Fate/Stay Night

Tay

Ovfb3qH.jpg
Fate/Stay Night

The Holy Grail War. That hellish, great ritual that offers the ultimate prize for the one who claims it: a wish. There are two conditions to participate: one must be a magus (magic user), and one must be chosen by the Holy Grail to participate.

There are seven chosen Masters, and seven classes of Servants. Only one master may seize the grail.

This is the story of a boy who wanted to be a superhero. It's the story of three warring families. It's the story of an ultimate prize and ultimate sacrifice.

OVERALL ENDING GUIDE *(Read!)*

Spoiler

Fate/Stay Night encompasses four separate stories:

• The Prologue
  • "Fate" Route
  • "Unlimited Blade Works" Route
  • "Heaven's Feel" Route

The four routes must be played in the order listed above, as each unlocks the next one on the list (Prologue--> Fate--> UBW--> HF). There is therefore a forced route progression, but thankfully each route presents a different tale, reveals new secrets (and answers) to the mysteries of the story, and (arguably) raises the stakes on the outcome of your actions.

FSN is well-known for its cornucopia of bad endings. The routes detailed below will faithfully lead you to the "True" or "Good" endings of each route (Note: both the Prologue and Fate route have only one ending).

This guide will provide a spoiler-minimalized walkthrough for each of the three routes. During the story, if a choice does not directly affect the final outcome of the route (example: good/true/bad ends), I will simply notate it as "Your Choice." The content of the game will vary based on what you choose (certain flags will/won't be raised, etc.), but so long as you follow the key choices I note, you will arrive at your chosen ending. If you're interested in planning the consequences of these "Your Choice" options, please refer to the flowchart.pdf in the FSN directory (courtesy of Mirror Moon, the translators responsible for our amazing English patch).

Fate Route Ending Guide

Spoiler

There is only one ending to the Fate route. (But beware the multitude of bad endings!)

Unlimited Blade Works Route Ending Guide

Spoiler

Unlimited Blade Works has two possible ending scenarios based on the choices you made throughout the story:

• the True ending - or the way the author's officially end the UBW story
  • the "Good" End - or the scenario the author deemed "happiest" for the characters

Heaven's Feel Route Ending Guide

Spoiler

Heaven's Feel has two possible ending scenarios based on the choices you made throughout the story:

• the True ending - or the way the author's officially end the HF story. Note: While controversial, a strong case can be made that either this or the Fate route are considered the work's true, "canon" endings. A huge population, however, wishes a fig on both their houses, and chooses their own canon. ; ) Be a filter, not a sponge.
  • the two "Neutral" Endings - These "neutral" endings are interesting specimens. We don't have a lot of commentary on them. Note: Their canonical value is put into question by F/SN HA (the sequel to FSN)

Individual Walkthroughs

PROLOGUE

Spoiler

Read through the prologue. You'll follow a female narrator through a short preparatory story which will set the stage for the tale to come. The prologue should initiate when you first start the game.

8467459738_25d93fe88c_o.jpg

FATE ROUTE

Spoiler

*** Between Day 1 and Day 14, you must accumulate at least 6 Saber points to finish this route. Saber points will be noted throughout the walkthrough, and highlighted in red.

DAY ONE
1. Your Choice
2. Your Choice
3. Your Choice

DAY TWO
There may or may not be two choices offered to you. This depending on whether or not you were Sakura-focused on Day one. In both optional cases, the answers are up to you (non-plot decisive).

DAY THREE
1. (May not show up if this is the first time you're playing the game) Don't stop her.
2. Fight ("Revoke" leads to Bad Ending/Tiger Dojo 1)
3. Save her ("Run" leads to Bad Ending/Tiger Dojo 2)

DAY FOUR*
1. Your Choice
2. Cooperate
3. Your Choice (
"Where did you get those clothes?" leads to +1 Saber Point)

*If your first choice on Day 4 was to go to Shinto or Secure the Neighborhood, you've accidentally stumbled into the Heaven's Feel route. This generally can't happen unless you've already unlocked HF (or are playing on a computer/port that has HF pre-unlocked). If you don't want to continue on the HF route (I'd strongly recommend you play the Fate > UBW > HF order), you'll need to start a new game and make non-Sakura-centric choices until Day four.

