo/vo_01.html (nws obviously)

Maybe I used incorrect word, but basically, at least you won't need to worry about getting a bunch of Engrish.

Hmmm, the eroge community like to think that as long as the translation isn’t in “engrish” it’s fine. It isn’t. The eroge community is just willing to tolerate a distinct lack of style in english written works.

What’s the group’s translation philosophy? Do they want something super accurate or do they want something that flows? There’s been people throughout history, professional translators, who have had the extreme opinion that any change a translator makes when translating is criminal and worthy of a jail sentence. Obviously these people produced work which was borderline unreadable. Then at the other end of the spectrum is Ace Attorney. But enough about localisation philosophy, it's been done to death. Let’s touch on ineptitude.

Moenovel’s VN was translated professionally. The game which coined the phrase “all your base belong to us” was translated professionally. Obviously that DID descend into “engrish” but Moenovel’s didn’t, and their translation was still treated with disdain.

What does “professional” mean? That someone was paid to do it, it really tells you little else.

EDITED because the extreme heat makes it hard to think and write.....

Hmmm, the eroge community like to think that as long as the translation isn’t in “engrish” it’s fine. It isn’t, the eroge community just has a low tolerance for style in english written works.

What’s the group’s translation philosophy? Do they want something super accurate or do they want something that flows? There’s been people throughout history, professional translators, who have had the extreme opinion that any change a translator makes when translating is criminal and worthy of a jail sentence. Obviously these people produced work which was borderline unreadable. Then at the other end of the spectrum is Ace Attorney. But enough about localisation philosophy, it's been done to death. Let’s touch on ineptitude.

Moenovel’s VN was translated professionally. The game which coined the phrase “all your base belong to us” was translated professionally. Obviously that DID descend into “engrish” but Moenovel’s didn’t, and their translation was still treated with disdain.

What does “professional” mean? That someone was paid to do it, it really tells you little else.

You know that "eroge community" consist of lots of non-native English speaker that can't tell the difference between perfect English and not-Engrish English, right?

And I already scraped off that "professional" part, so just leave it alone