Upcoming Video Games: News, Trailers and More

Stray Cat

• 3 weeks later...

So NoA localization practices seem to consist of cutting out content entirely from the game

Along with that, there's rumors going around about not including dual-audio, a feature that was present in Awakening.

You'd think they would give people the choice to use an optional feature, but apparently that's not the case. Pretty disappointing.

58 minutes ago, Maxel said:

"You ain't gonna believe this" - Rocky Balboa

http://store.steampowered.com/app/413410/

Danganronpa will be released tomorrow, featuring:

• 4K resolution support
  • 60 FPS
  • Up to 16x MSAA
  • V-Sync

Here's the Launcher:

y5EoIvm.png

UeND7XS.png

GET HYPED BOYS!

AWWWWWWWW FUCKING YISSSSSSSSS

Much more hyped for the second game's port though, since I'll finally get my best friend to experience Komaeda's greatness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New trailer for Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma

And a description of the demo:

The demo we watched started with Sigma locked to a chair while Zero monologued at him. Phi was next to him locked inside an incinerator. Diana stood between them and had to make the choice.

The cutscenes are in 3D, with a moving camera and actual in-game objects. The gun next to Sigma’s chair has 3 live rounds and three blanks. If Diana pulls the trigger it’ll shut down the incinerator whether or not the bullet is live, but she has a 50/50 chance of killing Sigma. In 3 minutes, the incinerator will start and kill Phi. If Diana pulls the trigger, the door will open but Sigma has a 50/50 chance of dying.

They decided to pull the trigger and told us it’s completely random what happens - they actually don’t know how it would turn out. The game calculates the odds each time. In this case, the bullet is a blank, Sigma lives and Phi is also saved from the incinerator. They say some of the choices throughout the game will have randomness like that. “When he says he doesn’t know how it’s gonna end, he means it.”

They ran the scene again and this time Sigma died from a live bullet. They swear it really is random.

And some info:

It’ll be out June 28 for Vita and 3DS. The game will hit Steam, too, but there’s no release date there yet. There will be dual audio: you can switch between English and Japanese at will.

whudlliqqit2lcikztrl.jpg

• Nothing official yet, but the team slyly hinted that the first two games might make it to Steam in the near future as well.
  • As you probably know if you’re a Zero Escape fan, this one is set at the mysterious Mars testing facility where... things happened. Presumably it’ll take place directly after Virtue’s Last Reward, even though it’s set decades in the past. If you’ve played the games, you’ll get it.
  • The nine characters are Phi, Sigma, Akane, Junpei, and five newcomers: Diana (mentioned in VLR), Carlos, Eric, Mira, and... a little boy with a big helmet named Q. HMMM. These characters be separated into three different squads, and you’ll be able to switch between the teams as you play through the story. Each team is trapped in a specific ward of the facility, where they’ve gotta figure out how to escape.
  • The developers say the story will be told through cinematics; there’s no more lengthy prose. All of the dialogue will be voiced. “You can play the game without reading,” they say. They’re also trying to make it as accessible as possible to people who haven’t played the first two games.
  • Here’s the main gimmick, as described by Kirk: “The narrative trick is that every 90 minutes, a drug is injected from the watches everyone’s wearing that causes them to wake up and lose all their memories. The story can be played out of chronological order thanks to this mechanic, so you start from a ‘floating fragment’ screen that shows you the various scenes in the story.”
  • As you complete each fragment, you’ll see how they fit into a larger narrative chart that you can uncover as you play.
  • Make sense? No? That’s the idea. Explains Kirk: “The characters don’t know where they are in the timeline, and neither does the player. When you complete a segment it goes into the larger decision tree, which tells you where it actually happens in the story. So the idea is, you play a fragment, the fragment plays out, then you go back out to the floating fragment screen and it shows you where the thing you just played fits into the narrative flow. You might start a fragment and see only two characters, but not yet know how the third died. Then you’ll play the earlier fragment later, and learn what happened.”
  • There’s a Zero, of course. This one’s got a weird gothic beak mask. And of course, he’ll make your characters try to kill one another. They’ve all got watches and have to murder one another in order to obtain the passwords that will let them escape the facility. Sound familiar?

• 1 month later...

I'm cautiously hyped.  For some reason I get the feeling from the Steam page (store.steampowered.com/app/285190/) that the single player campaign is going to be just slapped on.  I hope not since the campaigns have been what I liked about the previous Dawn of Wars.

58 minutes ago, finiteHP said:

I'm cautiously hyped.  For some reason I get the feeling from the Steam page (store.steampowered.com/app/285190/) that the single player campaign is going to be just slapped on.  I hope not since the campaigns have been what I liked about the previous Dawn of Wars.

Indeedy. They usually felt quite immersive on the Wh 40K world, which is super cool.

There are more news about Dawn of war 3.

-There will only be three factions : the Blood ravens (space marines), the orks and the eldars, characters from the previous games are also coming back.

-There will be 3 campaigns, each one featuring one of the factions.

-Base building and huge, HUGE units, the game is descrived as a mix between DOW I and II...but bigger, better, faster, stronger.

-so far, we saw 3 screenshots...and they aren't really that good, they graphically sucks, and i hope it's just some gameplay artwork or really work in progress (Well, Company of heroes 2 was gorgeous, why wouldn't DOW 3 be? )

FINALLY!  A modern FPS that isn't set in the future.  Good on DICE and, ugh...EA...for actually doing what people want this time around.  I hope CoD finally bites the bullet or is forced to actually innovate for once in 9 years instead of rehashing the same dreck over and over again in a slightly different skin.

Also, obligatory GIF:

Spoiler

I'm actually interested in this one, but knowing EA, I'll be waiting for the bundled base game + season pass to buy it because EA is EA  :makina:  Still really hyped, though.  I'm a major World War buff and can't get enough of this stuff.

2 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

FINALLY!  A modern FPS that isn't set in the future.  Good on DICE and, ugh...EA...for actually doing what people want this time around.  I hope CoD finally bites the bullet or is forced to actually innovate for once in 9 years instead of rehashing the same dreck over and over again in a slightly different skin.

I'm actually interested in this one, but knowing EA, I'll be waiting for the bundled base game + season pass to buy it because EA is EA  :makina:  Still really hyped, though.  I'm a major World War buff and can't get enough of this stuff.

Well, fantastic. Seems I'll be able to play FPS's other than the original few CoD and Battlefield games.

Edit: Though, truth be told, I just prefer the World War setting. I actually don't dislike the newer games too much, it's just that I've never played them. If I'm going to be forking over 60 euros for an FPS, it might as well be in a setting I'll enjoy in single player.