DAY FIVE
1. Your Choice
2. Your Choice

DAY SIX
1. Your Choice
2. Don't Fight ("Fight" leads to Tiger Dojo 3)

DAY SEVEN
1. Your Choice (
Asking about before Saber before she became a servant will give you +1 Saber Point) (Asking about her reason for fighting and why she seeks the holy grail will give you +2 Saber Points)

DAY EIGHT
1. You will only get two of the following three options:
- Want to know about Saber Before she became a servant (
+1 Saber Point)
- Want to know why Saber is fighting (+2 Saber Points)
- Super Move (No Saber Points)
2. Your Choice ("Go Straight Home" gives you +1 Saber Point)
3. Your Choice

DAY NINE
1. Your Choice
2. Your Choice
3. I can't match her ("Beat Her" leads to Tiger Dojo 4)

4. Either ("If I can..." or "Summon") will work. "Summon" gives you +2 Saber points. ("No, I can't" leads to Tiger Dojo 5)

DAY TEN
1. Follow ("Wait" leads to Tiger Dojo 6)
2. Your Choice (
"Run to" will give you +2 Saber Points)

DAY ELEVEN
1. I can't do that ("I'll have to do that" leads to Tiger Dojo 7)

2. Your Choice ("I must fight/First move" will give you +1 Saber Point)
3. Your Choice ("Worried about Saber" will give you +1 Saber Point)
4. Your Choice
5. Don't Use It ("Only Option" leads to Tiger Dojo
8 )

DAY TWELVE
1. Your Choice
2. Your Choice
3. Your Choice

DAY THIRTEEN
1. Go with Saber ("Split Up" leads to Tiger Dojo 9)
2. Believe in her ("Let Saber" leads to Tiger Dojo 9)
3. Don't do it! ("She's got it" leads to Tiger Dojo 10)

DAY FOURTEEN
1. Stand Up ("Don't stand" leads to Tiger Dojo 11)

DAY FIFTEEN*
1. Down the Stairs ("Go back home" leads to Tiger Dojo 12)
2. Your Choice
3. Strategy Meeting (other options lead to Tiger Dojo 14)
4. Give Saber her sheath (other options lead to Tiger Dojo 14)

*You need at LEAST 5 Saber points in order to survive Day 15. If you lack the 5 points, you'll go to Tiger Dojo 13.

Congratulations! Your heart is probably a little broken (in a happy way), and you've seen a glimpse of how wonderful, deep and epic the rest of the story will be. Congrats on finishing the Fate route.  

hg2XqMI.jpg

UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS - "TRUE" ROUTE

Spoiler

To reach the "True" Route, you need to watch two values: Rin Points and Saber Points. The "True" Route requires you to have MORE THAN 8 Rin points, and LESS THAN 4 Saber points at a key moment on Day 16. Saber Points will be highlighted in Red (like in the Fate Route), and Rin Points will be highlighted in green

If you're not big into counting flags, here's my suggestion (and my personal style): What this requirement boils down to is that the True UBW route is Rin-centric. If you play with Rin as your focus, you'll pretty much safely find this route.

** NOTE: There are actually two ways to enter the UBW route. The main way is on Day 3, and it is this route we'll follow in the guide below. Some unique choices/scenes do occur if you take the alternate route into UBW. A short section detailing the alternate route can be found just after Day 3's decision guide below.

**VERY IMPORTANT: You must have at least 2 Rin Points by the start of Day 12 of UBW

DAY ONE
1. Your Choice
2. Your Choice
3. Your Choice

DAY TWO
There may or may not be two choices offered to you. This depending on whether or not you were Sakura-focused on Day one. In both optional cases, the answers are up to you (non-plot decisive).

DAY THREE*
1. Stop her. (This decision transfers you onto the UBW route)

2. Either "Follow them" or "Stay Here." ("Do as Tohsaka Said" leads to Tiger Dojo 15)
3. If you chose "Follow Them" in decision #2 above, you can choose either option (though "Bring Back" give 
+1 Saber Point, and +1 Rin Point); If you chose "Stay Here" in #2 above, you need to choose "Head to the Graveyard" ("Don't Go" will send you to Tiger Dojo 15)

*The alternate route into UBW requires you to make the following choices on Day 3: "Don't Stop Her", "Fight", "Save Saber"; and on Day 4: (Your choice, but "Ask about yesterday" will get you +1 Rin Point), "...I'm sorry, but I can't."
* After that, you can move on and join the guide at the Day 4 decision guides, like normal. Note that some additional scenes/choices will be available at various parts of UBW which otherwise wouldn't be available.

