side scrolling brawlers

krill

its been a while but when i was younger and spent a good deal of my time at the arcades i use to really love side scrolling brawlers. 

my faves were the golden axe series, altered beast , karnov, TMNT , and of course the x men 4 player arcade game. i enjoy them on every system so tell me your personal favorites and any suggestions youd recommend me check out and why . hope to hear from a bunch of fellow fuwan's.

You must try Odin sphere for ps2, a beautiful game with beat em up gameplay. Muramasa for the wii is awesome too, beautifull graphics draw on hand and with beat em up gameplay too. Or you may try Dragoon crown for PS3, it reminds to the clasic Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows over Mystarabut updated and with beautiful 2d graphics. (All this games are 2d... hehehe vanillaware rulez xD).

I don't really have a favorite, but i can suggest a few.

Aces Wild:Crazy beat him up that is quite fun. High skill ceiling that can really make it quite fun and challenging. Local Coop.

Shank 1 and 2: A brawler at its core but with the ability to shift around your "moves" (switch weapons). You can make some sick combos.

Guacamelee: Released a few months ago. It's alot of fun with colorful graphics and satisfying moves. I believe it supports coop and has a few rpg (upgrades) elements as well.

Castle Crashers: Quite old and fun. But play with friends and with a controller. It's basically a 4 player coop brawler and is quite fun (with friends).

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, one of the later and better games of this type

Karnov's a platformer, not a brawler.  Your main weapon is breathing fire, and you do a lot of jumping...

thanx for the correction i haven't played the game since it was released for the nes forever ago. just remember how much fun playing the shirtless fat man was lol.

Not a brawler but Castlevania was my favorite sidescroller game. Some other fun ones are Senran Kagura series, Castle Crashers, Alien Hominid, and Super House of Dead Ninjas. Pretty much all of those aren't brawlers I don't think but yeah sidescroller. TMNT games on gameboy were pretty awesome though.