AX in california?

jeffhwang

Ill be in Japan from May 15th to July 24th. Going to my wife's families home outside of Tottori, NW of Kyoto. Anniversary gift LONG overdue. Been planning forever and with my health finally better we already made arrangements. So cannot wait.

Im going to be BROKE when i get back but my wife deserves it.

Ooh yes, I'm planning on going! :)/>

:o are you going all 4 days?

I'm in california...

only I'm poor and not actually in socal

:|

lol me too but ive been saving up for the whole year

Ill be in Japan from May 15th to July 24th. Going to my wife's families home outside of Tottori, NW of Kyoto. Anniversary gift LONG overdue. Been planning forever and with my health finally better we already made arrangements. So cannot wait.

Im going to be BROKE when i get back but my wife deserves it.

ryoji thats great haha is your wife japanese? but its okay if youre broke at least you are spending it for a good cause :P

im going all 4 days but my friend is only goin 2 :( everyone from fuwan should wear something to signal to everyone else from fuwan haha

Really? I'm going on all 4 days as well! I love how cheap the 4-day ticket is compared to the other tickets LOL

Yes she is Japanese. My Father was Japanese and my Mother was Irish.

My real name is Ryoji ;)

Wow, that's interesting! I saw your pictures in one of the other threads and you didn't look half at all xD Guess you got more of your mother's genes :lol:

Since I live in LA this has been one of those things I feel like I should go to.

Yeah, same here. I've lived in LA for most of my life (thus far) and haven't been to AX yet.

If by 'ax' you mean the anime convention or whatever in san jose, I'll likely be going there with people from my school. Would be my first time going so I need to figure out the logistics first though.

It's in LA actually & this year will also be my first year attending :) Are you planning on booking a hotel?

Hmm, my cousins live in LA actually

but my family (cause of job) went to norcal

my brother is now in LA but idk if he'd be interested in AX anyways

So I'm asking my parents if we're going to be down in LA during that time (or if we can be/whatever)

so it quite possibly might mean that I could be attending AX + visiting cousins during that time

if not, maybe "eventually once I move out" ._.

:D

HOPEFULLY SEE YOU GUYS THERE

(even though I don't know how we're going to signify we're from fuwanovel there or something..

maybe post in this topic once we know how everything's going to be set up... and then select a meeting place somewhere/whatever? lul)

(that said I doooooooooo want to go, idk if I can atm though T_____T )

Hmmmm, about the meeting thing. Maybe we could have a secret phrase or something? Or just wear a name tag or something with our handle name LOL.

well.

conventions are big

unless you're planning to try to stare down everyone's front to see if they have a nametag with a handle that you might recognize from a forum... well even then it'll be probably really hard

and secret phrase sounds funny, but in reality are you going to randomly walk up to people and say it... all the time you walk around? :P

(from what I get the feeling of, the place is big.)

(that said I doooooooooo want to go, idk if I can atm though T_____T )

well.

conventions are big

unless you're planning to try to stare down everyone's front to see if they have a nametag with a handle that you might recognize from a forum... well even then it'll be probably really hard

and secret phrase sounds funny, but in reality are you going to randomly walk up to people and say it... all the time you walk around? :P

(from what I get the feeling of, the place is big.)

From what I heard (and from what their official site claims) it is "the largest anime and manga convention in North America." I'm pretty psyched. I've always wanted to go to an anime convention and piss away money like there's no tomorrow. My only beef with AX though is that their guest of honor lists don't come out as early as I'd like them to (I visit their site a lot, even if I'm not going that year). I mean I'd like to know beforehand if any of my favorite seiyuu are gonna be there so I know whether or not I wanna buy a ticket LOL.

And the only other option I can think of for the meetup thing is wearing shirts that say "Fuwanovel" or something.

:o we should all totally meet up I like this idea haha so we are all around friendly faces :D I only went there once and it was really expensive also in ax there are a lot of hentai doujinshi booths but I think the coolest part was also seeing all the cosplay

I was really frustrated at my friend cause he went to the Lisa concert and got an autographed cd from her haha

For first timers I suggest bringing 500$+ cause we are goin to be spending a lot of money haha

• 1 month later...

Yes she is Japanese. My Father was Japanese and my Mother was Irish.

My real name is Ryoji ;)/>/>/>

I'm half as well. I'm yonsei, how 'bout you?

Also, I want to go to the LA anime con. I've been to Youmacon (which is in Detroit) twice. Is the LA convention really that great?

and as for a meetup, I'd say the best thing for you guys to do would be to get a schedule of the place as soon as you possibly can, mark a place on the map and meet at that place at the designated time. That way you can make sure that you guys aren't going to miss too many panels as well as make time for talking/planning on what panels you might want to see together. As for identification... well maybe if you're cosplaying you can tell people what you're cosplaying as.

• 2 weeks later...