Let's play some Dota!

archaic

Yup, also a farming alche that farms aghs for his whole team, morphling that hybrids a techies and commits suicide, support naga that gets refresher aghs, etc.

Edit:

I like this update. Time to go to the desktop and analyze this.

WTF this Techies update...

It's weird, but keep in mind that it's 125 range which is almost exactly melee range, and it's marked with a sign so people know to avoid it.

So after messing around in the test client a bit, I found that if Rubick uses Spell Steal on someone under the new "blademail linkens" Lotus Orb, the target's ult is replaced with whichever spell Rubick last cast... If the last spell was also Spell Steal, the hero can then use Rubick's ult to steal another spell instead. #balancedboys

This patch is going to stay at Test client probably. I haven't played test client yet, but from what I read, Octarina Core is just too OP for AoE magic heroes like Zeus/Leshrac. Zeus is already too good right now. Also, lots of changes are potentially buggy/has unforeseen consequences. 

I have mixed feeling about Alchemist aghanim. But I think him quadrupling Bounty rune gold will be meta-breaking.

The update for supports is my first opinion and groundbreaking the pillars with a lot of new stuff. Stacking earlygame items such as Mek, Arcance boots, wards (yes at last I can use my inventory for something else than wards/boots/wand) in the same spot and it is possible to upgrade Mek to something more useful later on if they don't benefit from other items. A lot of new items buffing magical resistance too. 

I am intrigued. This is going to be so interesting in the upcoming weeks. A couple of supports are back in the meta. But I don't understand how adding an scepter on carries such as Luna is going to improve anything. The only guy benefiting from that is Rubick with aghs. Or are we supposed to test some hard carries in other roles?

Luna's had an aghs for a while, I think the point is to add versatility, even if most of the time a hard carry Luna won't get it. Also now that Alchemist can give you an aghs without you having to farm it or waste a slot on it...

Also I'm biased towards anything that makes Rubick better, he is my most played hero after all. :>

Luna's had an aghs for a while, I think the point is to add versatility, even if most of the time a hard carry Luna won't get it. Also now that Alchemist can give you an aghs without you having to farm it or waste a slot on it...

Right, forgot that. And Alch is 6 slotted after 35 minutes anyway. Scary...

Bulldog is happy. NP and LD got buffed. Let's see how many teams are interested in him now. :)

Right, forgot that. And Alch is 6 slotted after 35 minutes anyway. Scary...

Bulldog is happy. NP and LD got buffed. Let's see how many teams are interested in him now. :)

I'm pretty sure I saw the reddit post that came up with the idea of Alchemist's aghs, although the idea there was that he could consume them himself and keep stacking stats so that he doesn't stop growing at 35 minutes. Honestly, I like this idea better.

I'm pretty sure I saw the reddit post that came up with the idea of Alchemist's aghs, although the idea there was that he could consume them himself and keep stacking stats so that he doesn't stop growing at 35 minutes. Honestly, I like this idea better.

yes it would be way to broken if he could get 10+ in all stats every 5 minute or something.

Now that I think about it, isn't OD aghanim a little bit too OP? 

It takes out multiple heroes for 4 seconds. Imagine Echo Stomp that deals heavy damage, steals INT, no cast time, and a much wider AoE. Meanwhile, your team ganks on the other unastraled heroes. If you need it, you can even cast another Astral on a hero after the ult, taking him out completely for 8 seconds. Easily the best Aghanim upgrade along with Centaur.

Now that I think about it, isn't OD aghanim a little bit too OP? 

It takes out multiple heroes for 4 seconds. Imagine Echo Stomp that deals heavy damage, steals INT, no cast time, and a much wider AoE. Meanwhile, your team ganks on the other unastraled heroes. If you need it, you can even cast another Astral on a hero after the ult, taking him out completely for 8 seconds. Easily the best Aghanim upgrade along with Centaur.

Hmm, why I think so highly of OD aghanim is not his damage, but his ability to divide enemy team into two. On a 5v5 teamfight, at least getting 2 heroes astraled is not that hard with OD's ult. In that situation, you have 3v5 situation for 4 seconds. I don't think it's going to be used for teamfight setup like Naga into Black Hole for example (though it's possible if the enemy team is stupid), but it will be used to tip the scale of a teamfight with mass undispellable disable. You can still even use your Astral too to disable 1 more hero.

Well that's true. Yo ugot a valid point. But I still see all carries buy BKB vs him anyway.Supports got killed if they are caught. So yes you are killing one or two supports. The other guys just give up and get the hell out of there. If an carry is trapped they just pop BKB afterwards and with a decent counterinitiation they can turn it around. It is like every game vs a shotgun morph or Bat. You are expecting to play 4 vs 5 if you are not initiation perfectly. 

Alchemist can now cast Aghanim's Scepter to directly grant any allied hero all Aghanim's Scepter bonuses as a buff (the hero upgrade and the stat upgrade). The scepter is consumed in the process. Multiple instances of this buff do not stack. Alchemist can target himself as well

It's still nice since you get stats while keeping the inventory space during late game.

• 1 month later...

Ah, so there is a DotA thread hiding somewhere in here!

If anyone is looking for a game, hit me up here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IncandescentDarkness/

Preferably SEA server, although I don't mind the occasional game in another server (performance will probably dip depending on how bad the ping is though)

Hope no one minds the necro...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Day 56: Someone has yet to appear in Fuwanovel channel I created (inside DotA, obviously).

So where is this channel?  :D

I got something in my mind telling me LGD is a force to be reckon with this TI5. The man behind Newbee's success are in a similar spot as last year. They barely did anything except that i-League victory. Next week the group stage begins. I can't wait.

This is not a TI4. The meta is a lot more versatile and deathball isn't efficient in the same way. But it wasn't completely nerfed to oblivion as ratting after TI3.