fate/zero anime vs fate/stay night VN.

pokemon123

Depends, the FSN VN has a quality change in routes, where the Fate route is mediocre and UBW/Heaven's Feel are overall better.

FZ and FSN aim at different things, so I wouldn't compare the two. Heaven's Feel was my favorite route, and I'd say I liked Fate Zero's anime about the same. I do think that FZ's anime was better than UBW, but that's just because I really dislike Rin.

By the way, I absolutely loathe saber, so seeing she unintentionally get trolled by Kiritsugu was a big plus for me in FZ~

Oh? Comparing Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night, eh?

In the closest possible comparison, which is novel to novel, I'd probably choose Fate/Stay Night.

Fate/Stay Night was broad, colorful, and immerses its readers into the world of Fate.

It's not that Fate/Zero doesn't do that, it's just that Fate/Zero serves as a kind of prologue to Fate/Stay Night, so you really wouldn't want to compare the two. You could go as far as saying that Fate/Zero is a sort of extension of Fate/Stay Night, in which we are given more depth in terms of how Fate/Stay Night turned out to be what it is.

Personally, I prefer Fate/Stay Night.

Fate/Zero is good though.

I don't know about the anime. I haven't watched the new Fate/Stay Night. But Fate/Zero was good.

• 1 month later...

Honestly you cant compare FSN anime to the VN since the FSN done by deen incorporates parts of HF UBW and FATE ro so its rather horrible, Secondly F/Z sets the stage for everything to follow but honestly I enjoyed it best by reading FSN>UBW>(watiched as this has no VN)F/Z> HF