DAY FOUR*
1. Your Choice

DAY FIVE
1. Your Choice ("I'll go see how Saber's doing" will give you 
+1 Saber Point)
2. Jump to hallway ("Jump to the Stairs" leads you to Tiger Dojo 16)
3. Your Choice ("Can I hand her my command spell?" will SUBTRACT a Rin Point (-1 Rin Point)) ("Can I admit defeat against her?" will give you +1 Rin Point)
4. Your Choice, but not "Use the Command Spell" (which will send you to Tiger Dojo 17)
5. Your Choice

DAY SIX
1. Your Choice

DAY SEVEN
1. Your Choice
2. Your Choice ("Use the Command Spell to Call For Saber" will give you 
+2 Rin Points)

DAY EIGHT
1. It'll be pointless, don't ask ("I guess I'll ask" will lead you to Tiger Dojo 18)

2. Your Choice ("Meat's on Sale, buy for Saber" will give you +1 Saber Point) ("Worried About Sakura, go to Matou" will give you +1 Rin Point)

DAY NINE
1. Your Choice ("I guess that's the only option" will give you 
+1 Rin Point)
2. Protect Tohsaka ("Help Saber" will take you to Tiger Dojo 19)

DAY TEN
1. Your Choice ("Talk to Saber" will give you
 +1 Saber Point) ("Talk to Tohsaka" will give you +1 Rin Point)

DAY ELEVEN
1.Your Choice (If you chose to make Japanese Food/Take it out on the culprit, you'll get a second choice in the next scene. That choice is also a "Your Choice")
2. Refuse ("Obey" leads to Tiger Dojo 20)

DAY TWELVE*
1. Meet up with Tohsaka (If you have less than
 2 Rin points, you wont get this option, and you'll ultimately go to Tiger Dojo 21) (If you choose "Go to the Church for Advise", you'll similarly ultimately end up at Tiger Dojo 21) (Both of these paths have an option before the Tiger Dojo, but all of those choices still lead to the bad end)
2. Not yet, I can't act so recklessly ("I'll go out. I can give Tohsaka an opening..." will lead to Tiger Dojo 22)
3. Your Choice

*You MUST HAVE at least 2 Rin Points to survive Day 12

DAY THIRTEEN
1. Your Choice
2. Stop the man (choosing "Restrain myself" will ultimately lead to Tiger Dojo 23)
3. Either "I don't mind, but under one condition" (which gives you 
+1 Rin Point), or "...All Right". ("I refuse" will lead you to Tiger Dojo 23)

DAY FOURTEEN
1. Your Choice

DAY FIFTEEN
1. Your Choice ("Think" will give you 
+1 Rin Point) ("Go Over Strategy with Tohsaka" will give you +2 Rin Points) ("Check Up On Saber" will give you +1 Saber Point)

DAY SIXTEEN
*During the story of day 16, your total Rin and Saber points are calculated. If your Saber Points are 4+, and your Rin Points are less than 8, then you will get the "Good" end. Otherwise, you'll get the "True" end. Regardless of which path you get, you'll need to make the following choice:
1. "No way, I can't!" ("I'll at least take him..." will take you to Tiger Dojo 24)

UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS - "GOOD" ROUTE

Spoiler

Reaching the "Good" route requires you attention to two values: Rin Points and Saber Points. The "Good" route requires you to have AT LEAST 4 Saber points, and LESS THAN 7 Rin Points at a key moment on Day 16. Saber Points will be highlighted in Red (like in the Fate Route), and Rin Points will be highlighted in green.

If you're not big into counting flags, here's my suggestion (and my personal style): What this requirement boils down to is that you play UBW with a focus still on Saber. Watch your choices, skew them to her (and other characters, away from Rin), and you'll get this ending pretty easily. If possible, however, consider jotting down and keeping track of your point values just in case.

** NOTE: There are actually two ways to enter the UBW route. The main way is on Day 3, and it is this route we'll follow in the guide below. Some unique choices/scenes do occur if you take the alternate route into UBW. A short section detailing the alternate route can be found just after Day 3's decision guide below.

**VERY IMPORTANT: You must have at least 2 Rin Points by the start of Day 12 of UBW

DAY ONE
1. Your Choice
2. Your Choice
3. Your Choice

DAY TWO

DAY THREE*
1. Stop her. (This decision transfers you onto the UBW route)
2. Either "Follow them" or "Stay Here." ("Do as Tohsaka Said" leads to Tiger Dojo 15)
3. If you chose "Follow Them" in decision #2 above, you can choose either option (though "Bring Back" give 
+1 Saber Point, and +1 Rin Point); If you chose "Stay Here" in #2 above, you need to choose "Head to the Graveyard" ("Don't Go" will send you to Tiger Dojo 15)

*The alternate route into UBW requires you to make the following choices on Day 3: "Don't Stop Her", "Fight", "Save Saber"; and on Day 4: (Your choice, but "Ask about yesterday" will get you +1 Rin Point), "...I'm sorry, but I can't."
* After that, you can move on and join the guide at the Day 4 decision guides, like normal. Note that some additional scenes/choices will be available at various parts of UBW which otherwise wouldn't be available.

