Praise the Hot to Cold Shower!

Bolverk

I damn love these showers, The hot water makes me loosen up my muscles and relax some. Then the cold water shocks me into a emotional calm. More people should try it. You feel great afterwards.

Basically how I do the shower is. Start showering with hot water for a while, then end it with max cold. While the cold water runs, I close my eyes and focus on breathing through my nose and into my stomach. Easier not to focus on the cold then and you don't start hyperventilating.

that's really interesting. My take on how to best enjoy a shower is to get in warm water, and then start slowly ramping up the heat until it's searing hot and you cant take the pain anymore, at which point you get out of the shower. You know you've succeeded when the outside air doesnt feel annoyingly cold, but rather that the coolness is pleasurable relief from the aforementioned fiery torment. except watch out for your eyes, once it gets hot enough, I'm pretty sure contact with your eyes is unhealthy...

But I will try your strategy sometime and get back to you!

True, but I just shower at night though so then I go right into my warm sheets after a shower.  Warm-hot is always best IMO.  

Am I the only person here who likes to take like 20 minute+ showers?

I would shower at night instead but then I'd get super bad bed hair by the morning ;-;

I take waaay to long showers as well haha. Luckily doesn't cost much to warm cold water haha.

that's really interesting. My take on how to best enjoy a shower is to get in warm water, and then start slowly ramping up the heat until it's searing hot and you cant take the pain anymore, at which point you get out of the shower. You know you've succeeded when the outside air doesnt feel annoyingly cold, but rather that the coolness is pleasurable relief from the aforementioned fiery torment. except watch out for your eyes, once it gets hot enough, I'm pretty sure contact with your eyes is unhealthy...

But I will try your strategy sometime and get back to you!