Youtube now supports 60fps

Kendjin

But the human eye can't see more than 2 frames per second!!!

Dude... You're insane.

As someone who understands animation, on a somewhat fundamental level. And as someone who's been working on an animation project running at 60 Frames Per second, bro. This couldn't be more wrong. Fucking sticky note animations run faster than 2FPS. If we could only see 2FPS the world would move like a fucking powerpoint presentation,

According to google:

1. Although the human eye and brain can interpret up to 1000 frames per second, someone sitting in a chair and actively guessing at how high a framerate is can, on average, interpet up to about 150 frames per second. The point: 60 fps is not a 'waste'.

And if you're still not convinced. I Made these as examples.

60FPS

The same exact animation, frame for frame in 2FPS

2FPS

But on the topic of YouTube. YAYYY, that project I've been working on can now be enjoyed to it's fullest extent!

Dude... You're insane.

As someone who understands animation, on a somewhat fundamental level. And as someone who's been working on an animation project running at 60 Frames Per second, bro. This couldn't be more wrong. Fucking sticky note animations run faster than 2FPS. If we could only see 2FPS the world would move like a fucking powerpoint presentation,

According to google:

1. Although the human eye and brain can interpret up to 1000 frames per second, someone sitting in a chair and actively guessing at how high a framerate is can, on average, interpet up to about 150 frames per second. The point: 60 fps is not a 'waste'.

And if you're still not convinced. I Made these as examples.

60FPS

The same exact animation, frame for frame in 2FPS

2FPS

But on the topic of YouTube. YAYYY, that project I've been working on can now be enjoyed to it's fullest extent!

(・。・; )

On another note, how many FPS do you believe my GIF is?

Zero. It's a static .jpg >_>

I think Flutterz was being sarcastic. Were you also replying sarcastically? 

I wasn't. Just very passionate about animation.

(・。・; )

Hey, you learn somethin' new everyday man. :>

I mean, I specifically chose a ridiculously low number because I knew someone would take me seriously if I said 24 fps or something.

Well I guess that just shows how stupid I am. Guess I assumed you were serious cause I've met people who actually think like that.

Someone once told me they thought the human eye could only see half a frame per second.

It's popping out of my screen! It's really popping out, it's seriously popping out. Mom, please help me. It's really coming out. Mom.. MOM!

It looks beautiful, everything seems so smooth (even tho there's some lag in between). 

I've never seen anything this smooth before. It's coming! Anime character is coming to life! I don't know about you all, but I'm getting motion sickness after watching the video. Arghh!

If they could support 120/144 hz in the future it would be awesome, I mean framerate isn't solely about our brain being able(or not) of interpreting each and every frame, but it's mostly about the perceived fluidity the content gets at said framerate.