Upcoming Video Games: News, Trailers and More

Stray Cat

Normally I don't actually do much nostalgia gaming, but I'm making an exception for the Rare Replay collection on Xbox One when it comes out in August.

Not for Banjo Kazooie. Not for Conker's Bad Fur Day. For freaking Blast Corps. Blast Corps is the most perfect game ever created. It has no sequel because it didn't need a sequel; it was whole and perfect from the day it was released. I am so very excited for this.

Wait wait wait... Toukiden just came out on Steam!? Was this a thing people knew would happen? All of the sudden Steam has a Monster Hunter clone hunting game. Can you play it online? If you can that would be the most amazing thing ever. An action hunting game on Steam. Whoever figured that one out is a genius and I want to buy this now. Anyone else?

Wait wait wait... Toukiden just came out on Steam!? Was this a thing people knew would happen? All of the sudden Steam has a Monster Hunter clone hunting game. Can you play it online? If you can that would be the most amazing thing ever. An action hunting game on Steam. Whoever figured that one out is a genius and I want to buy this now. Anyone else?

Nihon devs are porting all their games on PC. 

Just so you guys know, there's a flash sale going on PSN right now.

SAO - $14

Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth1 - $6

Tales of Hearts R - $14

Mind Zero - $10

Monster Monpiece - $4

Soul Sacrifice - $4.50

and more~

I think I'll be getting the Tales of Hearts R game  ^_^

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/30/disney-magical-world-2-teaser-revealed-for-nintendo-3ds/

AHH

AHHHHHHHHH!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

What's that the greatest game ever invented is going to have a sequel? Why yes I WOULD like to buy a 3DS again now, thank you for asking. A game where I can invite Disney characters to my cafe that I've decked out in their honor and hear them tell me how delicious the them-shaped cakes I have made are? Why yes please, I'll take a dozen.

Rabid fanboyism aside anyone who is even a passing fan of Disney should try the first game and should be hyped for the second. All I ask is more characters, and I don't doubt they'll do it.

(... though I was pretty miffed that their 'Aristocats' DLC was almost 100% Marie stuff. I named my cafe Berlioz in protest)

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth coming to North America PS4, PS Vita in 2016.

Even if it's digital only, I'll probably still be getting it day one.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-coming-north-america-ps4-ps-vita-2016

Makes sense that they would bring it over. That game blew everyone`s mind over here when it came out, and it had like 300 positive reviews on Amazon.co.jp (a place normally notorious for whiny ragey fanboys giving petty one-star reviews for minor flaws) within a week of its release. If I had to pick the thing I liked best about it, I`d say it was definitely the graphics and how lovingly every single Digimon was rendered. The digimon, their movements and their attacks just look so good the battles just breeze by because of all the eye candy.

Anyway I heartily recommend this game and I think it`s a great thing to look forward to.

Also:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/02/tales-of-symphonia-hd-announced-for-pc/

PC is suddenly getting ALL the JRPGs. ALL of them.

Makes sense that they would bring it over. That game blew everyone`s mind over here when it came out, and it had like 300 positive reviews on Amazon.co.jp (a place normally notorious for whiny ragey fanboys giving petty one-star reviews for minor flaws) within a week of its release. If I had to pick the thing I liked best about it, I`d say it was definitely the graphics and how lovingly every single Digimon was rendered. The digimon, their movements and their attacks just look so good the battles just breeze by because of all the eye candy.

Anyway I heartily recommend this game and I think it`s a great thing to look forward to.

Also:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/02/tales-of-symphonia-hd-announced-for-pc/

PC is suddenly getting ALL the JRPGs. ALL of them.

This makes me happy, this was the most clamored-for localization for Vita alongside (IIRC) Gods Eater 2 Burst (or was it Burst 2? w/e). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...