Tips on route management?

Zodai

Simply put, after much delay I've finally finished the first route of Comyu.  Being in the long midgame of routes 2-4 now, I have need of some advice.

Simply put, I'm worried about content added in after the first playthrough.  I've encountered this in Little Busters! thus far, but with that I was able to simply skip all the unread text, which despite there being an option in the menu for it, seems to not be working.  Therefore, I'm worried about skipping through unread text because I might miss something added in, but at the same time reading through it all manually would just cause me to get bored and stop playing, which I would like to avoid.

Do you have any tips for this game specifically, or anything that can be used in multiple titles?

Use the walkthroughs. VNs aren't really video games in the traditional sense, so there is no reason not to.

I disagree, there are VNs that rely on their unusual structure, and even when they don't, they often have bad endings to give some.meaning to the choices. Using walkthroughs is throwing away the little interactivity there is, and that's not really always worth it.

Though if you just want to read it like a book, go ahead.

I disagree, there are VNs that rely on their unusual structure, and even when they don't, they often have bad endings to give some.meaning to the choices. Using walkthroughs is throwing away the little interactivity there is, and that's not really always worth it.

That again, depends on the VN. Try something like しゅぷれ~むキャンディ without a walkthrough, it's complete waste of time.

For me it is really frustrating to read a VN without a walkthrough. I've give up on that. Because right after the start I usually know which order I want to take. But the choices you need for that are in the most cases not logical for me (maybe my way of thinking is just to weird ;) ) ...

So... use a Walkthrough -> enjoy -> be happy ;)

Greetz

Oh the good ol' walkthrough discussion.

I feel like there is definitely two groups of people when it comes to VN reading preferences. Those who enjoy the "self immersion" and those who enjoy the "book with pictures"

I find using walkthroughs to be an extremely bad idea, the whole point is YOU making the choices, following a script completely kills the immersion.

Im aware that some VN's refuse to make sense, adding unforseen consequences to what appear to be simple choices, G-Senjou is an example, I completely missed half the game because I though "hey, its ME who is playing, lets just roll with it!" BAM! Bad end.

I started out playing Clannad as if it were me who is playing, that didn't last long... I prefer games that have as few bad ends as possible so that I don't have to rely on a walkthrough. I see how you could say walkthroughs are a bad idea in general when feeling like you are the protagonist. However, more often than not they are the only way

to deal with the abstract nuances of the choices in each game.