DAY FOUR*
1. Your Choice

DAY FIVE
1. Your Choice ("I'll go see how Saber's doing" will give you 
+1 Saber Point)
2. Jump to hallway ("Jump to the Stairs" leads you to Tiger Dojo 16)
3. Your Choice ("Can I hand her my command spell?" will 
SUBTRACT a Rin Point (-1 Rin Point)) ("Can I admit defeat against her?" will give you +1 Rin Point)
4. Your Choice, but not "Use the Command Spell" (which will send you to Tiger Dojo 17)
5. Your Choice

DAY SIX
1. Your Choice

DAY SEVEN
1. Your Choice
2. Your Choice ("Use the Command Spell to Call For Saber" will give you 
+2 Rin Points)

DAY EIGHT
1. It'll be pointless, don't ask ("I guess I'll ask" will lead you to Tiger Dojo 18)
2. Your Choice ("Meat's on Sale, buy for Saber" will give you 
+1 Saber Point) ("Worried About Sakura, go to Matou" will give you +1 Rin Point)

DAY NINE
1. Your Choice ("I guess that's the only option" will give you 
+1 Rin Point)
2. Protect Tohsaka ("Help Saber" will take you to Tiger Dojo 19)

DAY TEN
1. Your Choice ("Talk to Saber" will give you 
+1 Saber Point) ("Talk to Tohsaka" will give you +1 Rin Point)

DAY ELEVEN
1.Your Choice (If you chose to make Japanese Food/Take it out on the culprit, you'll get a second choice in the next scene. That choice is also a "Your Choice")
2. Refuse ("Obey" leads to Tiger Dojo 20)

DAY TWELVE*
1. Meet up with Tohsaka (If you have less than 
2 Rin points, you wont get this option, and you'll ultimately go to Tiger Dojo 21) (If you choose "Go to the Church for Advise", you'll similarly ultimately end up at Tiger Dojo 21) (Both of these paths have an option before the Tiger Dojo, but all of those choices still lead to the bad end)
2. Not yet, I can't act so recklessly ("I'll go out. I can give Tohsaka an opening..." will lead to Tiger Dojo 22)
3. Your Choice

*You MUST HAVE at least 2 Rin Points to survive Day 12

DAY THIRTEEN
1. Your Choice
2. Stop the man (choosing "Restrain myself" will ultimately lead to Tiger Dojo 23)
3. Either "I don't mind, but under one condition" (which gives you 
+1 Rin Point), or "...All Right". ("I refuse" will lead you to Tiger Dojo 23)

DAY FOURTEEN
1. Your Choice

DAY FIFTEEN
1. Your Choice ("Think" will give you 
+1 Rin Point) ("Go Over Strategy with Tohsaka" will give you +2 Rin Points) ("Check Up On Saber" will give you +1 Saber Point)

DAY SIXTEEN
*During the story of day 16, your total Rin and Saber points are calculated. If your Saber Points are 4+, and your Rin Points are less than 8, then you will get the "Good" end. Otherwise, you'll get the "True" end. Regardless of which path you get, you'll need to make the following choice:
1. "No way, I can't!" ("I'll at least take him..." will take you to Tiger Dojo 24)

8467459718_391a7e2e38_o.jpg

HEAVEN'S FEEL - "TRUE" / "NORMAL 1" / "NORMAL 2" ROUTES

Spoiler

The "True" and "Neutral 1/2" routes diverge on Day 16. A guide at that point will explain how to select your ending.

*Before anything, you need to know that Heaven's Feel is the hardest and most complicated route in the game. There are a LOT of variable flags. Here are the new variables: Sakura Points, Ilya Points, IlyaConversations.

*Note: Heaven's Feel is a very complicated route. I will do my best to make it simple, but if all else fails and we get separated, remember this: the power of love is remarkable. If your love for Sakura is strong enough, several flag barriers (and thus bad ends) can still be overcome. (How's that for a beautiful real life lesson?) There are some exceptions, so please read the following warnings.

