A small temporary favor

As you all know, some forums changes are incoming.

One of the changes involve organisation changes. Some of them have already been taken and some haven't.

Which means some forums and sub-forum are paired together and shouldn't be.

Until now the community hub has been a place for IMPORTANT annoucements or things that concern the ENTIRE community, but I seem to have been slighty mistaken.

The problem is that the community hub is paired with the improvement board.

Some projects, one of mine included are there and for them to reach completion fast and well enough they wouldn't mind not being overshadowed by stuff that doesn't concern the ENTIRE community and isn't an IMPORTANT announcement.

These threads would do as well - and would fit better -in the General discussion forum and could be moved again once the changes have been done whilst not being problematic for others.

It's not a problem for mods, that's why I personnaly beg you to please move/post your threads somewhere else in order to help the improvements board - until the changes come.

Thank you very much in advance. m(_ _)m

Yeah, it is indeed weird to have the Improvement Board listed as a subcategory of Community Hub, given the disparity of the content these categories contain.

Hopefully the Moderating Team can further reorganize the forums soon; but I remember Tay posted that they were halting with changes due to how taxing it was on the site

Just FYI -- Want to say thanks for all the PMs about moving the game FAQs/tech support boards to the VN Talk category. Until the back-end migration is done, I'm probably going to hold off any further forums moves. Every time I do that the forums software has to do a lot of caching and processing, and I don't want to put further strain on the ole' girl.

Also -- Yes, I realize the community hub is locked against starting new topics. This'll be changed soon, but I have to get a few things done, first. 

I sort of agree with you about the pairing the improvement board as a sub-forum of the community hub forum.

However, I don't think putting giveaways/community activities in general discussion will do much in the way to raise the visibility of the improvement board and the threads/projects within. Before the forum reorganization, it wasn't that active of a forum to begin with anyway. Maybe less so now, but the forum will still be behind the community hub regardless of the content of the community hub forum.

However, I don't think putting giveaways/community activities in general discussion will do much in the way to raise the visibility of the improvement board and the threads/projects within.

How do giweaways/"commmunity activities" help the projects on the improvement board when hiding them ?

I'm not going to post on each thread every day so i can get people in because it keeps getting kicked off the front page by stuff which could do as well somewhere else and doesn't particularily fit in the said section.

And it's temporary, you'll put them in the right place when the changes come.

I'll have to agree with nohman that moving the giveaways/community activites to General Discussion for now won't really benefit much and will just be a hassle to move everything back to Community Hub when the time comes.

But the sooner Community Hub and Improvements Board can be separated, the better.

How do giweaways/"commmunity activities" help the projects on the improvement board when hiding them ?

I'm not going to post on each thread every day so i can get people in because it keeps getting kicked off the front page by stuff which could do as well somewhere else and doesn't particularily fit in the said section.

And it's temporary, you'll put them in the right place when the changes come.

I didn't say or imply in any way that the topics in the community hub helped the projects in the improvement board. I can see how it can, in a very small way, be a detriment.

What I was getting at is I don't really think the solution you presented will really have the impact you want it to have. If the main issue with the improvement board's lack of activity is visibility (rather than interest), then it will nevertheless still be a subforum. 

I didn't say or imply in any way that the topics in the community hub helped the projects in the improvement board. I can see how it can, in a very small way, be a detriment.

What I was getting at is I don't really think the solution you presented will really have the impact you want it to have. If the main issue with the improvement board's lack of activity is visibility (rather than interest), then it will nevertheless still be a subforum. 

Well I'd say, a chance of having visibility is better than getting none because of misplaced threads.

And I'd have to disagree with the "how small" you are talking about.

Depends on what people are looking for. 

Well, having it as a non-subforum would certainly improve its visibility, and I could actually get behind that (though whatever Tay says is pretty likely to be correct here)... with that said, I practically only ever browse the view new posts searchpage (also a separate tab for G&C since it's no longer in the new topics list, which is fine mind you) so I'm not sure what other people do.

Anyway, Community Hub is clearly about community stuff, and giveaways and such are certainly not GD material by definition. Listen to the taycasts. It's a pity, and I hope the server move will happen soon...

When the site is ready for Reorganization Round Two, I would like to suggest that the Improvements Board be able to take Game Technical FAQs & Solutions' place in the Fuwanovel Community section (the GTFAQ&S is being considered to move to Visual Novels Discussion section).

This makes so much sense

Having subforums within subforums within subforums is quite confusing and it turns the Community Hub into a desolate place where nobody posts. If the Improvement Board and its subforums became one of Fuwanovel Community's main boards it would likely get much more attention

Edit: However I strongly disagree with moving anything else into GD. Its already pretty cumbersome to monitor and cluttering it further makes no sense

Any other comment about "It's hard to move threads" will be ignored. 

There are 20000 mods on fuwa, i'm sure they can't manage such a task.

The community hub until quite recently wasn't used for "community" games (or community activities to make it more serious) and I don't think it ever was intended to.

