VN Reading Club - Registration

Kaguya

I am not sure if I will menage to join for November as I have too many things I need to do in it with DA: Inquisition coming up and everything else I had already planed, but I would like to join later December/January, true depending on where do you draw a lines of mount beginning/ending I might menage to join on November too as I don't really have anything planed for the end of November after I finish DA: Inquisition, so I will have last 5-10 days of November for reading a VNs.

True if you plan on choosing nukige titles then count me out.

Though, I would suggest we might create a similar separate thread for those of us who play untranslated, setting the cycles at three months rather than one, since even a moege can take many something like a fifty to a hundred hours when they read it in Japanese (people like me who can read one in ten to twelve hours are rare, to say the least). 

Edit:  Choose a single untranslated VN, linguistic difficulty between 4-7 out of ten, with broad appeal or by an established company that has followers in the community, and have everyone read it at the same time.  I don't think it would be hard to gather seven or eight people to read an untranslated VN in here together...

Surely we should do that.

Discuss the various artists' way of portraying penises, the depth and expertise of the plot that manages to tie up so many sex scenes in a single coherent story, the impact of choosing to display a certain position rather than another.

And the activities too! "Who can fap the most". "Rewrite an h-scene using seafood metaphors".  "Contest of who can fap to an h-scene where all the faces have been replaced by a picture of Scottsune".

Dear, it sounds glorious. Shall we do it?

>looks up Scottsune

Oh dear.

Loving the idea btw. 

Surely we should do that.

Discuss the various artists' way of portraying penises, the depth and expertise of the plot that manages to tie up so many sex scenes in a single coherent story, the impact of choosing to display a certain position rather than another.

And the activities too! "Who can fap the most". "Rewrite an h-scene using seafood metaphors".  "Contest of who can fap to an h-scene where all the faces have been replaced by a picture of Scottsune".

Dear, it sounds glorious. Shall we do it?

Though, I would suggest we might create a similar separate thread for those of us who play untranslated, setting the cycles at three months rather than one, since even a moege can take many something like a fifty to a hundred hours when they read it in Japanese (people like me who can read one in ten to twelve hours are rare, to say the least). 

Edit:  Choose a single untranslated VN, linguistic difficulty between 4-7 out of ten, with broad appeal or by an established company that has followers in the community, and have everyone read it at the same time.  I don't think it would be hard to gather seven or eight people to read an untranslated VN in here together...

Pick and run 2 concurrently, just in case. Groups have died just because a certain VN wasn't appealing to everyone. 3 months of non-participating just because I can't get into the VN is discouraging.E

Edit: I am up for the untranslated group. Hey,  It seems like we have well over 20 names for the main group, and 7 for the unTL'd group. I should have guessed, I think many people are dying for a more social vn reading experience.

I am up for the untranslated group.

Pick and run 2 concurrently, just in case. Groups have died just because a certain VN wasn't appealing to everyone. 3 months of non-participating just because I can't get into the VN is discouraging.

I love this idea and I will join in a soon as I'm ready, maybe a month or two from now.

Brownie points to you, Kaguya. It's great seeing someone who'll take a leadership role to build a community. A social vn experience sounds like a lot of fun.

How is this structured? Are you going to make monthly threads, or a group?

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished reading all the routes of the game yesterday. The game was definitely very fun. I loved the Tonya route the best. I would give the game a solid 8. I don't really have anything lengthy to write because I can't find the right words :) Oh yeah and I loved the bgm and art of this game.