RWBY ..

Tatsujin

Depends on where you live. Just going off Google's "define feature", it says animation from Japan, going off Wikipedia, it says the same thing, but specifically mentions what you said above (so use it as you will, if you're not Japanese, it's Japanese animation only, if you're Japanese, you're free to call it anime)

Sorry that more than 90% of people here aren't living in Japan, considering if they were, they wouldn't really need an English translation to read visual novels.

*Sorry for coming off rude, I just hate the argument that anime can refer to non-Japanese animation*

rwby is made i believe in canada or the usa by a company called rooster teeth. the idea was never to make an anime it was to make a animation in the west that would appeal to anime fans. i believe rooster teeth has branched out in to game development recently or announced plans to do so. the point is the animation started by just a few guys and took off. so the concept of can a western based group make a show that appeals to anime fans was pretty well done considering all over the net you will find threads like this of people asking if its anime or not since a lot of people, even anime fans have trouble telling the difference. and no i haven't watched anything other then the previews and proof of concept videos rooster teeth put out before season 1 aired.

RWBY is a western-made Anime produced by Roosterteeth in Austin Texas, the people behind Red vs Blue and Achievement Hunter. The creator is a guy called Monty Oum who is really well known for his fighting animations (Look up Dead Fantasy or Haloid to see some examples). It's a really cheesy show but it does house some of the best fights and songs you'll see. 

actually it's supposed to air in japan and is being called the first american made anime released in japan.

If they have decided to do video games however, that may be more interesting. 

i highly doubt they will do video games just based of the company even though their expanding into movies there's a low chance it will become a game.

if you guys took the time to learn the story you might actually like it although the first season is introduction the new seasons are supposed to be much better.

i highly doubt they will do video games just based of the company even though their expanding into movies there's a low chance it will become a game.

Actually there is someone who made a game based on the RWBY red trailer and apparently Roosterteeth hired him to make a full game.

The game was free but they took it down after he got hired.

Actually there is someone who made a game based on the RWBY red trailer and apparently Roosterteeth hired him to make a full game.

The game was free but they took it down after he got hired.

Yea that's what I heard.  I was originally hyped when I first saw this screenshot though right after it had even started:

RWBY_Game.png

I was so disappointed when I learned it was fake.   I'll probably need to watch season 2 now and see if it's any better.