Now it's just a mess of unrelated to the community stuff (yes it's unrelated to the community) and important annoucements regarding the forums and such.

I don't mind improvements boards being a subforum of something if it has an actual purpose, but getting kicked because of random stuff... doesn't feel very good.

Stuff like giveaways will be moved to the Lounge whenever it gets created.

When I asked Tay where these threads should go for the time being he said the Community Hub is the most fitting board, currently, and I also personally agree, therefore I won't be moving these until the lounge is created.

And I don't think it hinders the board and is such a bad problem as you seem to make it out to be, it's not just unrelated stuff, things like giveaways are for the whole community in a sense, updates on fuwa also belong on the community hub, I don't really see any huge problem at the moment, the amount of exposure the Improvements Board will get will be virtually the same wether we move these threads or not.

But all this is beyond the point, the community hub, right now, is the correct forum for these threads, according to Tay, and so they will stay there for the time being.

Any other comment about "It's hard to move threads" will be ignored. 

There are 20000 mods on fuwa, i'm sure they can't manage such a task.

The community hub until quite recently wasn't used for "community" games (or community activities to make it more serious) and I don't think it ever was intended to.

Now it's just a mess of unrelated to the community stuff (yes it's unrelated to the community) and important annoucements regarding the forums and such.

I don't mind improvements boards being a subforum of something if it has an actual purpose, but getting kicked because of random stuff... doesn't feel very good.

And I don't think it hinders the board and is such a bad problem as you seem to make it out to be, it's not just unrelated stuff, things like giveaways are for the whole community in a sense,

Every topic in the VN talk forum is for the whole community. Every topic in every forum is too, the risk games are for the whole community, the few avatar groups are all for the community, should we put everything in the community hub ? Gosh, this community is 2 gud it could itself be in the community Hub.

updates on fuwa also belong on the community hub, Good point! 

I don't really see any huge problem at the moment, the amount of exposure the Improvements Board will get will be virtually the same wether we move these threads or not. How so ? Proof ? numbers ? Where does that come from ?

But all this is beyond the point, the community hub, right now, is the correct forum for these threads, according to Tay, and so they will stay there for the time being. Since the path was given, discussion shouldn't be held huh.

Before everyone starts arguing back and forth about the technicalities of what belongs in the Fuwanovel Community section, let's just remember that the core issue here is pretty much that the Improvements Board does not belong as a subforum of the Community Hub.

Band-aiding this issue by moving legitimate Community Hub threads to General Discussion is not really an optimal solution.
(unfortunately for you maefdomn, while in all technicalities you may be right about every topic being "for the community," we'll have to abide by what the Moderating Team has defined to be appropriate for that forum- in this case, the community games and giveaways(they'll move giveaways to the Lounge when it's made). Also, they'll supposedly have a "Leadership Council" that is open to suggestions should you wish to challenge this in the future.)

So yes, as redundant as the word patient may be, it is best to wait for the time the site is ready for another reorganization.

unfortunately for you maefdomn, while in all technicalities you may be right about every topic being "for the community," we'll have to abide by what the Moderating Team has defined to be appropriate for that forum- in this case, the community games and giveaways. They'll supposedly have a "Leadership Council" that is open to suggestions should you wish to challenge this in the future though.

They have defined nothing :/ and things that are appropriate to be in this are based on biased decisions with no root to be taken.

Since common sense doesn't seem to exist here and even when i explain what happened and what Tay himself told me to do I just get silly remarks made, i'm moving 6 threads that actually do get updated into GD (every other hasen't been updated in weeks so i doubt they impose a problem), because i personally don't mind doing it and never did mind i just thought and still do think they impose no huge issue where they used to be.

But apparently this is a terrible issue that's destroying everything so i might as well put a full stop here.

I hope the improvements board now flourishes and becomes the most popular place on fuwa as that seems to be what you expect when these threads are moved.

I personally don't mind either way, but i think there's better solutions you could have proposed, i think the improvement board should be its own separate forum rather than a subforum for example, then it'd get much more exposure like it used to, that'd be a better solution to the general problem than moving threads, but i'm tired and don't want to drag this pointless discussion so there you go, your wish has been granted.

Have a good night.

The site is still going through changes, the community hub doesn't have an explanation of what it does other than "All things fuwanovel" but changes are to come, and movements will be made, that much is already confirmed. So can't you wait for Tay to get things going? This movement would be temporal but so is the current organization of the forums.

@Nosebleed : I'm asking for a small thing which is temporary (before the changes because we all know it's going to take time) which could potentialy greately help and wouldn't ask for much work. 

Is it that annoying to help ?

And yes, I personnaly need that change quickly.

I am however very thankful that in the end you did something to help.

Aside from this request, that "discussion" raised the issue of the content of the community hub.

Since it's a new forum and doesn't serve as a place holder, pointing out the problem was important.

PS : If you have other solutions than waiting, i'd gadly hear them.

And yeah, it was my goal from the beginning to make the improvement boards the most popular place on the entire internet actually.