Ebola-chan

bl3u

Im really not for it if its slowing down the progress of fightin Ebola over there. Its not like we dont already have a massive problem with an under privaleged and uneducated population over there fearimg western medicine and murdering those trying to treat them.

Theres people over there who believe ebola chan is a legitimate western religion.

I'm definitely not against dark humor on serious themes, and this is a very serious theme...

...But I like it when it's funny. Can't say I find this funny... It's more of poor taste as Clephas said.

That's to be expected of /pol/, probably the worst place of the english-speaking internet.

I will say when my friend send me this without any description, i found it so cute and i really wanna change my Profile pic to her.

But when i know she is a Gijinka of Ebola virus, i have mixed feeling about it.

On a serious note. What do you guys think of Ebola-chan? alot of people find her incredibly offensive. I for one find her adorable, and I don't think any line of acceptability is being crossed by her being made, or even by people "worshiping" her.

There’s a fine line between humour and tragedy. Painful events are funny to people when there’s a certain distance between that person and the events themselves. I tend to think of 4-chan as a group who’s collective life experience is fairly limited (growing up sheltered and protected,) and that’s why they continuously find humour in cruel things. But whatever the reason they can be terribly immature at times, and they lack basic compassion and empathy. I’m long past the stage where I find this kind of stuff funny.

This isn't edgy, it’s not smart – it’s just childish. It's a drawing which makes light of a terrible situation going on in Africa for no other reason than to relieve boredom. Very distasteful.

Incidentally, while I might believe that the world's population needs a rapid reduction, that doesn't mean I'd want to do it through something as nasty and painful as Ebola...  mass-sterilization through nanomachines was more what I had in mind...

So, seriously, stop making jokes or helping others make jokes out of the situation over in Africa. 

Come on folks, Ebola-chan is fine, I for one find her cute, joking about such matters eases the nerves of some, while making others genuinely laugh, no harm done.

I was not aware of her family, thank you Jibril, Im glad shes not alone in this dark, unforgiving world.

Like others have stated it is a joke in poor taste. Jokes are acceptable within a relative time difference and seriousness of an event. Widespread suffering, and current events such as the Ebola crisis should never be joked on. It is a terrifying and extremely painful disease that is running rampant and I hope to god is doesn't evolve to be airborne, which is a discussion I had with various people recently.

While I may make distasteful jokes on occasion without thinking of what I'm saying, creating images like this requires more than just a fleeting thought. I would also think that things like Ebola, Cancer, Malaria and AIDS, would be an obvious taboo when making jokes, but my faith in some people's ability to think seems to be too high.

To be frank, this makes me ridiculously angry and disgusted.

There’s a fine line between humour and tragedy. Painful events are funny to people when there’s a certain distance between that person and the events themselves. I tend to think of 4-chan as a group who’s collective life experience is fairly limited (growing up sheltered and protected,) and that’s why they continuously find humour in cruel things. But whatever the reason they can be terribly immature at times, and they lack basic compassion and empathy. I’m long past the stage where I find this kind of stuff funny.

This isn't edgy, it’s not smart – it’s just childish. It's a drawing which makes light of a terrible situation going on in Africa for no other reason than to relieve boredom. Very distasteful.

Like others have stated it is a joke in poor taste. Jokes are acceptable within a relative time difference and seriousness of an event. Widespread suffering, and current events such as the Ebola crisis should never be joked on. It is a terrifying and extremely painful disease that is running rampant and I hope to god is doesn't evolve to be airborne, which is a discussion I had with various people recently.

While I may make distasteful jokes on occasion without thinking of what I'm saying, creating images like this requires more than just a fleeting thought. I would also think that things like Ebola, Cancer, Malaria and AIDS, would be an obvious taboo when making jokes, but my faith in some people's ability to think seems to be too high.

I think the death toll is at four thousand. Four sevenths of one millionth of the world population. Still a big number, and it's more than a number. Each and every person who has an entire world of their own.

But I wouldn't worry about ebola turning into a dragon and cooking everyone just yet

I'm going to address many of you on this, since I have unique views on it apparently. 

/pol/ made Ebola-chan. 2chan, which is basically the Japanese equivalent of 4chan. Started making posts about Ebola-chan. Eventually Nairaland, a Nigerian image board caught on, some users were claiming it was all legit and that Ebola-chan was out to get their souls. But alot of them recognized it for the joke that it was, I think the funniest part about all this is that the Nigerian image board, were the ones that caught the joke. While the mainstream American press lost their shit and started condemning the users of 4chan.