Supreme Candy Translation

Heizei_koukousei

Project Dropped

http://skyspear-translations.webs.com/

HGF.png

05NO.jpg

Supreme Candy ~Oudou niwa Oudoutaru Riyuu ga Arun desu~

Supreme Candy is a Halloween themed game by Makura (the makers of Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru). The old team announced that a partial patch was to be released bin time for Halloween 2014. Sadly, Habluka who has been carrying the torch so far has declined to cooperate with us... I intend to translate this with much more dedication than has been previously shown in order to produce a quality project for all of you to enjoy.

Here is what the previous team accomplished in approximately 2 years:

~14573/43261 (~33.7%) lines translated

Current progress

Prologue:

286/762 lines

Common Route:

737/4327

Himawari Route:

0/3639

Yumine Route:

0/4528

Tokimi Route:

0/4689

Shuri Route:

0/3346

Hanei Route:

0/4258

Yuuri Route:

0/6561

Jako Route:

0/6132

Hesperus Route:

0/4331

Description

Tonami Yuu is a somewhat awkward adolescent who keeps a certain distance between himself and others because of a traumatic incident that occurred when he was a child. One day he chances upon a jar of candy labelled 'Supreme Candy', a miraculous treat that allows him to change his physical age. Using this opportunity, he transforms himself into a child and enters the neighboring school's playground, where high school girls of his age play innocently with children. Yuu believes he has finally found something that will let him get close to other people again... (VNDB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFlSgKAANxo

Current Skyspear Translation team members:

Heizei_koukousei - Project leader

Barralrider - Lead translator

interested translator - Translator #2

Heizei_koukousei - Editor

bl3u - Image Editor/Website Designer

binaryfail - Tech Guy

Open Positions:

•  
  • Translator
  •  
  • TLCer
  •  
  • Proofreader/Quality Checker
  •  

If you have any of these skills we would love to have you come join us! We will always accommodate for the needs of all Skyspear Translations team members.

Contact us by replying to this thread or by emailing us at [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

Current objectives:

•  
  • To build a website
  •  
  • To retranslate the prologue by the end of 2014
  •  

I am going to *try* cooperating with Habluka until the end of October, if by then he doesn't release a partial patch I will be a lot more serious about restarting. I agree that it would be a waste of time to restart unless I really needed to.

Thank you both for your interest already :P

And Kimanor, if you find a hacker that I can work with, I will be forever in your debt.

I am going to *try* cooperating with Habluka until the end of October, if by then he doesn't release a partial patch I will be a lot more serious about restarting. I agree that it would be a waste of time to restart unless I really needed to.

Thank you both for your interest already :P

And Kimanor, if you find a hacker that I can work with, I will be forever in your debt.

It really depends on whether or not he wants to. Around the community, he is considered a savior for translation projects, so he might save you as well.

I played this, and it was fairly good.... some familiar names to those who like Lovecraftian horror.

Nyartholepotep and Dagon?

Supreme Candy's progress was last updated in June. The translator actually tweeted about the project less than an hour ago: https://twitter.com/Habluka/status/523629558583402496 "I probably won't update the progress for a while because I'm going through the common route and Himawari's route to make them presentable."

Sounds to me like he wants to release a partial patch, otherwise he wouldn't be doing that at this point.

Supreme Candy's progress was last updated in June. The translator actually tweeted about the project less than an hour ago: https://twitter.com/Habluka/status/523629558583402496 "I probably won't update the progress for a while because I'm going through the common route and Himawari's route to make them presentable."

Sounds to me like he wants to release a partial patch, otherwise he wouldn't be doing that at this point.

Only time will tell.

This was in response to me pestering me him, otherwise he would not have made that tweet. I have been communicating with him through Twitter. I really hope he makes a partial patch. Honestly it would make things a lot easier on me...

Why not safely start by translating undone routes? If none partial patch are made, well no choice, it will be from scratch

Anyway this game sounds good, I can't wait for a partial/full release.

Good luck

So I have been playing around with the arc files in this game by myself just to see if I can find the script files. I opened all the available arc files with ExtractData and can extract individual files that were in the archive. I can get .ogg files and all sorts of image files no problem, but I came across an arc filled with a bunch of files that have an unknown extension. I am fairly certain that these are the script files but I can't figure out how to open them. Ive tried setting them to open with everything I have available (Adobe reader, notepad, Word etc) but nothing seems to work.

I have 0 experience with programming so I'm surprised I got this far :P Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

So I have been playing around with the arc files in this game by myself just to see if I can find the script files. I opened all the available arc files with ExtractData and can extract individual files that were in the archive. I can get .ogg files and all sorts of image files no problem, but I came across an arc filled with a bunch of files that have an unknown extension. I am fairly certain that these are the script files but I can't figure out how to open them. Ive tried setting them to open with everything I have available (Adobe reader, notepad, Word etc) but nothing seems to work.

I have 0 experience with programming so I'm surprised I got this far :P Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It would help if you could provide a screenshot or provide us that unknown extension name.

I'm assuming that not all script files are .rc, so yeah. I might appear stupid to be asking it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there Koukousei, it's me - the guy who replied to you on habluka's translation page. Too bad you guys couldn't cooperate, but nevertheless congratulations. You seems very serious about this project, so I think it would definitely be successful. Supreme Candy is definitely the best eroge Makura has released and my personal favorite. Wish I could help, but I have no skills in translating and editing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Koukousei, it's me - the guy who replied to you on habluka's translation page. Too bad you guys couldn't cooperate, but nevertheless congratulations. You seems very serious about this project, so I think it would definitely be successful. Supreme Candy is definitely the best eroge Makura has released and my personal favorite. Wish I could help, but I have no skills in translating and editing.

Hey there, I definitely recognized your username. You have been following the Supreme Candy project for longer than most. Thank you for the continuing support!

A little update:

We have begun to slowly move forward in translating. The common route *should* be done by the end of the year but we do still need a few extra TL/TLC. Also we have a website coming soon, a link to that will be added within the next few days.

Edit: Oh and we have scripts successfully re inserted as of yesterday, that might be important news :rolleyes: . This is one of the very first lines in the game

Screenshot_1_zps7b7af8cb.png

So things have been kind of slow this week on account of my illness and bl3u's internet going down...

But we did manage to publish the site so come check it out! http://skyspear-translations.webs.com/

Also, our faithful translators have continued to work on the prologue despite being busy with the real world themselves. I will be updating the line count shortly

• 2 weeks later...