WARNINGS

*If you do not have at least 9 Sakura Points by the end of Day 7, you'll be sent to Tiger Dojo 25

*If you have less than 3 Ilya Points by the beginning of Day 8, you will be sent to Tiger Dojo 26

*During the events of Day 13, if you do not have at least 12 Sakura Points, you'll be taken to Tiger Dojo 35

*Normal End 1 requires you to have 3 or less Ilya Points

*Normal End 2 requires you to have finished the True route before

DAY ONE

1.Help Sakura (gives +1 Sakura Point)

2. Your Choice

3. I'll take Sakura Home

DAY TWO

1. I'll make one more side since Sakura's coming

2. I'm worried about Sakura

DAY THREE

1.Don't stop her

2. Fight

3. Save Saber

DAY FOUR (HF Route)

1. Your Choice ("Secure" gives +1 Saber Point)

DAY FIVE

1. Your Choice ("Consult Her About Sakura" gives +1 Rin Point) ("I Smell Danger" skips the next choice)

2. Your Choice, both will end up giving +1 IlyaConversation ("I don't hate you" gives +1 Ilya Point)

3. Your Choice ("I'll tell her myself" gives +2 Sakura Points)

4. Your Choice ("Should I go check on her?" gives +2 Sakura Points)

DAY SIX

1. Your Choice

2. Your Choice, but "I'll go shopping" is recommended (gives +1 IlyaConversation). ("I'll have a snack" gives +1 Sakura Point)

3. Your Choice

4. Your Choice, but "No I'm worried about Sakura" will give a whopping +5 Sakura Points

DAY SEVEN*

If you have 2 IlyaConversation points, you'll get a choice here

1. "Forgive Me" gives no bonuses, "Invite" gives +3 Ilya Points and a flag, "Do anything she says" gives +3 Ilya Points

*If you do not have at least 9 Sakura points by the end of Day 7, you'll be sent to Tiger Dojo 25

DAY EIGHT*

1. Your Choice

2. Your Choice (but "Attack" leads to Tiger Doujo 27)

*If you have less than 3 Ilya Points by the beginning of Day 8, you will be sent to Tiger Dojo 26

DAY NINE

1. Your Choice (but all options except "He was on guard against my counter" give +1 Rin Point)

2. I can't do this myself ("No, this is my problem..." leads to Tiger Dojo 28)

3. Your Choice ("Yes" leads to +1 Rin Point)

4. Your Chocie ("No" leads to +1 Rin Point)

5. No way! ("I guess it can't be helped" will ultimately lead to Tiger Dojo 31 down the road)

6. Your Choice ("No, I can't leave her by herself" gives you +1 Sakura Point)

7. Your Choice, except for "Close my eyes and attack" which leads to Tiger Dojo 29 (but "Pull Tohsaka's Hand" gives +1 Rin Point and +1 Sakura Point)

8. I wan to protect Sakura ("Persist on Superhero" leads to Tiger Dojo 30)

DAY TEN

1. Your Choice (but "Want something to eat, Rider?" will give +1 Sakura Point) ("I really like her" will give +1 Sakura Point)

2. "I should go see what's going on" ("I should stay here" leads to Tiger Dojo 32)

3. Protect Ilya ("Bring Back Tohsaka" leads to Tiger Dojo 33)

4. Your Choice ("I guess Ilya" gives +1 Ilya Point) ("I Guess Tohsaka" gives +1 Rin Point)

5. Your Choice

DAY ELEVEN

1. Your Choice (all options except "Go check on Tohsaka/Ilya" give +1 Sakura Point)

DAY TWELVE

1. Nod

DAY THIRTEEN

1. Accept ("Don't Accept" leads to Tiger Dojo 34)

2. I can't do that.

*During the events of Day 13, if you do not have at least 12 Sakura Points, you'll be taken to Tiger Dojo 35

DAY FOURTEEN

1. Your Choice ("Quickly go home" gives +1 Ilya Point)

** At this point in the guide, I will not be making any more notes about Tiger Dojos. There are SEVERAL left, but they will clutter up the guide. Please see the flowchart for the last few.

DAY FIFTEEN

1. Save her.

2. Accept

3. Your Choice

4. Give Answer to question

5. Will I be on Sakura's side until the very end

DAY SIXTEEN

This is where the road diverges. There are three endings possible: the True Ending, Normal Ending 1, and Normal Ending 2. Note: the "Normal" ending is thus called because the term "Good" is controversial in its nomenclature. Follow the guides below for each ending:

True End:

1. Wait for my chance

2. Bring my arm down

Normal End 1:

1. Use another projection

2. Bring my arm down

*Have 3 or less Ilya Points

Normal End 2:

*Requires you to have beaten the HF True route before

1. Use another projection

2. Bring my arm down

3. Do it

This walkthrough was heavily based on Mirror Moon's amazing Flowchart.pdf walkthrough packaged with the English patch. A huge thank you for their amazing work. The VN community is made more for it.

Thanks!