What was the last game that made you say "wow"?

springning

Last non-vn that made me say 'wow'... probably Oblivion when it first came out.  Nothing since, certainly.  Skyrim was pretty but they didn't improve any on the storytelling (if anything, the storytelling was even more opaque in some ways).  Gaming has been pretty weak for the last few years...

The last VN I read that truly wowed me was Symphonic Rain. While it has quite a slow start, I was truly impressed with the quality of writing when I arrived to the later parts of the story. Symphonic Rain is one of the few VNs I've read that truly knew how to prepare for a plot twist. It is really hard to make a plot twist not seem like an ass-pull, but Symphonic Rain succeeded in doing it correctly. 

If we aren't talking VNs(because then the answer would be "whatever the last VN I played was"), I'd have to say either Saints Row IV or The Stanley Parable.  The first had an enjoyable story, was ridiculously over the top, had one of my new favorite video game antagonists, and just knew how to have fun with itself.

The second was The Stanley Parable, and saying anything more about it would be spoiling the experience(there's a free demo on Steam you can check out, though).

hm....well i play dota on an almost daily basis and something almost always happens that makes me say WOW did that just really happen?  But if you're talking about a new game, i'd say wasteland 2.  i love the post apocalyptic rpgs, and the amount of customization in that game makes for nearly infinite replays.

The most recent game that has made me go "wow" was Telltales:The Wolf Among Us. I was honestly a little bit skeptical as to whether or not it would be as good as TWD, but i was pleasantly surprised. I loved the 80's neo-noir theme and murder mystery's, and now i'm looking forward to the second season.

Biggest WOW i ever had is from Persona 4 golden, i thought it was just a normal remake but when i played it..its just WOW...seriously..WOW.

and for more recent i think Fairy fencer F and Walkure Romanze.

for FFF i thought it was a generic JRPG from Compile heart, yet somehow i really love the both ending. Cliche? yes amazing? yes.

Walkure Romanze is pretty wow for me because i thought its just your everyday moege but somehow with the Jousting and stuff its just good and addicting. 

VN: Rewrite

Shizuru's end, where Salvation actually occurs and everybody is wiped out except some ~50 people hiding out in an underground shelter. Like they even showed each character saying their final words before they vanished and oh gawd that was heartbreaking. It wowed me that the writers actually went through with this.

Non VN: Bioshock Infinite + Burial at Sea DLCs

Mass Effect,...and  You know what ? I still miss this game ! I'm a huge SF fan and this game was just a piece of heaven,...I remember every time I turn on my Xbox , I knew I will have a good time....Damn That was a fine piece of game ,Commander Shepard ,I salute you !

Probably Dragon´s Dogma. It did quite felt like traveling through a real Fantasy world and the somewhat harder diffilculty (especially if you don´t use something like walkthroughs) made it just better (could have been longer though).

Oh yeah, I love this game. I assume you played Dark Arisen as well? It's one of my favorite addons of all time (and ten times harder than post game).