Upcoming Video Games: News, Trailers and More

Stray Cat

Doubt it'll be much in SP.

That said, I'm normally not all that interested in World Wars or historical shit, but I wonder how they're gonna tackle the Ottomans. Might check it out a few years later. Same goes for the new CoD if it DOES take place in space as I think I heard.

Probably everyone knows by now, but Persona 5 will be released on September 15th in Japan. 

New (godlike) trailer as well:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Total War: Warhammer is the fastest selling Total War game, selling half a million copies on the first day.

That's half a million people forgetting why it's best to stay away from Total War games for at least a couple of months after release.  May God have mercy on their souls. Otherwise this game is a must buy -> Total War + Warhammer ... what could possibly go wrong? :S

1 hour ago, Rooke said:

Total War: Warhammer is the fastest selling Total War game, selling half a million copies on the first day.

That's half a million people forgetting why it's best to stay away from Total War games for at least a couple of months after release.  May God have mercy on their souls. Otherwise this game is a must buy -> Total War + Warhammer ... what could possibly go wrong? :S

Except for the release problem of needing to launch it on offline mode, the game has almost no issues.

And the game is indeed incredibly good. It's ironic that going out of historical mode has solved some of the problems that the franchise had.

3 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

So... the new Phoenix Wright won't come to the West... huh...

Phoenix Wright 6 is coming to the west it's the one in between dual destinies and six that is having circumstances preventing localization of Great Ace Attorney. 

31 minutes ago, Jibril said:

I just discovered this trailer and I swear I have never been so hyped for a JRPG before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EKKW2g1gP0

Really? I can't help but let out a doubtful yawn. Revenge story, she'll meet some people that will moderate her trauma, she'll end up getting justice but not in a "I'm super vengeful and wanna see the world burn" way. Am I alone thinking that the story sounds super cliche?

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

Really? I can't help but let out a doubtful yawn. Revenge story, she'll meet some people that will moderate her trauma, she'll end up getting justice but not in a "I'm super vengeful and wanna see the world burn" way. Am I alone thinking that the story sounds super cliche?

I admit that I'm biased in hype because it's probably the first time I saw a sexy edgy female MC in a JRPG high fantasy setting. Super cliche true but I just haven't seen it before.... wait.... I never saw this setting before so does that makes it cliche or not? :marie:

1 minute ago, Jibril said:

I admit that I'm biased in hype because it's probably the first time I saw a sexy edgy female MC in a JRPG high fantasy setting. Super cliche true but I just haven't seen it before.... wait.... I never saw this setting before so does that makes it cliche or not? :marie:

It does make it cliche... it's just that you are an uncultured swine! :pyaa: It's just the traditional tale of revenge.

You are just in for the sexy edge female, you lil you. Guess they'll settle for a cliche game that sells, even though they are quite an established franchise already.

11 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

It does make it cliche... it's just that you are an uncultured swine! :pyaa: It's just the traditional tale of revenge.

You are just in for the sexy edge female, you lil you. Guess they'll settle for a cliche game that sells, even though they are quite an established franchise already.

Yes! They're also breaking the twenty year trope of male MCs with Berseria being the first Tales of game with direct sole female MC or so I've heard. Their advertisements are smart too so they've definitely got me sold on their game when it's releasing on steam early 2017.

Also because it's a prequel to Zestiria that I'm still playing so add that to the many biased that gets me hype. It's all biased and the story probably wouldn't even be too special but I don't care!!! :sacchan:

46 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

I generally prefer female MCs over male MCs in my RPGs, but they're so ridiculously rare that I'm excited about this one in spite of a cliche story. A thoughtful, determined, Yona-esque MC would be amazing, but a sexy edge female MC is fine too.

Same here, particularly in VNs where gender doesn't matter. Say it's WoW or NWN, then you can create your own and you know you will be looking at that character for hours (possibly mainly the rear), which makes male orcs a worse choice than say a female elf.

5 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I generally prefer female MCs over male MCs in my RPGs, but they're so ridiculously rare that I'm excited about this one in spite of a cliche story. A thoughtful, determined, Yona-esque MC would be amazing, but a sexy edge female MC is fine too.

Femshep, anyone? 

3 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Femshep, anyone? 

Femshep is objectively 5 times superior to maleshep strictly because, and I really hate to say this, of the voice acting. When I play maleshep I have to mute his monotone arse, it's quite the annoyance, whereas femshep comes with a great variety of tone to fit every situation. I can leave the volume on when I play her, so I only play her. Unfortunately you can't romance Tali as her, but c'est la vie.

1 hour ago, Rooke said:

Femshep is objectively 5 times superior to maleshep strictly because, and I really hate to say this, of the voice acting. When I play maleshep I have to mute his monotone arse, it's quite the annoyance, whereas femshep comes with a great variety of tone to fit every situation. I can leave the volume on when I play her, so I only play her. Unfortunately you can't romance Tali as her, but c'est la vie.

Jennifer Hale won three times the best voice actress title, not for nothing if you know her. 

Latest SAO Hollow Realization trailer, unTLed tho 

Will admit it actually looks, uh, pretty and polished, esp. compared to Hollow Fragment and Lost Song. Seems to combine the best elements of them, too. Third time's the charm? :kosame:

Still no definite NA/EU release date though, just good ol' "coming this Fall"

3 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Will admit it actually looks, uh, pretty and polished, esp. compared to Hollow Fragment and Lost Song. Seems to combine the best elements of them, too. Third time's the charm? :kosame:

Still no definite NA/EU release date though, just good ol' "coming this Fall"

I don't want to nitpick but... it's technically the fourth game in the series... :sachi:

I think a good SAO game only happens with an actual Nerve Gear.... still hoping for 2022!