Need some help with a Signature

Vargas

Been months since I used Cs6 on Photoshop and really lost. Wanted to make a signature for my profile here since some ppl have been offline that I msged. One of them did say if i made a thread about they would give me some info on what to do. From what I have seen on the forums here some signatures have gifs in them and wanted to make one from "If My Heart Had Wings". Any help would help me in the longrun and tips would be nice as well.

Well, I just typed up instructions on how to make a GIF right now but everything got deleted because Google Chrome confused my backspace key with the back button.

Here's a basic summary I can go in more details later:

1. Open Photoshop (CS6 and later)

2. Windows -----> Timeline ------> Create Video Timeline

Your animation frames are taken from the layers panel. If you have experience in basic video editing, this should be simple

To save as gif

1. File -----> save for web

or

1. If it's too choppy, go File -----> Export -----> Save to Quicktime format. 

Have 30FPS checked and all work frames enabled (You can reduce it if you need to reduce the size. Less FPS = less fluid GIF). It's better to adjust the resolution in the workspace than here.

2. File----> Import the Quicktime video file you just exported.

3. Select desired skip frame

4. File --> Save for Web

This is just a rough guide. You'll have to adjust and work with the file sizes on your own depending on where you're using the signature. There's no limit to signature file sizes here on Fuwanovel, but the resolution limit 850 x 150 needs to be adhered.  

If you have specific questions, leave them here and I'll try my best to answer with what knowledge I've gathered :P.