Some minor forums organization changes

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that a minor shuffling of forums organization (as part of additional upcoming changes) has been completed. As I explained earlier this month and in the latest podcast, lots of little changes are on their way. All I ask is that you remember that the workflow guiding these changes is: make the change, watch it over a few days, re-evaluate, make a decision. If you don't like something, please feel free to post in the improvement board's request section (link). Every decision will stand for a few days and will then be reevaluated, so please take advantage of the improvements board to voice your thoughts, suggestions and complaints.

More details about forums changes will be rolling out in the next 6 days.

Tay

Ah, just to clarify for people (got a PM from a confused soul):

• The tech support section was reorganized slightly. It's now called "Game Technical FAQs & Solutions" and it's (currently) on the index page under the Fuwanovel Community category. The tech support board as you know it (free to post, Q&A) is now called "Voluntary Tech Support" and it's been moved to be a sub-board inside the FAQ collection. Again, this is not the final product, but it's a sufficient bandaid for our current purposes
  • The improvements board is now a sub-forum within this community hub. 

Wait, perhaps I'm missing something, but

kx6fzn7.png

The Project Requests Board is a subforum within a subforum? As it stands now, one cannot see it unless they go into its containing board first. I imagine that this might make its existence oblivious to a newcomer, unless they like to click around everywhere.

I'm not quite taking the stance for this to be changed. I'd just like some confirmation on whether what I mentioned will indeed be the case, and I find that it may be worth discussing whether this is truly the most beneficial option.

I noticed that too, but didn't really give it any thought.  I can see the case for making it more visible.

Where it currently is, it does make sense from an organizational perspective. It is also likely that someone looking to request a project will be familiar with the layout of the forum and know it's there, but that's an assumption that won't be true in every case.

just noticed it.

Not this is my opinion and nothing else.

I consider it a pretty nice improvement for the most part.

Although personally i feel the general discussion topic should go to community and game technical to visual novel.

But i still quite like the new layout, feels less cluttered. ;)

Oh yeah, earlier today I moved some topics to the community hub. 

They're mostly there as placeholders-  the topics that were moved don't reflect their final homes, and they may be moved again in a few days. It's just that this section has considerable spotlight, so I thought it would be a pity to leave a subforum empty for several days~

Just FYI -- Want to say thanks for all the PMs about moving the game FAQs/tech support boards to the VN Talk category. Until the back-end migration is done, I'm probably going to hold off any further forums moves. Every time I do that the forums software has to do a lot of caching and processing, and I don't want to put further strain on the ole' girl.

Also -- Yes, I realize the community hub is locked against starting new topics. This'll be changed soon, but I have to get a few things done, first.