MiraiTranslations - Shinobi Ryuu project

TMlaNZV.jpg

Game summary

Game Name: Shinobi Ryuu
Original Title: 忍流
Developer: SofthouseChara
Publisher: SofthouseChara

VNDB: https://vndb.org/v2684

Summary description: Shinobi Ryuu is a management simulation game where you lead the Suigen ninja clan which is on the verge of collapse. Will you be able to assist in the clan’s rise to former glory or will you be the responsible for its downfall?

Introduction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnuL1Y_NrYQ

Project Info

MiraiTranslations project currently has the following team members:

• Translator(s): Naurlas
  • Hacker(s) : Orochinagi
  • Editor(s) : Sality
  • Image editor(s) : Orochinagi, Sality

Homepage: http://miraitranslations.org

Contact information: You can get in touch with us through Fuwanovel Forums (pm me or post in this thread) or by contacting us directly on our website.

Progress (updated 02/11/2014)

• Buildings/Facilities names and descriptions fully translated(unreleased);
  • Units/Character, Household and Shinobi Clan names fully translated(unreleased);
  • Training options names/descriptions fully translated(unreleased);
  • Mission names/descriptions fully translated (unreleased);
  • Around 556 out of 626 interface images translated (released);
  • Tooltips fully translated (unreleased);
  • Story translation (rough count of 43803 script lines) stalled due to work overload of translator;

Recruitment

We're currently looking to reinforce our translator team.

Once we're closer to completion of the project we'll also be looking for some QC and Proofreading elements.

If you wish to join us, PM me on this forum or contact us directly on our website

Samples

(includes unreleased content - no QC yet) :

SHlrSzL.jpg
Osxc3ZN.jpg
jTk0O1X.jpg
cmipsvf.jpg
8HAOn44.jpg
aE7Ef8r.jpg

Good luck. Judging by vndb, SoftHouse Chara's titles look very fun.

Thanks.

If you like games with strong gameplay elements, they are indeed interesting/fun. Most of them require several playthroughs to complete and use all sorts of mechanics. If you don't know any of their titles, i'd definitely recommend Wizard's Climber, Suzukuri Dragon and Nangoku Dominion (all 3 have different styles).

If I haven't misunderstood you, you plan to make full translations and not only interface translations right? If that's correct could you tell us witch of SoftHouse Chara VNs do you plan to fully translate first?

Good luck with a projects.

Yes you haven't misunderstood me. Even tho we've only released interface patches so far, we aim to do full patch releases (story/quiz/interface).

We've started with Shinobi Ryuu and Wizard's Climber is also high on our priority list.

Afterwards we still have our options out in the open. We may approach Ouzoku/Daisounan/Out Vegetables/Suzukuri Dragon.

We probably won't be picking up Yukioni-ya Onsen-ki (due to bamboo spam...) and we discussed doing the Bunny Black series but our translator isn't exactly a fan of the series and there's also Aroduc's work in progress on those titles (so we're probably skipping BB).

We're open to general suggestions from people regarding our future projects... Our approach is that if the gameplay is good we will consider and look into it :)

And I may as well leave some screenshots here for anyone who's interested in seeing our current interface work on Shinobi Ryuu (this is from older builds, some text has been changed meanwhile - for instance, the extras menu):

ZNsZxTQ.jpg

xU6lkLE.jpg

duhOk3F.jpg

And part of the work in progress:

zyH7Hm5.png

Some of the WIP still has to be properly QC'ed and spell checked but should give an idea :)

I'd like to join as an editor or proofreader. I don't have any experience as an editor or proofreader but I'm quite confident in my English. I'll copy my post from FTL skills registration thread here

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Rilarion
2) Positions you can fill: Editor, proofreader
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: fantasy, action, school, harem, romance (if for some chance an offer comes for LNs I'm willing to accept those too)
4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): On Stand-by for requests
5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Grisaia series, Phantom of Inferno remake (if anyone starts the project)
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl:

-Contributing to the fan-translation community

-Improving and polishing my english

7) Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work):

-No Yaoi

-I'd like to actively keep in touch with the group

I'd like to join as an editor or proofreader. I don't have any experience as an editor or proofreader but I'm quite confident in my English. I'll copy my post from FTL skills registration thread here

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Rilarion

2) Positions you can fill: Editor, proofreader

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: fantasy, action, school, harem, romance (if for some chance an offer comes for LNs I'm willing to accept those too)

4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): On Stand-by for requests

5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Grisaia series, Phantom of Inferno remake (if anyone starts the project)

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl:

-Contributing to the fan-translation community

-Improving and polishing my english

7) Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work):

-No Yaoi

-I'd like to actively keep in touch with the group

On those projects i'll only speak regarding BG0 since it's the one I was playing. Ushoran was translating the story itself and it looks manual translation (even has some translation notes in the text). The interface like item descriptions and such is clearly machine translated.

I've also been away for over one month but last I heard Ushoran was on vacations and was having limited time to translate the game so he stopped after translating the 3rd chapter. He was supposed to keep going tho but I haven't really been following that.

Regarding the screenshots, i'll supply some in a minute (i'll edit this post).

EDIT: Samples from chapter 3:

6cuz4dq.png

NLHq3lw.png

That "dont" though.

It bothers me that I don't see any punctuation marks. :3

Or rather, it seems that commas are set on places where periods should normally be.

The second screenshot bothers me too, since the part "it has been forged with a divine relic" needlessly uses "it", since the subject, "rapier", is already there. I'm also wondering whether "has been" is a better fit than "was", depending on the dialogue. Well, that's just me.

I know that it'll go through QC and editing anyway. But it doesn't hurt to notice some mistakes. :D

All for Eushully!

I dunno the size of the team and/or QC process they do but the result clearly isn't machine translated and while playing the English didn't bother me nor was it confusing to follow the story (unlike what happens with MC). The interface did bother me because of truncated text and/or unclear machine translation xD

I'd love to go and check out how their translation is going, but I don't have the time to do editing.

I would've volunteered you see, but sadly, real life's a burden right now.

I would prefer if they could improve the translation hihi.

Some of us here have high English standards.

It wouldn't hurt to look for editors too. :3

Ahahahaha. I'll wait until the final patch.

Anyway, this might be getting out of hand so if you want to, we can continue this via pm.

The mods will get us if we spam the thread. :D

Agreed and it was going a bit off topic too :)

Anyway, i've updated the first post with more details regarding the progress and some sample images (lacks QC) and i'll try to keep that first post updated with our progress.