Neko Para to release simultaneously in Japanese, English, and Chinese, out now!

Decay

Reading it atm. Still not really making sense in context. At least, making little enough sense that I'm having to go back and try to figure out where the translator fucked up to try to extract the correct meaning...

Meph's attempt seems more like it.

Context: talking to owner who took a feral neko in, said neko is present and they've talked to her as well. I'll give the eight lines before it, and the actual lines:

cc3ef4e82e.jpg
c58c188595.jpg
1f4c1477fa.jpg

Uh... Alright, that is pretty difficult to follow in english. I'm going to assume that Neko = ネコ = 人型ネコ = humanoid cat, and neko = 猫 = normal cat. While that is definitely something one can distinguish between in japanese... in english I'm not so sure simply having a capital and non-capital as well as being inconsistent by using a "humanoid cat" instead of "humanoid neko", while using "neko" for everything else. 

Meph's attempt seems more like it.

Because Meph’s the man :3

Okay, apparently Sekai missed a deadline which is part of the reason why the demo isn’t in good condition. Furthermore some translation decisions look like they’ll be changing. Dovac commented on Reddit that “neko” could be changed to “catgirl”. Or was it “genetically modified cats” changed to “catgirls.” It wasn’t very clear, the point is something could be changed to “catgirl”.

The demo looks like a draft, which is probably what it is. It can be fixed but I’m wondering if it can be fixed in time. To all those who think the English is fine, Dovac acknowledges the concerns and implies the issues will be addressed in the final release. Heh, it should be noted that while Dovac acknowledges the concerns over the English, he said nothing about the apparent TL errors… Just saying :P.

I'm just going to do one line cause I need to be somewhere.

Third line, wow… where to begin. We’ll start with the obvious – “in regards to” is incorrect usage, it’s “in regard to.” A tad confusing so I usually use “with respect to” because less chance of making an error.

Next – “in regard to” is business language not REALLY suited to everyday conversations unless you’re a very formal person. It is possible she speaks that way but I’ll tag it here just in case though. And anyway if someone talks formally they’re usually precise and clear, which this character is not. She’s being roundabout which is different from being formal.

Next – Redundant words. Both “also” and “as well” are used. Use one not both, if at all. Furthermore repetitive words are also a problem, so if you use the word “also” or “as well” in this line you shouldn’t use it in the nex- oh look at that.

“In regard to me” isn’t a very clear way of identifying that the people were talking about the box she was in. It’s very roundabout, it uses a lot of words to describe a simple situation, so you have a lot of words doing very little in that sentence. That’s usually described as clutter. Much of that sentence can be eliminated and replace with the simple, yet effective, “my box." If you want something a little closer to the original tone, you’ll have to find someone fluent in Japanese. All I can tell you is it doesn’t work in English.

So, third line. You have redundancies, incorrect English, suspect tone (business language yet very roundabout) and a resulting sentence which is not as clear as it should be. It’s actually a terrible line.

Consider -

Also, they said my "box is heavy so be careful with it."

Better?

You speak "in regard to" something or "with regard to" someone. In this case, regards is never used, it is always regard. Also, because the word "me" is used, "in regard to me" makes absolutely no sense. What?

• 2 weeks later...

Nekopara also will released here right ....!? I mean the main page of fuwanovel .! Please replay asap !

On Fuwanovel? No. Fuwanovel does not currently host licensed titles.

To aquire them you can buy them legally or look for them somewhere else.

My condolences.

As for where. I'm fairly sure this game will be released on Steam, so that's one way.