Signing off for the... hhhehehe

Nayleen

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be gone for a while with either of: No computer, no internet or no time to hang around here regularly.

The reason being that I'm hauling my ass over to Berlin, taking only the bare necessities with me to start a new job on Monday, crashing on a friend's sofa for the time being and looking for an apartment of my own in my free time. Life's going to be busy for awhile, and the lack of a computer (apart from the work laptop I'll be getting) will make it hard to participate in the forums for that time.

Interesting tidbit: The move from Munich -> Mannheim (my home city) -> Berlin comes close to 470 miles or 756 km, just a little shy of moving across the entire country, which spans a total of 853 kilometers from north to south, all within one week. Phew!

I hope to be back soon, ideally with the server move finally done so I can start working as soon as I've got everything else figured out. See you guys then!

Because the entirety of the German railway drivers is striking this weekend.

I had a look inside the train station before leaving by bus and literally EVERY train had been cancelled in that 2 hour timeframe. Apart from taking forever these busses are comfy enough and have power outlets and wifi.

Because the entirety of the German railway drivers is striking this weekend.

I had a look inside the train station before leaving by bus and literally EVERY train had been cancelled in that 2 hour timeframe. Apart from taking forever these busses are comfy enough and have power outlets and wifi.

Meanwhile most Russian planes barely have functioning TVs, and not the "back of the seat" ones, the "one per 10 rows above the aisle" ones. Apparently they think power outlets aren't something that 11 hour flights need.

Still alive, working, napping a bit once I come "home", preparing food for my host once she comes out of work (late shift) and sleeping.

Doing a crazy trip on Fri/Sat, driving down to Munich from 10PM -> 6AM, handing over my old apartment @ 10AM, driving back from 3PM -> 11PM on Saturday. Whew.