Sign in to follow this  
arakura

Change to Introductions Board 'Last Post Info'

I am not sure if this is just me, but every time I log on to forums.fuwanovel.net I am always stricken by how little the last post info helps with the introductions board in particular. This is a small thing, but I think that for that particular board, it would make more sense to list something like 'last thread created by' so that a user can easily see if there are any new members. I am also unsure of how easy this would be to implement into the code, and there is the question of confusing people, but ultimately I believe that this would make the site more smooth and intuitive. Just a thought

Having all the boards except the Introductions show the last post  might be a bit confusing. Its hard to make one exception to the rule.  I love to introducing myself so I just make a point to view all the threads on the 1st page and ensure I didn't miss one (especially easy if you have been greeting people over time so that only new threads will show that you haven't posted) However, I am glad that you are interested in seeing a change! Some thoughts have been coming up on how to revamp the Introduction board. Your idea is thought provoking so you may see something similar to this actually happen ;)

What I do is just take a look at the topic list of the introduction forum and pick out the topics that have been made in the last day or two that I haven't gotten to. After I welcome all those people I mark the older topics as read.