Chrome memory (RAM) usage help? Hardrive space fading

Ksiyas

For the past few months I've noticed my computers memory usage has been really high (Ram). It used to hover over 3gigs regardless of how long I was using it, unless I opened up more programs. But one day it just randomly started climbing. It would start at around the 3gb after i open up chrome but it would climb to 7gb. It is pretty annoying but it has an easy fix, just close chrome and open it again and it is back to its starting 3gb. I takes a good amount of time to fill, but its pretty annoying. Also, Shockwave crashes, which is a flash related program I think.

Not only does it have that issue, but i also notice that my hardrive space is slowly fading. Example: I start with 469gb of memory and maybe maybe 1-2 hours later it would be at 465 or something like that. It sometimes goes back up but not often. The most ridiculous amount ive lost in one sitting is around 5 gb. Its pretty weird.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I have spent many hours searching for a solution but none apply to my situation. 

For the past few months I've noticed my computers memory usage has been really high (Ram). It used to hover over 3gigs regardless of how long I was using it, unless I opened up more programs. But one day it just randomly started climbing. It would start at around the 3gb after i open up chrome but it would climb to 7gb. It is pretty annoying but it has an easy fix, just close chrome and open it again and it is back to its starting 3gb. 

I had the same problem with Firefox, apparently it was a memory leak problem. 

Not only does it have that issue, but i also notice that my hardrive space is slowly fading. Example: I start with 469gb of memory and maybe maybe 1-2 hours later it would be at 465 or something like that. It sometimes goes back up but not often. The most ridiculous amount ive lost in one sitting is around 5 gb. Its pretty weird.

Get WinDirStat and analyse the results.