WAS ~ The Hourglass of Lepidoptera~ Kickstarter

BookwormOtaku

Mmm... more likely it is a parallel project.  I'd support this, because it seems interesting...  unfortunately, my entertainment budget for the next three months is completely tied up in replacing certain unfortunately damaged items...

Mmm... more likely it is a parallel project.  I'd support this, because it seems interesting...  unfortunately, my entertainment budget for the next three months is completely tied up in replacing certain unfortunately damaged items...

No, I mean Kickstarter campaigns. The Grisaia kickstarter campaign is supposed to begin next month.

Looks like it could be interesting... does this have a different name in Japanese? Having trouble finding any info about it outside of the Kickstarter / announcements about the Kickstarter.

Edit: Found it on vndb and EGS:  http://vndb.org/v16169  /   http://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero/toukei_kaiseki/game.php?game=21138

Not sure who's translating it, but I'm kind of worried if the original creators are doing the translating themselves... while the English on the Kickstarter is pretty good, on their webpage they don't even spell their own company name consistently in English (Spacetime Research Laboratory, S.R.L.) :  http://i.imgur.com/94fEX91.png

Obviously Sekai Project is translating it.

Nah, I asked over on r/visualnovels, dovac said "They brought onboard their own translator that they vetted. We're assisting them in marketing and shipping physical goods. As well as getting their games up on western platforms."

So SRL's hiring a dedicated translator.

I was going to say that I wasn't all that hot about the translator they brought on board (I think we all know that jp companies suck at picking them), but if he did the images most of them are actually on the good side if not expertly written. I have a feeling SP likely demanded them to be translated in a rush though, as is their wont... "Lately, she starts to think that Tadayoshi is Rosary's prince"  and not tling "Zaibatsu" are things though #nitpicking

As for back-to-back or even parallel KS with Grisaia, here's my take on it from blog comments:

Everyone seems to consider Grisaia pretty much certain to be funded to full trilogy level; this might actually be a business move to make people buy the more expensive tiers of this and ultimately spend more money on this and Grisaia's KS combined. Still, Grisaia's KS is coming mid or late november, eh...

Everyone seems to consider Grisaia pretty much certain to be funded to full trilogy level; this might actually be a business move to make people buy the more expensive tiers of this and ultimately spend more money on this and Grisaia's KS combined. Still, Grisaia's KS is coming mid or late november, eh...

Sounds logic in my opinion. Sekai probably know that Grisaia is one of the most popular fantranslated VNs. So give the readers the possibility of translating the whole trilogy they would probably throw money on Sekai. 

But how long is WAS - The hourglass of lepidoptera? the kickstarter only said it was a total amount of 120 CGs. I compared that to Grisaia which got a total of over 500 CGs. So I assume this game is in the 2 - 10 hour branch? 

• 3 weeks later...